1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg Hydralisk stab or spit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Code X Red, Jun 19, 2007.

?

Should the hydralisk get a melee animation

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Zerg Hydralisk stab or spit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Code X Red, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    A hydra also killed Fenix, also probably with melee, as they were so close together.

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Never know. That scene seemed the dumbest of them all anyway, how can the Psi Blade die as if it were run by batteries. Its controled by the individual and wasn't Fenix suposed to be some kinda high ranking Zealot, or was he just lucky.

But I know I wouldn't want to fight a Hydralisk either way so...

3. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I think it was a Hunter Killer, still Fenix still should of been able to handle it. Anyways, back on topic.
    If anything, if hydras do get a stab animation, it should stay the say damage as the spit. Or, you could have an automatic skill with a bit more damage where it stabs a close by unit once every 3 seconds or something. IMO

4. nEveR_LifT

nEveR_LifT New Member

I think that it should be an upgrade that the hydralisk recieves. It would still spit but once an enemy unit got close enough, the hydralisk would start stabbing with like a 2 dammage increase. i dk i think it would be cool.

5. Laz

Laz New Member

At first i thought that idea did nothing but take us back to step one of this topic but now that i think about it, an upgradable melee damage increase could make The hydra more effective against things like zeals. But it could also make it unfair. What do you guys think?

6. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    The hydralisk was good against zealots because it could be danced...

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I hope it can still effectivly dance. I wonder if it will be a slighter delay with the 3D and stuff.

8. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Yeah, that cinema was totally bogus. Fenix's death would have been more pleasing if it ended with a heroic battle. Fenix, among other loyal protoss warriors making their last stand in and outside the temple where Fenix died. Fenix skillfully cuts through dozens of zerglings one by one and makes a swift leap into the air and lands his blades into a hydralisk, cutting it in half. In the heat of melee combat, Fenix nearly loses his life to a surprise attack from a hydra, but luckily a loyal comrade manages to kill the hydra and save his life. One by one, protoss warriors begin dying to overwhelming zerg forces, and Fenix and the last of his soldiers fall back into the temple. Eventually Fenix is the last protoss standing and shows no sign of fatigue in the face of hundreds of approaching zerg broods. Fenix goes mad with berserk, tearing through waves of zerg despite mortal injuries. The camera zooms outside of the temple and thousands of zerg begin approaching it. Fenix's battle cry muffels the sound of legions of screaming and hissing zergs.

~~~End of transmission~~~

Honestly though, I want to see the hydralisk replaced by another multi-purpose ranged ground unit. I always thought it was odd that the hydralisk even had claws when its spine projectiles were so much more effective. Realistically, smaller enemies could get in melee range with the hydra and it would be difficult for the spines to make a hit, and thats where the claws would come in, at least it's how I imagine it.

9. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Nice little story there, it seemed like it was Blizzard wrote for a second :D

Notice that the Zerg are fighting Zealots which are its main melee threat now so I don't really see a scenario where a Hydralisk fights a small melee fighter, until the Zerg fight each other which would be rare.

10. Laz

Laz New Member

If you guys remember, when fenix died it was the end of a massive battle against the zerg. By the time it was over fenix was probably completely worn out and his psi blade probably went out because his mind was to tired to create it. You got to remember that zealots make the blade with there mind and if he went through a big enough battle and fought very hard then it would wear him out.

11. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Also remeber that those cinematics were made over 10 years ago, I would say given the technology available they were decent, even if Fenix's death wasn't that well explained.

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Lol.. That story was always what I looked forward to in one of those cutscene stuff. But instead, they decided to hit a zerling with a jeep. They should all be like Fenix killing stuff before dying, and by the way Fenix can't scream if he doesn't have a mouth ;), he speaks telepathically remember? But that would be prety bad ass for the camera to zoom out in the whole temeple before you hear Fenix die and see a blue light shoot into the sky.. Nice idea, I was like alright! A one on one cut scene where Fenix fights a hydralisk! And then... WHAT THE HELL!!!