1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zealot Movement

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jul 1, 2007.

Zealot Movement

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Imagine., Jul 1, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

I'm not saying the immortals will be completely useless but they are even more of a one time thing than valkyries are and I know you think those suck.

2. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    We'll have to wait and see how immortals are in other situations not involving siege tanks.

3. paragon

paragon Guest

yes and we'll have to see which units activate it's hardened shield.

4. Ghost

Ghost New Member

You didn't take the colosi's range into account. And the immortals are supposed to be within that range to that any swarming little units get ass raped by the twin thermal lances. The zealots would also close into the marines pronto so their priority would change to the zealots. In the heat of things immortals move back into the tanks and pwn them.

Anyway by what I have seen so far I would only send in immortals first if assaulting a choke point, all other times I would port them in behind enemy lines while my zealots engage the smaller units.

Please spell words out fully. 'zlot' is only two letters away from being proper forum format.

5. paragon

paragon Guest

Siege tanks and goliaths would destroy the zealots, marines and reapers would destroy the immortals

6. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

I just wanted to say that what you guys are mentioning are not the only units in the game. I personaly am a big fan of the psionic storm ability so in that situation i would storm the eny front lint of rines then send in the lots behind the immortals to get the tanks. Goliaths coiuld present a problem if they do not die with psionic storm. :( But there is also such thing as a reaver which i doubt they will take away. Maybe my plan is not so good, but just want to alert you guys that there will be other units, and that also goes with the terran, who knows what they will have. Oh, and this is sort of drifting from original topic.
    -Trooper

7. paragon

paragon Guest

There is also whatever terran units will be revealed that could counter those things. And the good old nuke/lockdown to wipe it clean.

8. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

Zealots can charge into Siege Tank deadzone and theorycrafting is pretty pointless anyway.

9. slugonice

slugonice New Member

CHARGE is soooo kewl. Kenshi Himura style!

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Now the Zealots can still run at their drugged up speeds like in SC1, but they get Charge with the upgrade now.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Imagine lots running down lings with the speed upgrade before they move 5 feet. Also, the speed upgrade doesn't affect the charge spped, right?

12. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Well you can't charge without the speed upgrade so there's only one speed for the charge unless you give Zealots StimPack in the map editor.

13. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Zealots movement now in Starcraft 2 is very awe------some why because in starcraft 1 they are very weak against enemy because of slow movement but now they are all fast En Taro Tassadar Commander !!!

14. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i don't think you can charge all the times though, so in some aspects charge it's not as good leg enhancement.

15. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    No if you look at the Protoss Photo topic you can see that they have their leg upgrade still, it gives them Charge too now.

16. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

Basically, it speeds up the Zealot only when it needs to be fast- when it needs to fight someone. I don't think that the Zealots really need two speed upgrades though.

17. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I just found this pic of the zealot's charge upgrade. It says "Increases the movement speed [when in close proximity and?] allows them to intercept nearby [enemies faster?]. So yeah... there's the pic and we still can't know what it does for sure :D

ps necropost ftw.

18. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    There is a lot of post in here mentionning the Terran support as Goliaths... Can I remind people that Goliaths does not exist in Starcraft2 yet.

Please either use the name Thor or Viking for the unit supporting the Terran group. And if you are talking about Goliath attacking Collosi with missiles.. please please remember that Goliaths are not there, and if Vikings are to attack Collosi it needs to be airborn thus removing ground defence of your tanks.

I think that the best way to hold of this attack of Chargin Zealots protected by Immotals would be 2-3 Thors, that could do the meatshield vs ground force (protecting Tanks) and using is ''powerful anti air'' ''flack cannon'' attack agains the collosi.