1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg seem worse in SC2.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Redlazer, Jul 10, 2009.

Zerg seem worse in SC2.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Redlazer, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

just something to consider on a few of the suggestions here, if u start to bring everything down to mid tier from the high tier then the zergs late game will suffer instead of the mid game. i think there should be something more then just brining all the units down to mid game just to have late game suffer for it now instead.

imo the zerg needs more tech for mid and late game. maybe even some more units. right now the toss and terran are far superior then the zerg in terms of tech and sheer power in there mid and late game. the zerg just cant compete with that right now. the terrans defenses are far stronger then they ever were before and the tosses offensive capabilities are far superior then they ever were before.

the zerg has better massing abilities with the queen but that peaks in early game. come mid game and late game im pretty sure the toss and terran can easily counter that. and usually zergs have enought hatcheries around to not even need the queens ability anymore or atleast not as much as they would in early game.

so i suggest give them more tech or atleast make some of the units cheaper so they can mass more effectively. id hate to have to use purely ultras lings and hydras just like i did in sc1. the only diffrence is that id throw in a few banelings and roaches to the mix and roaches cant atk air so idk how effective they will be mid/late game.

but the zerg still needs alot of work and blizzard knows it, so lets see what blizzard has in store for them in the upcoming months.

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Come to think of it, what are the units, that comes to a players mind when they speak of each race? Imo, none of the current new zerg units are impressive enough to be in the same stands as the other races new units like p-stalkers & colossus, t-marauder & thor, which is why zerg really needs more progress.

3. rifstrsou

rifstrsou Guest

Overseer has 5 abillities if it gains Transfusion - Passive Detector, Sight Range Increase when not moving, Spawn Changeling, Spore Cloud (a line of sight blocker similar to smoke on platforms.:confused:

4. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    When I think of Zerg in SC1 I think of muta micro and holding with lings and later lurkers.
    SC2 is a defferent story the Zerg are bloted out by the huge units of the other races, when really the Zerg are supposed to be the more awesome race ans stuff because they basicly take over the galixy and then go away and come back with even more terror.

The new Zerg units aren't terror units the older Zerg units from sc1 that were carried to SC2 are more "scarry" then sc2 new Zerg units, maybe they could kill the infester and make the teir 3 units add into teir 2 and then make more awesome teir 3 units.

Because when you think about it all the Zerg have for teir 3 is lurker and ultra, and that's a load of crap.
    Bring both to teir 2 (even if here's a teir 3 upgrade for extra ultra HP because of a debuff that would have to be done to go to teir 2 and the lurker with the att range upgrade teir 3

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  5. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Zerg just seem boring to play now; You'd think the most outlandish race in the game would have gotten some more creative units, but they got the most bland units of all three races. The only fitting unit/mechanic Zerg have received so far is the Baneling.

6. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I agree ^

That's why I suggest that they moved 3rd teir down and add super awesome units.

Maybe after 4 years of mutation they have mutated into a "Protoss" late game, like more units like the ultra, coslty and super awesome, basicly they pickup the stength in a few in late game that the protoss lost going into sc2.

And does anyone feel their working on the Terran way too much?

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I can understand that zerg really prevailed in brood wars, but I think that's no reason for their evolution to slack off.. despite what kerrigan said during the trailer "We are evolving." Somehow, I think that it's turning in the wrong direction base on impressiveness.

This game at first wasn't supposed to be a trilogy and by dividing it, perhaps the developers really took time to work on wings of liberty with more passion as they did with zerg. If things turns out like this then maybe zerg will get their makeover during the sequel of the trilogy.. Not bad, but would be promising.. ah, cut what I've said, I think that they should really balance this 3 out so that SC2 e-sports would catch up fast.

8. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Yea, they need to do something to the Zerg fast, damn I guess we will have to wait for the 2010 blizzcon won't we, (or have we not had the 09 blizzcon?)

I should look this crap up more often. I'm so unupdated.

9. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

I'm disappointed they don't have a good air caster. I always use Queens for their one shot kill against tanks and templar. You can pick off the tanks that are harassing your bass from across a river. All the Zerg units look the same as SC2 but Terran and Protoss are totally different.

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Yes you can. Brood Lords can rape them, Overseers can block their line of sight, Infesters can Neural Parasite them, Lurkers can attack them, you can spawn Nydus Worms next to them and overrun them, simply attack them with Mutalisks, etc.

Seeing as Terran are supposed to have the advantage of such situations, I don't think you can really complain about it, especially with there being so many ways to counter it anyway,

11. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    Man.... This game so needs to be released....

I need it.

12. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    i agree, hasen't anyone been able to "hack" (copy) SC2 from a comp at Blizz con?

I would think soon I could find a copy of a build on like filefront or something but I find nothing at all.

13. Mattbaumann777

Can lurkers out-range the tanks. I liked using the queens because it was a one-shot-kill sniper type of attack. People usually have 5 or 10 tanks together at a choke.

14. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    No they do not out range a tank (tank 12, luker 9)

And I'm sc2 they will not have a crap load of tanks at chokes, there really freaking expensive, so you will only have like 5 and a bunch of rines and stuff.

And lurkers will be perfect choke blokers, now that they have big range you can put a few done and do a hold lurker and then the unit can't get away fast enough (maybe helion or stimd rines, but it has so much range idk)

15. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Kerrigan: We are devolving. :(

16. Mattbaumann777

The zerg are devolving. Lurkers can't do anything against tanks, especially once Terrans get observing vessels. I always used queens to pick off tanks that people would put between turrets. I get the shot in before the turrets take out my queen. With a brood lord, it has to sit there and fire while getting killed by the turrets.

17. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    no the brood lord has seige range, and turet has 7 range, and if tank is right next to it then when the "mutalings" (pretty much a downgraded Zergling) are hatched upon impact then the tank will fire and kill the turet and the lings, and if he places the tank close enough to the turet that the tank can't fire on it then the tank is screwed cuz the tank can't fight air units or units that are in its face, basicly now in SC2 Zerg will just use broodlords to wipe out fields of tanks and corrupters to wipe out heavy air and mutas to wipe out small air.

and lol redlaser

oh and lurkers have seige range, so you could use a line of sight blocker to get close or use a spore cloud from an overseer to block their line of sight then close in, (this would work if their is no air units, and air units would be the counter to this, and SC2 is primarly a ground battle so their probly won't be that many air units anyway.)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  18. Mattbaumann777

But you can't kill the tanks with a single hit. They terran player will have ships ready for when you start attacking the tanks.

19. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Then bring 10 or more with ground support!

Just like the gardian was a massing unit the broodlord is a semi massing unit. (just a pimped out gardian)

20. Mattbaumann777

I was referring to the Big Game Hunters map where the Terran player will seige your base from the edge of his base. That always annoys me and that's where I use Queens to disrupt that.