1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg missing an Air Caster?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Triceron, Oct 9, 2008.

Zerg missing an Air Caster?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Triceron, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

Ya, the spells are pretty weak. Spawn broodling, dark swarm and ensanre are essential to starcraft. I really hope they do a big overhaul on the Zerg.

2. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Not to mention that the current infested marine mechanic makes absolutely no sense lore-wise. I demand to see terran/zerg hybrids as a regular unit grown from larva.

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    You can demand all you want, but I highly doubt that such a thing would ever appear in the game.

Why? Because infested Terrans aren't really a part of the Swarm. Chances are pretty slim that you will ever see them grow from Larvea. That can only be done when they throw the Terran DNA into the gene pool. And since Kerrigan now sort of hates Terrans, why would she want them in her precious collective?

4. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    True I didn't thnk about that.

And yes I wish the Zerg were alittle more like they were In SC1.
    They were my fav. But now I'm not sure who's my fav race anymore in SC2.

If they choose to do a rehaul on any of the races it should be the Zerg.

5. ekulio

ekulio New Member

because she still loves herself and she's a part of the collective. She only hates weak non-zergified terran.
    As it is the terran already are part of her collective, in an even less evolved form than they were originally (the infested terran). Where's the logic in that?

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  6. AlphaCentarui1

AlphaCentarui1 New Member

How about this:
    you research the ability to have your infestor's infested be able to attack? it could probably be expensive or something

Plus, there could be a ground corruptor for making inf terrans?

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Are you talking about the Infestor, the ground unit? It sounds like you might be talking about the Corruptor, because the Infestor doesn't really Infest anymore, while the Corruptor still corrupts.

Anyways, if it's the Corruptor you mean, then that's actually already in the game. Corrupted units become like turrets.

If you mean the Infestor, elaborate your idea.

8. AlphaCentarui1

AlphaCentarui1 New Member

For the research I meant the Corruptor, I read above that it was recently taken out of the game

For ground I meant the Infestor

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  9. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

The zerg have even more casters then befor though and one of them happens to be a caster.

there is the overseerer with his ability to heal, the infestor being able to cast while being hidden, and the queen which serves a much better role then in the first one so i would have to say the zerg are pretty good on their casters.

10. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Hmmm, another thread about why doesn't this race have a unit like another race does etc. Simply put and it has been stated several times the races are not meant to be complete mirrors of themselves with all the same type of units. Blizzard said they want to make each race unique and have their own strengths and weakness and just because a race doesn't have a unit like another doesn't make it unfair, imbalanced, etc.

When the mothership first came out it was why doesn't the other races have a super unit. Then at one point it was why don't the Terran have something specifically for anti air like the others. Where is the zerg counterpart to the Reaper and Colossus unit, etc.

I just don't understand why so many people don't get that the races are suppose to have differences and those differences don't necessarily make them weaker or stronger than another, even when Blizzard stated this at one point.

Now I fear that the three races will all have very similar units and it will take away the unique aspects of them just because of all the people complaining about it.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  11. ekulio

ekulio New Member

This thread is not "why doesn't this race have such-and-such unit," it's "why do the zerg casters suck so much?"

12. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    The Zerg casters in the first Starcraft didn't suck at all in my opinion. Actually they might have had the more powerful casters, I know dark swarm, ensnare, broodling was quite useful and a pain to go up against.

No where in the footage of Starcraft 2 or otherwise have I seen or read that the casters the Zerg have are underpowered in the game.