1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zerg Capital Ships?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by timedragon888, Jul 31, 2007.

Zerg Capital Ships?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by timedragon888, Jul 31, 2007.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    You're saying that Kerrigan will have a capital ship?

Awesome, she'll be the new Artanis! ;) Get rid of that ugly cow... lol

2. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I really cant say anything exept: BLIZZCON SHOULD START ALREADY.

I predict zerg making an appearence(LOL?)

3. Warsaw

Warsaw New Member

zerg just werent meant to have large ships cause it would be blown outta the sky without any cool tech like protoss shielding or yamato guns. All it would have is its crappy carapace. Im sure a single laser blast from a terran battle cruiser would just cut the damn thing into 2 peices and rain massive amounts of Goo and mucus all over the battle field.

4. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

I rather have the defiler's orange cloud affecting the sky aswell, because so far, the only air unit with close range is the Scourge. Thus, with the orange cloud, scourges could own anything in the air, and that would be the end of it. ;-)

Even though I would very much like to see a flying Ultralisk, lol!

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I'd rather see flying zerglings that can swoop down to attack ground units as well.

Also known as... SACKABLE ZERGLINGS!!!

*Dark Hole* (Scrapped)

Oh crap..

6. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

The carapace isn't that weak. If it was, the zerg would be utterly useless and devourers will get killed in one hit by battlecruisers. Anyway shouldn't kerrigan build something like a carrier for her to ride on since she's now the "Queen B*tch of the Universe"

7. Mike

Mike New Member

Morelike she'll kidnap a battlecruiser and man it with infested terrans (not forgetting a cerebrate or two in cargo bay) - probably much more pleasant and classy for da Queen than travelling in smelly sack of meat called the Overlord.. Would also make sense from story point of view - misson briefings interactions like those terrans' would look... hmm, realistic :)

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    lol it would be funny to see how a Overlord looks from inside when interacting in the zerg briefing :)
    Man its gonna look like a dump in the backalley of a butchery...

9. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

Or maybe she wants something even stronger than a battlecruiser, something that is "seemingly inpenetrable". That would fit into the story line as a hero unit or something. After all, she's got the resources, time and space to build such a behemoth.

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I agree completely with Timedragon, if the Zerg carapace was weak, Ultralisks would be completely useless. In SC1 with its full upgrades, it is one of the most armored units in the game.... Transfer armor like that to an airship.... you'd have something quite formidable... The attack is the only question.

11. timedragon888

timedragon888 New Member

Yeah... Should it be given many small weapons like the Carrier, many firing lasers like the Battlecruiser, or a bouncing weapon like the Mutalisk? Or maybe it can spit in the air or something, lol...

12. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I'm thinking it could be a type of large, non-sacrificing scourge. Latches onto the enemy airship and either controls it or digests them one at a time. Maybe just latches on and it does slow but significant damage until it is killed or the enemy unit dies.

13. Indigent

Indigent New Member

How would they get it off...? Say battle cruiser got strapped and another battlecruiser shoots at it... Hehe... It's all like WTF are you doing to my ship stop shooting me you god dam &@&$?!!!!

14. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yea it'd be insanity and cause some serious confusion.... PERFECTLY FITS THE ZERG!!!

MUA HA HA HA.... Plus we could change the saying to "We are own all your SHIPS!!!!" :p

EDIT: Imagine a fleet of 12 BCs, etc..... 5-6 of these giant sucking things come out of nowhere and crash into 5-6 of the BCs... The BCs stagger and start getting shot at by their comrades.....

"GET THIS SH*T OFF OF ME!!! GET IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!"

I can imagine animations like the BC getting mauled into the ground by the impact of being attacked.... Brings it to the ground or makes it lose a lot of altitude, etc....

15. ShasOkais

ShasOkais New Member

Canada
    what if you could upgrade the overlord to achieve capital ship standards. Toxic spore attacks, heavy armor, hell on earth?

16. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    lol IMBA!! Overlords dont take up supply goddammit! imagine the face of someone who suddenly sees 423 enemy overlords covering the sky, SHOOTING AT HIM! :eek:

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Yeah that would be imba, but I think he meant evolving the ovies seperately, which would still be imba, unless they take up more supply than they provide, or just stop providing supply.

I'd just like a stronger form of the muta instead, same basic concept, but stronger. As an evolutuion, of course. I'd say a new muta/scourge evolution.

18. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Almost all units that shoot that have specific AA use missles... Scourges sticking to your battle cruiser is going to be HELL...

19. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

no "capital ships" for the zerg. just that sexy eye floating in blood with optic nerves going hether tether

20. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    Not necessarily, if Overlords were to become capital ships/units (well basically attack ground and air), if anything they would at the very least cost several hundreds of minerals and gas to evolve into this unit (assuming they don't use supply, and still provide supply).

Likewise, such an attack would ideally be slower than the speed of attack from the other capital ships, Carrier and Battlecruiser. So all in all, in spite of a potential armor upgrade, HP upgrade and the ability to attack, it's may or may not be worth it, who knows?