1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg Changeling

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by AlexBlaze, Jun 30, 2008.

Zerg Changeling

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by AlexBlaze, Jun 30, 2008.

1. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    So who posted the blue bit?
    :laugh:

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Exactly, which is why I think it should work like mind control but the unit keeps its original player colour.

3. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    by the sounds of it, it is not going to be used that often unless they programmed the comp to not recognized the Changling and shoot it, if they did do that then i think it could be somewhat useful, because then you would be able to enter the opponent base(if its not sealed off) unless they shoot it down.

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

sounds like a xelnaga to me.

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I can see it work vs T or Z as they might have stray Marines or Zerglings, but Zealots? They would most likely get busted quite fast.

6. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The only way I could see the changeling working against enemies is at later tier when things get a bit more hectic. At that point it could be used to provide more or less constant scouting at the enemy's base, but otherwise it'll be meh. It should at least have a relatively long timer, at least 30 seconds long.

One possible strategy involving changelings requires allied games. If an enemy is guarding his ally's base, a changeling that takes the form of the ally is less likely to be noticed by the player. This way it won't be hard to get recon constantly on the forces guarding the base.

7. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Once discovered and killed, the Changeling should perform some sort of "silly dance". A funny personable dance that is based on the unit being imitated.

In other news, I can't wait to play people and watch them accidentally kill their own units...lol!

8. LxMike

LxMike New Member

sorry, but this is can't be done by simple mindless bug, maybe more of a terran/protoss hybrid technologies lol

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    And why not? It's basic camouflage. Most animals currently in existence can change their appearance to hide themselves. Who's to say some super-evolved "mindless bugs" can't.

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    This is just a load of crap. Parasite was awesome and literally suited Zerg absolutely perfectly. With this, a couple of quick scans of your main force, and you've got it.

Instead of spawning a unit based Parasite. In my opinion, it should either be done by the Overseer spawning another unit that can run around, either Cloaked or Burrowed, which can then Parasite units, or just give Parasite to the Infestor, which can already move while Burrowed, and let it be able to cast it while Burrowed as well.

@ Wlck. I'm sorry to break this to you, but merging into a Marine or Stalker is not basic camouflage. If you're relative it to things like the octopus and cuttlefish, then it's not like that either. They disguise themselves as parts of its environment, so perhaps the 'Changeling' could just form into a doodad instead, and not into other species.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Camouflage is any act of an organism using deception to make themselves indiscernible from their surrounding environment. In this case, the changeling is using camouflage as it changes its form to make it indiscernible from its environment (enemy units). Maybe 'basic' wasn't the right word for it. But I do like the doodad idea.

12. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    That is the ovie!

I like hope Blizzard said that they just wanted to try this abbility out, I really hope it get could. I liked Psi´s one, but then it should only work on tier 1 units. On the other hand that sounds a lot like MC...

13. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it should be permanent.

wait so this is undetectable and not auto-targeted right? otherwise it will be pretty useless.

makes up for the lost of parasite...

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    And what if the map features no / few doodads? I think your enemy would notice if there suddenly were trees in the middle of his base.

15. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Who says they have to be in the middle of their base? There are always doodads on the map, even if they're just small rocks and stuff.

And so what if your enemy would notice it right away? What if they're massing Stalkers or something, and then a Zealot suddenly appears?

16. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Give parasite to the infestor IMO, its a much better way... It can be removed with an abbility from the medic, but its still usefull against protoss then (parasiting shuttles is always fun you know).

17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Also, Parasite should be hidden, and not like it was in StarCraft1. You should need a Detector to snuff it out, and they shouldn't appear as being fluoro-green when they're selected as a group.

18. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    zzzz, tbh...i dont like this idea, jsut give us the parasite back.

19. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    They have the concept right just the application and function.

I don't mind it being on the Overseer.

But it should operate like parasite in Sc1 except the parasited unit can be controlled by you, if the unit is moving while you parasite it and you don't give it any orders, it remains enemy player controlled until you tell it otherwise, then you can scout their base and stuff right under their nose, if they don't realize they're not controlling it xDD

And I agree that it should require a detector to notice it.

20. LxMike

LxMike New Member

animal do hid for animal, not for humans lol cause we do spot them