1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow Mothership overhaul.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by JudicatorPrime, Aug 3, 2007.

Wow Mothership overhaul.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by JudicatorPrime, Aug 3, 2007.

1. LJYLJ

LJYLJ New Member

so now they really or nothing more then a huge flying damage absorber? maybe u can load units into it (like 50units) and use it for some sort of drop...meh, what do i know

2. gibs66

gibs66 Guest

Bring back the "ultimate weapon of war" the mothership was cool, now it sucks

3. Ryno

Ryno New Member

Bring it back the way it was, minus the cheap black hole ability.

Without that, and the original Planet Cracker, it was great. Perfect "super unit".

4. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

the planet cracker is different now as it only shoots one giant beam. i like old planet cracker better, and the black hole should not be removed but just balance it.

5. Isidoros

Isidoros New Member

I think that the mothership should look bigger and more massive and should also have other design.

6. Daduffian

Daduffian New Member

I think that they have entirely the wrong concept for the Mothership. I think they should merge the MS and the carrier. The Mothership should be like a super powerful carrier (that is very expensive but you can get more than one), with some cool new abilities. Some ideas for abilities:

Scatter Bomb: A heavy area affect ground attack with long cooldown.

Shield: Creates shield that prevents units (friendly or enemy) from entering or leaving a large area around the MS, or attacking units that are in that area. Units withing the shield cannot attack units outside the shield. The MS cannot move while using this ability.
    (The primary use of this ability would be to trap small numbers of enemy units within the shield where they cannot leave or get support, or provide a chance for your units to escape).

Warp: Allows the MS to instantly travel to any point within pylon power. However, this ability would take a few seconds to activate, so it would be inefficient for traveling short distances.

Docking Bay: 5 Pheonixes or 2 Warp-Rays could dock in the MS and be taken with a Warp.

Self-Destruct: The MS would self-destruct, destroying any air units in a wide range around the MS, and damaging ground units. This ability would take a short while to activate (maybe 7 seconds), so it would be hard to use on an already dying MS.

Some other ideas: The MS would be so expensive that it would be difficult to get more than 2 or 3. MS would be able to build Fighters (Anti-Air), Bombers (Anti-Ground), and (with upgrade) Interceptors (hits air and ground). MS would also not look like the retarded floating city. Something more like the Homeworld Mothership would be cooler: http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Homeworld/homeworld4.jpg.

This is very different from the Blizzard concept and I know that a lot of people wont like it, but I think it is a more interesting unit, and will be easier to make balanced so that it is a good unit without taking over the game.