1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg Hydralisk stab or spit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Code X Red, Jun 19, 2007.

?

Should the hydralisk get a melee animation

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Zerg Hydralisk stab or spit?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Code X Red, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    It will be, just look at your avi, it has a Zergling mouth and Zergling claws on its back and jaw, so thats probably a new Hydralisk or another type.

2. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I think the hydralisk should get the ability to have the cobra function, only except run towards the enemy while shooting, and when gets close enough will pounce or something. That would be neat. Only except, it wouldn't work for air units.

3. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    LOL WTF? :D You point out how it has two Zergling attributes, and therefore is a Hydralisk? :p
    I am quite sure that it's just a Zergling. The reason why that icon on the official site isn't a Hydralisk (which in my and many others opinions represent the Zerg) is because they want to keep em secret. The Hydralisk might have gotten a few design changes that will be shown later.

4. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I read someone earlyer posting that the Hydra should have a stab because it would be more effective up close. Not really.

According to the lore, the Hydra's spit can puncture 2cm Neo-Steel. Now, if this Neo-Steel is anything like regular steel, that's one hell of a pop. Look that the Hydras arms. Kinda frail, and skinny. Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wanna be on the recieving end of those things, but I highly doubt that they can go through 2cm of Neo-Steel.

Food for thought, at least.

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Atleast give it a new mechanic that lets the hydralisk do something with it's arms. Like knock its enemies back or down when they try to melee the hydralisk. It could have a cool time, so it will not be invulnerable to melee.

6. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Yes, or give it a secondary meelee attack which is much weaker (does a damage of 4-5) than the range attack, and only activates when a meelee unit roams the muta. So it wouldn't force meelee fighting

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    No melee is stupid for HYDRALISKS, they spit not fight, also if a Zealot was in my face I wouldn't stab it I'd rather burn his ass with acid. Plus don't mention that the Zealot gets a charge cuz if every unit had an alternative the game would be boring with no uniqueness.
    GMG- My bad, on second look it probably is a Zergling... Although it seems to be standing up right like a Hydralisk.

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Yeah, no stabbing. It will only confuse if it's only an animation, and be unbalanced if it makes the Hydra better or worse in "melee" combat.

9. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Whats the point of making it weaker cuz its close quaters, acid spikes burn and rip you.
    Also I doubt Zerg will get a melee attackers similar to the Hydralisk cuz then it'd be a Zealot.

10. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Wow, the results are tied. I already voted, but that was a loong time ago. But I liked the idea someone brought up a while ago. Basically, when a unit gets up close to the hydralisk, the only thing that changes is the animation. NO damage increase nor decrease. The animation just changes.

11. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    And what happens if the player chooses to run away, the animation suddenly cuts out half way and the unit starts to run away. Too me that wouldn't look good.

12. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The animation should just be an animation. It wouldn't be good to give it different attacks for melee and range. It could ruin the strategic portion of the game. If you have to move your unit everytime another unit gets close that would just be dumb. Same damage, just different animations.

13. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Thing is though, from a lore perspective, there is no incentive to use their arms. The spit is much more effective. Even if it is just an animation, it doesn't make sense to have it.

14. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Thank you. I guess that sums that up lol

15. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I dunno. Those claws look just as deadly as their spines. But if it kills you, you wouldn't care what it did to kill you.

16. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Well, the thing is, there's always something blocking it, be it the steel space suits, or Plasma Shield, or hard shell of the Zerg, so it would make sense to use the most powerful attack, the spit. Don't get me wrong, I think a melee attack would be tits, but it just doesn't make sense to have it in.

17. Terranftw123

Terranftw123 Guest

Yea, i agree with the fact that they should have a meele attack, the spit should be used at long range and agaisnt air units, but when meele units get close, they start using their claws for damage, the claws should only do 1/3 of the damage as the spit but should be twice as fast.

18. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

That makes sense from neither a lore, or gameplay perspective.

19. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Lolll... I feel highly spammy right now so I'll refrain from posting much

but yea why are u repeating what others have said when we have just disproved the fact it wouldnt fit in the game@terranFORTHEWINonetwothree

20. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

i personaly think this topic sucks. I mean i have seen bad topics befor but really this has got to be the worst of them all. If something could kill you from yards away why should it waist its time and energy to run up to you and stab you. If blizzard red this they might think about changing the hydralisk to melee... i know you guys dont want that to happen. That you be a freakin nightmare to lose a good zerg unit.