1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg Dragon

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by hydralisk, Nov 14, 2007.

Zerg Dragon

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by hydralisk, Nov 14, 2007.

1. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    wiat dragons fly with wings i dont get what youre saying zergalicious

2. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Aisian dragons usually don't have wings. If you see a picture of them, they are serpent like, only some of them have small wings that are supposed to let them fly.

The dragons you are thinking of are the European dragons.

3. Rex

Rex New Member

Well it seems like the Zerg have not taken more species and used it they are using the ones they have and adapting/EVOLVING!!

4. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Well, I've thought this over a bit more, and you all do make good points. It would fit in with the scaley, nightmarish concept of the Zerg, and it couldn't hurt to add in. However, I would really want them to be fierce and intimidating, as opposed to the Frost Wyrms. The Frost Wyrms were cool, but not really that scary, you know? We would need something really fear inducing for the Zerg :p

5. freefrank00

freefrank00 Guest

a dragon wold fit but it would have to be zergish because if it looked like a real dragon it would be to big and not zerg enough. it should be a defender for the hive cluster not an assault unit it would be too powerful. it should cost a lot of minerals and gas and should also have to stay near the creep.

6. nEveR_LifT

nEveR_LifT New Member

The Zerg make up for their lack of a bc unit by being able to mass units quickly and relatively cheaply. A swarm of mutas can overcome bc's anyday.

7. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    Yea a dragon does't really work because it would kinda assume the role of a capital ship, Zerg dont use capital units nothing really big and solo doesnt really work all that well in the erg arsenal. THink of ultralisks, never seen em used but once (easy money map, there were like 30 of em) and it still diddn't end well. (I lost but that was because the protoss player sent in 12 carriers in right at the same time.
    but yea dragon=\=zerg

8. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    @ lift

However, when playing zerg, I always wish that there was just one unit that could go around by itself or in a small group and still be able to fend for itself. Sure the ultralisk was good, but since it only had melee attacks, it was beaten by most other late tier units easily.

9. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    @Ronin.

I think we discussed the dragon earlier because we thought zerg needed some sort of capital ship. I believe that players use Ultralisks as well as not just in money maps.

10. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    No one said the dragon had to be a huge capital ship type monster just something that resembles a dragon.

11. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    im not talking about a capital ship im talking about a powerful unit that flys that resembles a dragon in all in all a flying ultra hey if blizzard is willing to redesign the ultra and make it fly im be one happy person

12. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    It would be nice to see a melee air attacker with high damage medium HP. And you would think, how can a melee air attacker work, it'd get outmanouvered. Yes, but it breaks up the formation spreading them out were they don't wanna loose their air units, then eventually they can supprise air units or take em out one by one, or rape a slow air unit.

13. ekulio

ekulio New Member

It would be cool if maybe the air melee unit latched on to other flying units and held them there while it attacked, so they can't move till they destroy it. It would need to be a unit you couldn't mass too easily though or it would be way OP. Maybe it wouldn't hold them still but just slow them down.

I think in general any air melee unit would have to be pretty fast.

14. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    That would be too OP if you could attach this thing to a Carrier and it can't do anothing til it dies. And if you slow units down use Ensare.

I never liked the Scourge much I think that'd be eligable for a melee attack instead of suicide, imagine a air unit which attacks like Zerglings.

15. ekulio

ekulio New Member

The carrier would still be able to attack it. I'm not saying the unit is a parasite, it just grabs ahold of the ship so it can't get away. It would sit next to the carrier.

16. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

Awesome idea to have dragons in Starcraft!!!
    I just thought of another great idea: give some units a different kind of energy for special powers, you could call it Mana. Also, Blizzard could make some units able to gain experience, as heroes! And workers would be able to harvest wood from trees, besides minerals and gas.
    Awesome!

17. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    No experience! :D And we don't need even MORE ways of collecting resources, now with the yellow minerals.

18. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Play Star Wars.

19. ekulio

ekulio New Member

LOL

Yeah I know, we've kinda dismissed it already (try to read what other people have said before posting) now the conversation's pretty much turned to flying melee units.

20. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Yes, I want Blizzard to give the Zergling a wing upgrade, let its tech be around the same time as the Lurker tech. Atleast that way it plays into their design.