1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg seem worse in SC2.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Redlazer, Jul 10, 2009.

Zerg seem worse in SC2.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Redlazer, Jul 10, 2009.

1. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    But then let me understand. Why is your MC idea better than the one we have now? And just scrapping the infested marine abillity would also make a slot free lol.

2. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

It would give a better feel for the infestor, and it would live up more to its name sake. It is merely eye candy over what is already in place to make it look like it is infesting units.

3. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    That was not what you suggested only. You wanted to change hte abillity, so it costed more energy, would infest them for all-time (or they would die afterwards), and it shouldnt be able to effect massive units. Why did you want to change this? To give it a better feel? lol rofl.
    perhaps I should just give up this discussen. Seems like you only want (or are unable to) to discuss "feelings", and not gameplay and logic + balance.

4. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

That's the prime focus. It's a good way to introduce infesting into competitive gameplay without flawed abilities like spawning infested marines or infesting terran buildings to produce infested marines. It is logical in that sense. I would rather take visual changes over no visual changes any day. Any other changes to it were just being thrown around. However, I would perfer it being a permanent effect or destruction of the target after the effect duration then giving the control back to the previous owner.

5. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    "However, I would perfer it being a permanent effect or destruction of the target after the effect duration then giving the control back to the previous owner."
    Why?
    But I think I know why. You prefer lore over gameplay... Whats gameplay wise flawed about the infested marines? Lore is not key in a good game, read a novel instead. I dont think we have more to discuss.

6. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Why? So you telling me you would perfer no visual que for mind control over an infested visual change? Are you kidding me? And actually you don't know. I perfer gameplay when it comes to multiplayer but COME ON BLIZZARD, is this the best they can come up with? Its a bad joke to me.

7. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

actually, infested marines is flawed both lore and gameplay wise as i already posted in the infestor inspector thread. and about the neural parasite, well i think the target controlled should be perma. i dont see how it will hurt gameplay if the target was controlled permanently. after all, MC in sc1 didnt hurt gameplay at all, and neural parasite is the exact same thing only with a 10 sec duration.

but i guess it doesnt matter, rather its 10 sec or perma it wont rlly change much it seems. 10 seconds still turns the tide around. (or it might not). just have to see how its used in beta.

8. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Ok me just jumping into this I will give my 2 cents

The zerg are not worse in-fact their alot better then they where just not as up to par as the others.

examples

defenses do not grow from colonies anymore and can get up and move

zerg are alot faster and even faster on creep

creep is easier to spread everywhere

pathing guys which is a huge factor and a upgrade in itself for the zerg

ultras are a ton better and can walk over units (pathing plus right there)
    pathing
    nydus canals have been made alot better

the zerg just look alot cooler

queens are a big improvement its just its ability to add eggs seems be a bigger micro addition and i don"t know why blizzard puts it in the mineral department.

so stop complaining and wate for the beta its been a while and alot has acutely changed that we have not seen

oh and im sure the infestor's mind control has a visual cue it was in the battle report 3 for the colossus/stalkers/immortal and also i agree about the infested but remember it is a game

9. FFenix

FFenix New Member

I just hoped the queen had more life, since it can get popped so easily. If it does early game, it his the economy hard. I hope the 150 hp ish it has now is "enough"

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @ Ballistixz. I've already discussed this with you, but there's a big difference between something being imbalanced and something being a flawed gameplay mechanic. Spawning Infested Marines isn't a flawed gameplay mechanic, despite potentially being imbalanced in regards to stats.

@ Shogun. There is a visual cue for Neural Parasite. At the moment, it's a burning orange orb-like graphic displayed above the affected unit. While that is all that's really needed at the moment, chances are it will be changed, though there are several similar abilities which could potentially hinder that change. Firstly, Infested Marines. While people are extremely unlikely to be Neural Parasiting Marines, if you want the full Infestation graphic, then it would definitely overlap. Secondly, there's the Corrupter's corruptions, which, however, did appear to simply live on as a surviving organism last time we saw, though there was definitely a stage where it, too, had the full Infested graphic for corrupted targets as well.

While you may think that Neural Parasite overlapping at least Infested Marines would be a good thing and an additional reason for it to be replaced, Blizzard are unlikely to get themselves into that situation in the first place. It's just a backward progress.

@ FFenix. I think the Queen has a hundred and seventy five health at the moment, though, because it's an Armoured target, it is quite vulnerable to things like Banshees and Siege Tanks. Zerg do, however, have access to Transfusion, which the Queens themselves now currently hold, which can instantly regenerate two hundred health.

11. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    1) i thought the overseer got that back because it was traded off between the queen and overseer a few times and it was left off on the overseer. maybe may data is outdated (like pretty much everything we have is probly outdated) or they're swiching them again.

2)they could also make an upgrade that gives the queen an aditional 50HP or something for late game. so she wouldnt be completly destroyed by even small raids.

12. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

If you ask me, they should give the Infestor a more streamlined body shape, give it some kind of cloud ability that gives units underneath it a form of protection from ranged, an ability where other Zerg units can be destroyed for energy, and an AoE ability that slowly melts away at effected units' life. Since it has control of plagues and swarms, it could involve the word 'defile' in it's name. Defilisk? Defiling? I don't know, somthing like that. Sounds like a great unit if you ask me.

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Or, you could keep playing StarCraft1 and never move onto anything else.

Just putting it out there.

14. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

or think of it like pokemon. the defilers evolved into infestors =p

15. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

[eq]
    [/eq]

Assuming that the spawn terran marine ability is removed, it wouldn't overlap.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
  16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Exactly. They're not going to make a visual change to one ability that forces them to remove another. They'd be stepping on their own toes.

17. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

What kind of sh*tty pokemon gets worse when it evolves.

If Blizzard decides that the Infestor is staying in it's current form or something similar, perhaps I should just play Starcraft I. The only thing positive I find about this unit is being able to move while burrowed; there's an idea that:
    1) Makes sense; Perhaps not for this heaping pile of dog sh*t, but for the Zerg race in general.
    2) Is simple, yet useful. There's probably not a Zerg player out there who didn't think it would be bad ass in Starcraft I.
    3) Is unique. Terran blow sh*t up. Protoss can teleport and sh*t. Zerg can squirm around underground. Everyone's happy.
    4) Gives new light to an previously under-used racial attribute. "Oh sick, we're underground; Now what?"

Comparison:
    - Defiler's plague is more baller than that athlete's foot fungus sh*t the Infestor gets.
    - Defiler's dark swarm is more baller than warcraftish sh*t out marine spell the Infestor gets.
    - Defiler's can eat your own mans; Infestor can suck it.
    - Defiler is a streamlined stud of a Zerg unit; Infestor is a fat piece of sh*t.
    - The Defiler Mound looks baller; The Infestation Pit looks like the anus of the Zerg hive cluster.

18. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    Defiler looks much better then "infestor"

And how can infestor shoot infested terran marines from its back? that is just stupid. Does it like have sack full of terrans and their riffles pumped in it when it is born?

Also defiler had much better name and actually looks like parasitic unit wille infestor is giant sack of lard.

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I honestly fail to see the logic behind some of the arguments here. Just because something was in StarCraft1, such as a unit or ability, it doesn't mean that it should be in StarCraft2, nor does it mean that whatever's replacing it is worse.

Both Dark Swarm and Consume are fundamentally flawed for StarCraft2. Not only does Dark Swarm not work in conjunction with Banelings and the new Ultralisks, but Zerg as a whole simply does not need it. People are saying it's a Zerg necessity, that Zerg need it to prevent their weaker units from dying, etc, but it's simply not. In StarCraft1, it might have been considered as a necessity, but that would solely be to do with the fact that units were comparatively weaker and harder to mass, and because the pathing caused them to march in single file. That is no longer the case. And on top of the mechanics not working with current Zerg units, they currently do have an ability similar to Dark Swarm on the Overseer.

As for Consume, it mainly worked due to the fact that the Defiler's abilities did not stack. With Disease or Dark Swarm, due to their relatively large area of effect, duration time and being unstackable, there's only really so much you could do. Compare that to, say, Lockdown, Psionic Storm, Mind Control or Irradiate, and it's understandable why the Defiler was the one that ended up with Consume.

For those who aren't aware, not only does the Infestor have Plague, but its model has changed as well. Plague deals less damage now, but that doesn't make it bad, that just makes it balanced.

As for the lore of spawning Infested Marines, that's already been explained, just as the model ha d already been redone, and the Plague ability had already been reimplemented. Seriously guys, if you're going to say something needs fixing, make sure it's still broken. And as for the name, if you're getting that petty then you're just looking for stuff to complain about. Though I guess that was apparent enough when your argument almost exclusively revolves around "The Infestor looks like ****".

20. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    Please forgive me for but I still think that spawning marines from nothing and still being armed is little strange. Why are we not allowed to have our opinions even if they are wrong? I thought this the age of free will and freedom of speech?

Also I didn't say they should replace all starcraft 2 units with old versions. One unit doesn't mean I want to change all. If they put in Editor old units and keep these units in multi player then it is ok with me. It is very important for model how it looks and operates since we are going to see it.

But now I don't know why I wrote that "name" was better.