1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg seem worse in SC2.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Redlazer, Jul 10, 2009.

Zerg seem worse in SC2.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Redlazer, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    WTF?

When did it seem like I wasn't listening?

Am I like missing some point and ur pissed at trying to tell me?

2. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

I hope they bring back dark swarm and a decent air caster.

3. Ive never really could play the zerg, but..i think in SC1 9pooling was a joke. idk if u can in SC2...also, im glad there adding Banglings cuz ide h8 to infestest a CC :p...Lurkers..meh sure make them more rigged...just gives us other 2 races to brag about killing em :p.

4. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Please read the forum rules^

9 pool was a vey viable strategy in Zerg v Protoss, played by pro's like jeadong and savior.

5. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Smart individual.

6. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

sc2 is more or less a new game im sure their is a reason for the take out of dark swarm and also the fact still remain that they have a unit that can move underground and is a caster.

guys wate for the beta i know your going crazy but still we don't have any concrete specifics just yet

7. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Don't forget the overseer, it has (think still has heal thing) it has enormous sight with detection. And it has the cloud thing that blocks sight range, that one ability will spell disaster for a Terran. Using that ability will take there most helpful truibute, range, if they don't have range they kinda CAN suk.

Oh and the changling ability will be very helpful for getting intel.

The Zerg still have a very effective air spell caster. The infested is like a permenantly coaked unit. That can move and use all of it's spells. It's probly one of the Most edvanced things the swarm has adapted.

And with the queen the swarm will be massing around triple times at least more units then the other races.
    Not to mention that she can put up a very quick defence if the armys out else were. And since u should have them in a huge supply you should always have enough larvae to make what ever u want.

And the overlord can now spill creep anywere it wants, rendering the Terran and toss unable to expand at any location
    an overlord is at.

So with that said I think that the zerg are fine how they are caster wise. They have plenty of different uses but blizz just needs to do a little more work on the spells with the infester. That's really all that I personaly think the Zerg aren't as good as they could be as of right now.

I also think that the units that the Zerg have are basicly not as creative as I thought they would be. They need a new unit that takes the roach roll and exequtes it out better. Let's say a small air unit that has around 5 attack or so like a long but has around 80HP like the roach, the attack animation etc would need some ideas maybe like a melée air unit? Or make it kinda like a short ranged unit kinda like a hydra of the sky. Or maybe make it be able to land like the Viking sort of make it be able to "dive" and attack like birds do to catch fish in the ocean. When they do this ground units could attack them. This would make it a very unique unit. It would be perfect for quick raids, attacking at one area and flying fast like scourge and heal before they reach another area. Maybe the could have a bonus to light armored units.

This would replace the roach and would cost around the same as scourge from SC1 but they wouldn't have the regen until it's upgraded and would cost around 150-200 each and would only heal up by 15HP a second because they would be like intercepters very hard to kill because there fast.

They would hatch in pairs of two but maybe they could be more expensive and come in pairs of four. Maybe cost as much as a mutalisk.

(review of my idea)
    Looks like a mix between a ling and the old scourge and can fly.
    Has around 5 Att upgraded with the normal attack upgrades from the spire.
    The heal would be costly to avoid it being an end all units like mass carriers. And would heal less then the roach.
    This would replace the roach with a cheap new fresh idea for the Zerg witch they desprately need.
    The "diving" animation would look something like the animation of the old swarm gardian. (I was lucky to see a glimps of the animation)

Anyone like this idea?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    I dont like it, and you wanna know why? This sentence does it for me:
    "This would replace the roach" and this sentence got me down from my seat: "witch they desprately need"

9. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Ok so add this unit that would add diversity and a new feeling for the Zerg.

Instead of thoughs.

But set aside that would u like this idea of a unit for the Zerg?

In MY OPINION I think the roach isn't what it could be, I know your just dieing to yell at me now because they've been used terribly etc buy come on. Unless you have played the game Im not sure anyone can prove that they really are useful or not.

10. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I was just playing SC2 and I noticed a mechanic from SC1 zerg that completely vanished in SC2...

SLOW

Yes, that's right. I was playing against a few AI enemies and was winning so I decided to have some fun and use an infested terran. Along the way I used my queens to annoy enemies spawning broodlings and running away, but when dragoons caught my path, I immediately excreted them with ensnare and the day was save thanks to their sluggish legs, its gonna take one whole day to clean that mess up lol.

Anyways, the point there is ensnare has been one of the better complimentary skills for the zerg helping them even more in chasing and harassing running enemies, the same effect can be said on the devourers corrosive acid, which also slows down enemies in terms of attack rate + giving a damage bonus that really compliments mutalisks well. These two effects are really dangerous if used well and if given the chance for these de-buffing factors to take effect in SC2, I think they might find some answers their looking for.

If SC2s motive is to bring out a set an all new zerg theme park then I might have to say that I wasn't impressed much of the results besides the queen and a semi-stable roach who can't even decide his own significance. Infestors aren't quite that much intimidating as the defilers successor being unable to change the tide of battle (so far).

Some things will change definitely and one thing we've heard of is roaches will possibly be modified to be able to move underground. That could be a good solution but I hope that they could also look things out for the infestor and mutalisk.

11. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I personaly loved the idea of the roach when i first heard about it. but when i saw it in game play it looks stupid.

the ideas great but in my opinion overall with the Zerg I like the old units best I do like the baneling but its going to be a use them in a strat or not at all.

over all I like the Zerg except the Roach, maybe infester but I like the idea around it. I do like the new look for it thought. and I guess that thats it that I don;t like.

what do you think will happen if the roach gets burrow (whitch i think it has) as well as only healing under ground?

I think it will make them a you have to micro them inorder for them to be any good, but I could see them being very good droping units also. bring in a few roachs away from the others and burrow them in there workers and then when everythings been killed of you'res you att from the front and then bring out you're roachs while there distracted.

12. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Defilers > Infestors (Infestors suck **** compared to Defilers, there's no argument whatsoever.)

Hydralisk and Corrupter overlap roles, since they made the Hydralisk an anti-air unit.. for some reasons. (Shooting needles at a Battlecruiser... Oh, ok. Seems like a fantastic way to combat air.)

Moving defensive structure = Gimmicky. (What are Zerg; Night Elves now? If you build your **** in the right place, who the hell needs to move them? And having Overlords produce creep doesn't justice this whatsoever; that's going to be the most gimp *** strategy ever. Yeah, treeing people almost worked 0% of the time.)

Queen Ichor to increase larva = stupid. (Terran seem faster than Zerg are now; Lets see, an ability you constantly need to use to produce more quickly a few mediocre Zerg units meant to 'zerg' the supposedly slower races, or a structure that produces double the amount of strong Terran units.. hrm.)

13. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    didn't you read any of the TL playing Zerg thread?

-Zerg are the Ultimate death machine in begining game just like SC1
    -Terran are still the strongest in mid game just like SC1 (and thats what we have been seeing in the BR's)
    -And toss are probly the strongest during late game whitch we haven't seen at all.

Thats how its always been and thats how its ganna be in SC with abilitys or without.
    (yes other units suk compared to the original when you compare them without playing the game)

14. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    All those 3 factors you just mentioned depends on builds/map/game-situation and etc. and are quite over.generelizing, but that doesnt so surprising when its from TL

15. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

How many new units and concept does terran and protoss have more against zerg? A lot. Which really seems unfair in terms of coolness. Maybe that's one thing their gonna do during these long months of modifications. lol

16. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Do what? Add 2mil artwork and concepts in the next few months? (would be freaking awesome though)

And yes they vary from map/build etc, but over all
    Z= begining game power
    T= mid game power
    P= late game power

That's how it was in SC1 and I'm pretty sure there trying to keep it that way but make everything way more cool.

17. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

I still don't agree with that. Zerg really don't have that strong of an early game; Nearly all Zerg strat involves teching as fast as possible, because the early game units of any other race are far superior to what you have available as Zerg. Atleast this was true in the original.

18. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    well if you choose to mass those early game units or do what the pros do
    lurker ling mix with defilers and ultras it still makes a great late game as long as they can for the most part hold off the enemy. also most of the pro strats was make just enough lings and sunkens and race to mutas and then either harassment fails or not and you either mass mutas if it goes well in the air or slowly go ling lurker defilers and a few ultras.

SC2 is probly ganna be making a couple basses doing the queen thing ( maybe they could make it a bit more macro ish by making it if you have a queen triggered and press the lavae spawn then the trigger with hatch/lair/hive on it the queen would walk over to it and spawn the lavae allowing you to not have to go back to base over an over.

maybe even make it so that it injects the larvae in the hatchery when it can making it as simple as a comand.
    and then choose units to mass after firguring it out within a couple months of it being out.

blizz could do that.
    just think what they can do with the editer and you think they can do anything!

19. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Hey! how about this...

*Ultralisk goes down to tier 2/2.5!!! with hp and armor upgrade for tier 3
    *Roach goes even further upto tier 3 in exchange but with even more hp to compensate (150?)

Pros
    *Early meatshield
    *Spash
    *Intimidating
    *Evens the odds for zerg in terms of getting the big guy early (T-thor P-colossus)

Cons
    *Pricey for a midtier unit (which is good lol)
    *Attacks GtG only
    *Standard armor (still respectable)
    *Regular hp (same)

-- maybe this can be the answer for zerg tier 2? or not? what say you?

20. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Idk what would be a upgrades in teir 3 be, other the that I think I would be fine with it.