1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg Changeling

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by AlexBlaze, Jun 30, 2008.

Zerg Changeling

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by AlexBlaze, Jun 30, 2008.

1. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    so its just mind control or what? I would use that on my enemies carriers then :)
    I still think parasite which needs detectors to be seen is the best solution.

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    How can a tiny parasite control a whole, huge ship?

It needs to be limited, if it was to work like a mind control.

3. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I don't think it should work like Mind Control. If it did, they'd all open fire on each other when it first got Parasited, unless it looses its attack and then there's not much use for it, as these Changeling-like decoys are just meant to stand there and not wander around their base.

It should just be a parasite. That's it. It fastens itself to the outside of its target's armour, hull or carapace, and just sits there, allowing for sight.

4. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

This idea is pointless if you ask me. As of now, Zerg need ALOT of work, not useless things like this.

How about making Zerg a viable race before adding things like this? From what i've heard, Zerg were horribly weak at the WWI and couldn't compare to how new and innovative the other races are turning out to be. The Overseer is already a retarded idea; Blizzard is beating a dead horse.

Give the poor race it's Parasite back, or a similar mechanic. It was completely appropriate for the race.

I mean, the concept is cool, and i'm sure the system Blizzard would use for the actual "shapeshifting" is pretty cool, but maybe a spy isn't the right application for it.

I'de suggest somthing like: A seperate unit with a Shapeshift skill, gains the appearance & movement speed of the nearest enemy unit, unlimited range; disables automatic hostility; Attacking removes the effect; It has fairly weak attacks, but they're fast. Melee. Amoeba-like appearance.

5. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I said they still gain control of the unit until you tell it otherwise, thats when it becomes suspicious.

Thats pretty boring tho...

Just imagine parasiting half of their Marines they're gonna assault you with sooner or later, they go to attack then all of a sudden half of their squad starts firing at them. That is a huge psychological effect.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  6. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i think it would be cool if the changling could be like a saboteur , like it goes into the enemy base, and it changes into a new form. It waits three seconds, then charges at the nerest enemy and explodes.

7. Juggernaught131

America
    I am not sure it is real as i am not sure there is an overseer let alone some new unit that was not seen at WWI. To me the pics of overseer and overlord are same things wit hdifferent angle and different team colors

8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Jugger ever played RA2? Thats just the spy from that game. Completly the same...

9. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i think it should be able to explode like an if terran, especially if it has a timed life.(that would be even mor eof a mind rape, some of your marines blowing apart the others right when you group) although it should be larvae, built or spawned by queen.

10. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    .-. Banelings are for exploding guys.

11. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    but these would be saboteurs and i don't mean like strong/effeicient enough to be used like a soldier, i mean for disarray, like one would only injure a group of marines but have bonus seige damage.

12. Juggernaught131

America
    i like the idea of it not doing enough damage to kill a marine, but it still can do bonus damage to buildings and it would be awesome to mess with people.

@ furrer: i love RA2, but instead of stealing tech, shutting power down, or stealing money this would cause damage

13. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    The Baneling already has +150 vs buildings, so thats just a baneling clone IMO.

14. LxMike

LxMike New Member

well you could just burrow a zergling in his base for scout

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Lings: Very low LOS + easy detectable with a observer/etc.

16. Juggernaught131

America
    i kind of hope they havent confirmed the changeling as it seems to be a stupid idea that is better suited for the overlord

17. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    I think they should get the parasite back! To the Overlord or to the Overseer, doesn't matter.. and the Changeling should still exist, just with another function. My idea is: The Changeling should shapeshift like it does now and it would have an ability that make it attach to a enemy worker. If the worker mines cristals or vespene, u will get the cristals or vespene, not ur enemy. An ingeniously way of stealing resources.

PS: When attached to an enemy worker, the worker should appear in a green box, like parasited units in SC1 and the Parasite ability in SC2 should need a detector to get rid of it (like u guys said above).

18. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Changeling is a great idea! But I think it's too weak...
    They should give it more HP. :)

19. Juggernaught131

America
    @ alexblaze: that is the same thing as the RA2 spy. I do not like that idea as an army of changelings would pay for themselves in no time. I would just steal all the money i could.

20. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    How would you not notice a unit you can't control? I'm glad Blizz is looking into stealth options for the Zerg...I don't see this one working.