1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg Review

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by FFenix, Feb 23, 2010.

Zerg Review

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by FFenix, Feb 23, 2010.

1. AngelLestat

AngelLestat New Member

With lurkers..

Oh i forgot! there are not in game any more XD

and ultralisk? :)

2. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    A diverse force of units, like lings roaches banes and hydras, (somewhat low teir units just a high diversity)

that's what it seems like is happening in sc2 beta, there's such "strong counters" that you have to have diversity other wise you're screwed.

3. FFenix

FFenix New Member

Moving questions to my blog, so i'm gonna answer them there XD

4. Ballistixz

Ballistixz New Member

i have to agree on everything especially the part about overlords and infetors. over lords are just useless floating supply. i think thats what blizz always intended them to be and i have no problem with it to be honest. the only problem i have is the price to morph into overseers. i absolutly have no problem at all with that as long as the price is reasonable... gas is very very precious in sc2 even more so then sc1. and zerg is still a gass heavy race so we can hardly waste it into morphing over seers into a detector that will probaly die on the front lines. so im thinking lowering the price to 50 minerals 25 gas to morph to a overseer. or 50 minerals 50 gas.

infestor is useless like u said. its a joke unit compared to its defilier counterpart and a dark archon wannabe with its less then half assed mind controll. fungal growth is a even bigger joke... its doesnt even do enought dmg to kill proves/scvs and its area of effect is ****. its suppose to supremer nerfed version of plauge i guess -_-. increase the dmg fungal groth does to like 100 dmg in 10 seconds or 150 dmg in 10 seconds and increase its area of effect. then we might actually have some use for it... the mind control thing is again useless and like u said only good for controlling a high templar and storming a army. so i can kinda see some uses in zvp but it still will be very limited.

the only thing i have to mention tho is the muta stacking. it can be done. its harder then it was in sc1 but thats to be expected since u can control a hell load of mutas in 1 grouping. so stacking would be OP if it worked the same way it did in bw. but anyway all u have to do is keep on clicking right BELOW ur muta grouping. once u do that they will stack and all u do is the normal muta micro from sc1 and they will auto stack when u atk. click below them as ur microing away to keep them stacked and then atk again for auto stack. rinse and repeat. it is very effective trust me. harder to do and takes alot more effort then in sc1 yes but it can be done and its very potent when u can stack like 24+ mutas in 1 group.

5. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    ^ I mostly agree but I thought one of the designers had said that the infester was suppost to be a unit that gave the army little support and more or less weaken the enemys army for the attack.

So if you cast the mind contro. On some high teir units then it's going to weaken the enemys army. And even if the mother ship only is mindcontroled for 10 seconds (or other units) you can move it to you and you can focus fire it down so that it's nolonger useful to the toss.

And marines are I think suppost to be a harrasing spell, like sneak an infester into their base and everyonce in a while spawn some marines or use something else on their units then you could harras or just get free scouting info.

6. marcusrodrigues

marcusrodrigues New Member

Brazil
    Sooo, the Infestor's Neural Parasite is now CHANNELED, which means the mind control is over when the Infestor dies, which is pretty fast, considering the spell has such a short range that that Infestor must be in the middle of the Battle.

I continue to find the Spawn Infested Terran RIDICULOUS, even if it was any useful, which it isn't. Blizzard, PLEASE, remove this stupid ability. Add something useful, and that makes any more sense than spiting armored deformed soldiers.

7. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    what kind of ability would you suggest?

The infested marine ability looks pretty useful to me. like tunneling into the enemy base and spawning them all over the workers or doing it in the middle of an attack so they have to pull their forces back to counter the marines. you don't just make them in the middle of battles you go where there isn't much to defend and attack there.

8. FFenix

FFenix New Member

Blog Updated on Zerg strats!

9. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Could you throw up ur blog link?

10. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I have to disagree with the OP's topic about the infestor.

I've seen zerg players destroy an entire marine/marauder army in seconds using fungal growth since it takes away HP, stuns them so they cant attack or run away, and has a AoE just slightly smaller than sc1's plague.

11. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Fungal Growth does not stun. Range units can still attack while under the effects of Fungal Growth.

I think Fungal Growth is fine, but I am more worried on how often the other two spells will be used.

12. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    you sure?

The opponent must've micro'd weird then since he moved the units that weren't affected, but the ones that where dint leave battle and proceeded to die within a few seconds.

13. marcusrodrigues

Brazil
    Almost precise, fungal growth is excelent, but ranged units can fight back, they just can't move. Marines and Marauders will fire while under the effects of fungal growth, and Medivacs will heal.

14. marcusrodrigues

Brazil
    Neural Parasite is gold, but mostly against Protoss. Controlling Colossi and Immortals really turns the tide of a battle. Against Terrans, only useful on Thors and Siege Tanks, if you can sneak to catch one.

15. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    The problem is that it has to be unborrow to cast it, and it only has a range of seven. With its fat size being an eye sore, and its reduction in health makes it easily taken down, plus the fact that you can't make it move otherwise the NPed unit will no longer be yours to control..

16. Kayhoff

Kayhoff New Member

What upgrades are available for the lings? Please tell me that attack speed upgrade is still there?

17. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Yes, they still have their attack speed upgrade, as well as their speed upgrade. They have no other abilities other than to mutate into Banelings when the Baneling Nest has been built.. Also, sadly, their overall attack speed is slower compared to their Starcraft 1 version.

18. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    ^ but the pathing is 10x what it used to be so you can have everything attack and surround at once instead of one at a time, which the more attack speed would help counter that.