1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg seem worse in SC2.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Redlazer, Jul 10, 2009.

Zerg seem worse in SC2.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Redlazer, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @ AcidFiend. Seems you've got a pretty subjective opinion there. What parts of style and design are lacking exactly?

@ Matt. From what I've heard, StarCraft fans are pretty uniform in the opinion that there should only be three races. It keeps things unique and independant, with as little overlap as possible. On top of that, there's very little lore for a fourth race to be added.

Also, your opinion is all over the place. Firstly, you want the Zerg Air force to be the same as it was in StarCraft1, but then you're complaining that they haven't been changed enough. Have you actually played as the Zerg yet? Or are you simply choosing to think they're sub-par? Lastly, again, you're complaining that one of the three core races isn't up to scratch, but you want there to be some fourth team that's as good as all the others. Where's this team going to come from? How's it going to be different? How's it going to add any more to the game if you're already of the opinion that Zerg isn't adding enough as is?

2. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

Well a fourth race would add variety. After a decade of waiting, I was hoping the team could come up with either a decent group of new units for the Zerg or a fourth race, but got neither. I don't want the air force to be the same, I just don't want it to be weaker than the air force in the original game. I don't care if the Zerg air units are called vacuum cleaners, as long as they're useful. As far as the lore goes, the lore is totally made up and they can take it anywhere they want it to go. They could introduce a wormhole that brings 5 new races into the game if they feel like it.

3. FFenix

FFenix New Member

Corrupters no longer corrupt other units.. funny eh?

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    A fourth race would severely limit variety. Think of the contrast between the races in WarCraft III, then think of the contrast between the races in StarCraft. The races in StarCraft are a lot more dissimilar, because the total amount of ideas and mechanics are spread over a smaller number of races. Basically, if there were more races there would be more overlap, when StarCraft prides itself on such unique races. Adding races purely for the sake of adding races is generally a very bad idea. Especially in StarCraft's case.

As for the Air force, again, have you played the game or have you decided it's weak?

And I still fail to see how Banelings, Roaches, Infestors, Queens, Overseers, Brood Lords and Corruptors are any less decent than Reapers, Marauders, Hellions, Vikings, Thors, Banshees and Ravens or Stalkers, Immortals, Sentries, Colossi, Phoenix, Void Rays and Motherships.

5. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Matt, shut up and go play Starcraft 1. Seriously, if you don't like what blizz is doing with Starcraft 2 then go play Starcraft 1!

Btw: Starcraft 2 isn't about giant air armys, it's a little more about ground armys. Just ask some people that have played the beta and they will say "it seems that air is harder to get to" and most of the matches I c on YouTube go to about maybe mid game, cuz I think they sumhow made it so each teir takes forever to reach or no one seems to get for a turtle to high mech stuff.

6. AngelLestat

AngelLestat New Member

With all these changes and go back to old ideas..
    This is almost SC1.

The first concept units from the zerg was great. They have some problems, but no one who can not be fix it.

I dont like almost all the last changes to the zergs:

Queen: now is a weak unit that remains in base, it has no construction limit, so queen name and rol destroit.

Roach: at begining is a unit who only has good HP and Damage, so is not so fun, it can burrow when he is under firing and that is not real and is annoying to the enemy.

Infestor: It doesn't have 1 ability that I like.

Corruptor: The previus version was a bit fun but unbalanced, now is just a normal air - air unit who fires normal damage.

Lurker - Hydra: ------

Overlord - Nydus: I am not happy with the actual transport mechanic.

7. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

lol God forbid anyone have a different opinion around here eh. Well the Zerg aren't much different than the original even though they are "evolving". I'm only saying I was expecting more for a sequel that's been in the works for over a decade. Why do they need to nerf the sunkens into spine crawlers and remove the lurkers? And I disagree that a fourth race would limit variety. I believe a fourth race would increase variety. This is a science fiction game and anything is possible. What about surface to surface missiles, ground troops with lasers, infested tanks, etc, etc. I always hoped they would upgrade the zerg towers since they can only target either ground or air. I wouldn't mind seeing a spore colony that can target two ships at once, or a sunken that can be upgraded for more damage or more armour.