1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg Ultimate Unit Idea

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by concreteasflesh, Jun 28, 2007.

Zerg Ultimate Unit Idea

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by concreteasflesh, Jun 28, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

most of the ideas (all...) are incredibly overpowered

2. DontHate

DontHate New Member

the idea of the spire getting taller and taller is cool but it's dumb. it needs some better abilities.

3. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife New Member

lol..?? Slugs on a plate?? That is such a disgrace to the zergs, lol.

4. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    I think the zerg superweapon should be something along the lines of a crappy unit costs more than a nuke, and having maybe 100 hp or less. When it is destroyed by normal means, nothing happens, but when you either

A. Consume it or
    B. Broodling it, the unit will explode in a giant cloud of plague that damages all units and buildings in the area, and will also eat away at shields and to a lesser extent energy.

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Instead of having a ultimate unit they wont even have, they should have a new, more practical and perhaps a little stronger (so it aint left behind cause of Mothership/Thor) Ultralisk.

6. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Exactly what she said. They won't get supper units but will get something like it. Like thors for terran. The good thing is that zerg don't have to worry about protecting an "Only allowed one unit" type. I think that the supper unit will be an ultralisk+ either that. Or a kind of lurker or something.

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    A really huge lurkerlooking thingy would be nice. A really cool thing about zerg is the burrow ability. Just think about it; a group of zels(or whatever) are running along i nice little road. Suddenly...
    -Zergs superunit(not limited though) unburrows itself right in the middle of em and starts killing everything! Imagine the powerful ambushes could be performed if Zerg biggest unit could burrow!

8. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I don't think so since the ultralisk isn't as agile as zerglings, zerglings move really fast. Ultralisks are just really big and have long legs. I don't think they can burrow or anything. Lurkers are specificaly designed to burrow and look like giant spiders with six legs for quick burrowing.

9. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    and thats why the new ultra should look like a lurker. see?:D

10. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

I prefer the idea of a super structure, or a huge buff to overlords. Or even a structure that ressurrects over time, and has to be the last one destroyed, in order to keep the swarm pumping. ^^

11. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

I'd bet my money on the giant Ultralisk thing. That'd be pretty cool enough.

The other thing is a gigantic burrower, kind of like that one movie... Evolution where that one guy goes "looks like a giant loogy!" So this huge worm could burrow, travel underground while burrowing, could suddenly unburrow, tearing the ground that it uproots from and damage/destroy all units or even buildings for that small immediate area. I don't think it'd even be that overpowered since it's just that one area, and after it unburrows it could have a delay time before burrowing again, like screaming around or something like that nydus worm we saw in the first demo. While it is uprooted, it could devour or severely damage units with perhaps... tentacles? I don't know, something like that. Oh, and the unit I'm suggesting would only be a singular unit, not massable, which probably renders everything I said pointless cuz they already said Zerg wouldn't have an ultimate unit like that.

Or just a giant-er Ultralisk, lol.

12. xasterothx

xasterothx New Member

lol...celebrate

13. Steve22x

Steve22x New Member

Instead of thinking about a super-killer think about a "true queen". She can carry loads of units for dropping along with a defensive attack to protect herself or maybe some defiler-esque spells. Just a thought.

14. DontHate

DontHate New Member

on the thought of the "true queen", i think it should be stationary and there would be, say 10 larvea around her. however, she would cost about the same amount of money for a mothership and such.

15. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

I rather have a moving "bunkerish" crab-looking zerg, with holes on its carapace, in order to keep hidras safe in the line of fire. Zergs are very vulnerable units, and this shouldn't change much. But there should be ways to overcome their weaknesses.

Also, I think the queen should have a buff in their powers, but remain aerial and caster. Yet not a super-unit.

16. Cerebrate

Cerebrate New Member

I am not fan of idea that Zerg swarm will have an super-unit.

Races of Starcraft are unique and they should have lot of diffrences... just because Protoss and Terran have super-units dont meant that Zerg should automatically have one too.

Zerg princible:

Quantity>> Quality

17. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

And what you have to say about Ultralisk? ;-) If you can't escape the amassing strategy, then it's easy to counter: splash dmg + AoE, and that's it. You can't hav Zergs beeing hostages to Protoss templars alone. That wouldn't be strategy, but hot-key repetition contests! lol

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Still, something thats bigger and more powerful than a ultra, but slower, to even things out.

19. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

i kinda made a suggestion already in the tpoic "Great Zerg Idea!"

I though that would make a good replacement for the ultralisk

20. Mikosz

Mikosz New Member

Heh... why all of U are going into Details... Zerg are About numbers... :>

Lets make an Upgrade to Hatchery, late game that allows to spawn one more unit from a drone without additional costs :D

U buy one Hydra u get the other for free :) Suiting for an Swarm... :p

Or for each hatchery every zerg unit is cheaper by 2% ? stacking to 10% ^^