Zerg in concept stage? Not true according to Rob Pardo.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Jul 22, 2007.

Zerg in concept stage? Not true according to Rob Pardo.

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Ych, Jul 22, 2007.

1. PhantomFF

PhantomFF New Member

MD
    I'm pretty sure the Zerg are more complete then we think atm...

Blizzard actually isn't bad at keeping a few neat suprises for us :p

I dont think the Zerg are actually close to done of course, but I do beleive that they have a decent number of units/buildings figured out at this point.

2. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I'm definitely with Ych9 on this one. There ain't no way in hell that all they've got is ling, muta, bling, and nydus.

Screw the German magazine.

3. slugonice

slugonice New Member

They're just polishing that's all

4. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    agreed with Remi and ych9. After how many alleged years they've been working on this, theres no way in hell Zerg could still be in the development cycle. Thats just. Not human.

5. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

They wouldn't risk themselves to have a deadline without having a certainty that all the 3 races had enough to be played with. Like it or not, now that they are revealing units, structures and mechanics one by one, they cannot delay too much the release of the game. If it doesn't get released in 2008, it would make Blizzard look bad, like they say too much and do too little, specially after 'Starcraft: Ghost' was so much talked about and never got to the stores. They're in no position to announce another game and don't release it.

Here's what I think is going on: if they wait till 3 months before the game goes to the stores, they will have to waste tons of money into advertising, and letting the world know that Starcraft 2 was finally coming! Some people would still rush to the markets, but many would still have to wait for it's price to lower so they can buy it, as they wouldn't be expecting it.

However, by slowly revealing aspects of the game in events, they let the mouth-to-mouth do most of their work, and let the fans do the propaganda. Slowly ppl will end up hearing about the game, and by the time they release it, it will be enoughly famous to hit the jackpot 10x more then if they were to announce it right on time. Plus, fans that were expecting it, would have saved money in advance (as I am) so they can buy it as soon as it's released, increasing even further the sales.

Also, what we do here, about discussing the game and it's changes, it's also very good for them. They don't have to over-explain why they did these and those changes, and have to deal with many unsatisfied costumers to sell their product. Presenting it's product real soon, they can allow people to get used to the changes made, and give the game credit sooner.

"But why would they want an enormous first week/month sales?", because it would increase greatly Blizzard's reputation, and that would be great for the company.

6. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

hydras and ovies must have been done

7. slugonice

slugonice New Member

I agree with Eye Carumba. It's a marketing strategy that saves HELL a lotta money.
    That money goes to MAKING SC2 better rather than procrastinated advertising

8. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Blizzard doesn't need money when there's millions of people giving up $15 a month.

9. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Ain't it like 9 million mindless zombies? My wife is one of 'em.