1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg spell (glue)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by tweakismyname, Oct 14, 2007.

Zerg spell (glue)

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by tweakismyname, Oct 14, 2007.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I think it should make fighters ground accessible and capital ships slower. If you don't have anti air weapons by the time the cruisers show up you screwed up royaly and are dead anyway

2. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Exactly tweak! exactly! , it will not kill anything :p

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Perhaps it could cause the fighters to crash and thus be dead while the capital ships hit the ground take 10 points of damage and be attackable by ground units for 20 seconds while they get the engines working again.

What would happen if the unit is hit by this over water/lava though?

4. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Then the air unit that will hit the lava or water would probebly blow up and get destroyed! , but I don't like the whole idea of this thing killing a whole aircraft unit! because it seem's to powerful for it just to destroy an aircraft but yet again , defiller has a power that kill's a unit...or something else doe's that so it could be close to something like that!

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

100 damage and bring air units down to the ground is way too much, psi storm only does 110 damage. i think 20 damage and 5 seconds is enough

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    no not 100 just 10 (ten) Only one zero

7. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Nice idea! This reminds me of an ability from warcraft. That web thingy. But it's great!

8. BinaryBanshee

BinaryBanshee New Member

If you are thinking of that web spell from Warcraft that made air units frozen and vulnerable to ground then i'm against it. WC and SC are very different, partly because WC spells change the unit dynamic a lot whereas SC abilities just interefere with it. A "spell" in SC to make air units go to ground is too much of a change to the way abilities interact in SC. You would have other problems, for example an air unit becomes vulnerable to ground and suddenly gets hit by seige tanks two screens away by another player, or you would find a battlecruiser suddenly ambushed by burrowed zerglings - there would be too many bizarre consequences.

However if you mean simply a modified version of Ensnare from SC1 then that might work, but only if you keep it AoE and it doesn't imobilise the unit completely. Although this would result in a G to G air unit for a short time which is even more weird.

Sorry I can't see how this ability could be successfully implemented.

9. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I already love this ability. Hihihi I would love to see that.

10. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Lol it is quite amusing! and there is no way this ability will kill an aircraft! I just can't see it happening but I will be surprised iff it doe's! , oh look a zergling! yeah let's blast it! zergling : time to use the glue ability! *zergling use's glue on battle cruiser!* and then the cruiser drops to ground like a ton of brick's! battlecruiser pilot's: what the hell? , zergling : hehehehehee!! , now I can't see a zergling owning a whole battlecruiser! :p

11. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Thanks for the Stalker coreyb! very cheap! now I'm poor! :thumbup:!

12. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Ummm no problem dude but this is offtopic!

13. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    i like the idea....meh i'm good to go see you people >:D

14. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    if it only affects units with an armor level of 3 or higher, then once the enemy upgrade thier flying units armor the final time it would be usless because all thier units would have at least an armor level of 3 or higher.

15. DontHate

DontHate New Member

it'd be cool to see this on an ultralisk, that way it's better than before and wont' need to be scrapped.

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

only the zerg get this ability, the scenario you described will only happen in team games where there is a zerg and a terran in the same team, i don't see why this can' happen in team games, there are a lot of interesting combos in team games already, like emp+plague to screw protoss, and medic healing zealots.

that's the whole point of this ability, to allow zerglings/ultras/guardians/lurkers to be able to attack aerial units for a short period of time. however i do agree that capital ships shouldn't be brought down, only small air units are affected by this spell

17. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

I think the ability would work best to be cast by a ground unit - because if an air unit can cast it, then as mentioned - what happens when a unit is sposed to crash and they're over deep space? or lava? etc... but if it was a ground caster - it could basically shoot out some web-like strands or goo or whatever, but make it look like a spider-man type attack, so that the craft that is hit is pulled down near the location the ability originated from

it should yank fighters right out of the sky - maybe small damage, and leave them stuck on the ground for a bit, while they struggle to get air-borne again. It doesn't need to be much damage, because if it's a thick coating of webbing or goo or whatever, it would cushion the fall. Bigger ships should be affected the same way, it should just take longer for the ability to take effect. So we could have an easy ratio set up to translate to supply points - the more supply points a unit has, the longer it takes for this ability to work on them... maybe each supply point = .75 seconds... so big units like Battlecruisers and Carriers would have a chance to destroy the casting unit and stay in the air - while smaller units like Banshees and Phoenix would be almost instantly sent crashing to the ground

Visually, you could have the casting unit keep throwing out a strand or glob of glue each 3/4's of a second, so you see the Banshee get hit with two strands and go crashing down, but the Battlecruiser takes six strands before it's affected...

18. BinaryBanshee

BinaryBanshee New Member

The only way I can see this working is if you can shoot the webbing / goo / whatever with other air units to free the trapped unit. That would make it fair. Otherwise air units would suddenly be vulnerable to ambush over any area of land. Even if it didn't affect capital ships it would still nerf all air fighters over land.

19. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

oh please... all you have to do is have balanced forces - give the casting a short range, and anyone threatened by this could just use land units to blast the casters before sending air units in

20. Z-BosoN

Z-BosoN New Member

This is kind of like the Web or Esnare ability in Wc3.

The ability definitely makes sense though, the Zerg spit could be really dense and slowly bring aerial units down to ground level. A variation of the Queen's Esnare could also happen, instead of just slowing units, it also brings them down to ground level. That would make people use it more frequently.

I also liked the concept of the Protoss using gravity to do the same, it is a really good idea, in my opinion.