1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow Mothership overhaul.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by JudicatorPrime, Aug 3, 2007.

Wow Mothership overhaul.

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by JudicatorPrime, Aug 3, 2007.

1. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

That's what I was thinking.. but, you said it better.

And I agree. I won't be using it, I mean... how useful will it be? It can cloak... itself apparently, it better take down a Thor in like 2 seconds.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Finland
    Did someone say that this is the final mothership? I'm not too pleased either. It should have remained big-ass superunit.

3. ramdon

ramdon New Member

I liked the 1 super unit for protoss only idea very much, it helped making the races more different.
    They should just have nerfed the time bomb and blackhole and it would have been fine.

Timebomb can be easily tweaked by changing it's duration.
    Blackhole can easily be tweaked by adding a maximum unit consumption, after that amount it consumed too much matter and closes, and leftover ships in range survive.

4. eclipse

eclipse New Member

yeah, im not very pleased either, but is the price of the mothership still the same? 400/400 doesnt seem very fitting anymore

5. They should give the mothership the tempests antiground shield to make it even better at fighting ground units, seeing as it doesnt have an air attack

6. Ych

Ych New Member

I am extremely disappointed on what they did to the Mothership.
    Seriously, it was such a good concept and really suitable for the Protoss. Now, they are making it like some kind of soaped up Arbiter with attacks. Their role now sounds too similiar to the Carriers that I think it might even overlap.

Not to mention, from the looks of it, it seems too similiar to the Thors also in that they are all late game and expensive units. Blizzard should just make the Protoss unique and make them a superunit. It really suits the theme of the Protoss.

7. DeathRot

DeathRot New Member

ya same disspointed with the mothership can mass it and aim the worth for the 400/400 when a fleet of AA can just bring u down still think the concept of a ulitmate unit for the mothership still favour for me and the cloaking skill is pointless for the mothership it should be giving to Star Relic or Stasis Orb when they finalise

8. JBL

JBL New Member

Wow I totally hate what they are doing right now.. the protoss just got a flying thor..

whats the point?

Maybe once blizzard hear that everyone want the super unit back, they will change it back to their old concept, maybe with some balancing.

9. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

Cerebrate: ZOMG! 3 Mother-Ships are attacking? Hacks!
    Scorge: Scorge to the rescue!
    Cerebrate: <3

GG blizzard! ty for making it easy for us zergs!

10. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

Totally agree, i want the old Motheship back, and want the blackhole and all of that, and to be buildable just one at a time!!!!!!!
    BLIZZARD BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!

11. gelu_gao

gelu_gao New Member

The worst news. I like the idea to have one super unit.
    As multiple motherships can be put to the battlefield together, with carriers and warprays, I feel the protoss airforce is stronger than balanced.
    ???

12. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Yeah I'm not a big protoss player and even I think thats lame.

13. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

ok i always thought the time bomb was imba and heres why

its real easy for a ms to just go the the entrance of a base with an fleet of warp rays or carriers and use time bomb. If the time bombs works like i think it does meaning that any attacks entering it become slow and all attack exiting it are not affected then u could put ur fleet inside and blow up and entire base with just that. Not much of strategy there

14. burkid

burkid New Member

it doesnt have that kind of range. and since mutas are the only air we saw that stack, i really doubt you could get a whole army in it. and it didnt last long.

15. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

im working in the theory that air stack in still in for all races. Also the TB lasted long enough to take down thoughs turrent with no help. Imagine wut a warp rays can do in that short period of time.

16. Frost

Frost New Member

Hopefully if everyone keeps complaining about it they will change it back with minor tweaks and not something as big as this

17. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

There's the key. Warp Rays can't do jack crap in a short period of time. Their dmg starts out low and rises exponentially. They need to be shooting at something for a good time to do any real damage.

The real strategy with them (Against Zerg, cause that's who the 'toss are geared against) is to TB mutas and rip them to shreds with Phoeni.

18. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

ok then use carriers lol

19. burkid

burkid New Member

of which only 2 could fit in timebomb.

20. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

so its official that u cant stack air?