1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg Hydralisk stab or spit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Code X Red, Jun 19, 2007.

?

Should the hydralisk get a melee animation

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Zerg Hydralisk stab or spit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Code X Red, Jun 19, 2007.

1. gr3ykn1ght

gr3ykn1ght New Member

yeah, they spray spines out in a propel like way, the acid's used to propel the spikes. anywway, i think hydralisks should have moth melee and ranged skills, it just looks cool.

2. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I think it should be both because like they said what's the point of having claws if you don't use them?

3. paragon

paragon Guest

so they can balance themselves?
    or to help walk?

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

so how do they fight? like theres a command button for switching attack, spit or claws? and what would be the damage output by both? if you are facing marrines i dont think hydra should go melee, whats the use they are also range in the first place. so why need to use claws? for melee opponents like zealots?

@paragon, yes in the movies they use their claws to help them move or sprint. or they don't? anyway. but in the in game mode, they move without using them, they just sprint like nagas. maybe they could change it in starcraft 2. maybe we can see them sprint with the help of their claws.

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

If it can be lag free, make them have two attacks, exact same thing, diferent animation, also, i would not be surprised if they gave the hydras a DoT passive attack.

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nice sig. there are many nice cool sigs on this forum.i think this forum needs a sig contest. wow we have the same avatar but mine with the glowing eyes.

7. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i don't think the stab idea is very good. how will it switch between stabbing and spitting? what if you want to spit some marines but u accidentally stab em? it just is pretty dumb imo. Leave it the way it is, no need to add in any special things.

8. paragon

paragon Guest

Oh I know, they use them to dig those holes they burrow into.

9. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Or if an enemy unit is right next to them they don't shoot the spines but slash instead for the same amount of damage. Same attack cooldown too. Only shoot the spines when the target is at a distance or an air unit.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

This would be cool and not change the function of the unit at all.

11. L0ck and L04d

L0ck and L04d New Member

Of course it would be grity ever since I got starcraft 6 years ago ( yes I know its kinda late but it took starcraft2 10 years to be anounced so i woulding be saying anything) Ive been wondering: WHAT THE HELL IS A THING LIKE THAT DOING WITH CLAWS LIKE THAT IF IT JUST OPENS ITS CHEST CAVITY AND HYDROLICLIY PROPELES SPINES THAT IT MAGICALY GENERATES!?!?! I'd bet it was just to look cool but hey i'm all ears towards mele when they get to close, that would be AWSOME! :good:

12. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

The image of the Hydralisk is supposed to be menacing. I would not want to be fighting that mother, however in the StarCraft Game World, having a long-range unit function as a short-range (melee) unit kind of defeats the purpose. That is why you must accompany your Hydralisks with Zerglings and the like. But if were made that way, shouldn't Marines gain the ability to bash with their rifles? Ghosts too?

I think that the slashing and bashing is best left in the books. 8)

13. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Hell, why not?

14. paragon

paragon Guest

Actually, why would something (such as the hydralisk) use it's claws if it has acid spines that it shoots?
    Anyways, claws are for burrowing.

15. burkid

burkid New Member

claws for burrowing, yes. the hydra has sort of scythes that really could only be designed for combat.

16. Ghost

Ghost New Member

god, it would take a creature of that size ages to burrow with scythes, unless it burrows like dragons. (look it up)

17. paragon

paragon Guest

Actually snakes will burrow with their tail/body so I guess the hydra could do this. But claws would still be faster.

18. burkid

burkid New Member

its probably the body thing with the hydra because the scythes would just poke holes in the ground.

19. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Probably a combination of both, scythes soften the soil to make it easier for the snake/dragon-like burrow.

20. burkid

burkid New Member

i could agree with that.