1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoW lore spotlight(new topic every two weeks)

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ijffdrie, Nov 20, 2008.

WoW lore spotlight(new topic every two weeks)

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ijffdrie, Nov 20, 2008.

1. tomatsalad

tomatsalad New Member

still makes I dont think it's legion style to just not attack two major factions in the east.

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Large part of Alliance's forces were destroyed by and assimilated into the Scourge, another part left for Kalimdor. There was really little point to go there when their main goal was on the other side of the world.

3. tomatsalad

tomatsalad New Member

true.

4. LordArreat15

LordArreat15 New Member

No the powers of the Well would been drained, not nature. The legion would take care of that on theri own terms. (Felwood and some mini one in Ashenvale I think.)

5. JakeKessler

JakeKessler New Member

Tallahassee, FL
    They aren't brothers, unless WotLK has retconned this. The three brothers you're thinking of from The Frozen Throne were Varimathras, Balnazzar and Detheroc... Mal'ganis was an unrelated Dreadlord killed by Arthas in Reign of Chaos, about a year before TFT takes place.

Has Blizz retconned this to make him a fourth brother? If so that's pretty lame.

6. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    wait wait wait wait wait wait

Mal'Ganis is alive now?

okay...

7. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i ran upon something interesting on Wowwiki, something that could explain the thing with the eredar

from this page: http://www.wowwiki.com/Man'ari

im also quite interested in the Naaru there are a few lines that suggest they are as old or even older then the titans(born at the dawn of creation).
    There is also the thing of the army of the light, they state that there are a lot of races that would join into a single unstoppable army of the light, yet the only ones shown to us so far are the inhabitants of Shattrah, i wonder if there are more naaru led factions out there

8. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    The WoW destroyed lore completely.

All characters who died are alive (with very few exceptions),

Faction alliances are irrational. Why would bood elves join horde who destroyed them in Second war because of one human?

Brown (Mag'dhor or something) orcs aren't corrupted so they aren't green right? Then why Frostwolf clan (the only clan that wasn't corrupted, it was stated many times) are green?

And there is much more....

9. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Other way around with characters, the only ones being brought back are Muradin and Teron Gorefiend I believe, although Kael'thas came back again.

More have died than been brought back.

Blood elves joined the Horde because the Alliance didn't take well to their Fel addiction, and probably partially because of Sylvanas having Horde influence.

The Frostwolves didn't drink from the cup with Mannoroth's blood, but they still turned green due to exposure to Fel magic, unlike the Mag'har.

10. VeljkoM

VeljkoM New Member

Serbia,KG
    Also all the dread lords are alive. Even if most of them were killed by not normal way like with frostmourne (and one killed in battle wasn't revived which is strange).
    And how Muradin has survived? He was a needed sacrifice so Arthas could use his sword. Also that pit lord that you kill in Warcraft TFT is alive and slave to Illidan (I don't even need to talk about illidan). I think that also alliance group from expansion that died because of destruction of Dreanor are still alive.

Frsotwolves are shamans and never were addicted to Fel magic. They were the only ones not corrupted.
    From Warcraft 1 to 3 only they were pure.

So you are saying that they joined because mad forsaken that aren't even real horde faction likes them? Orcs don't like demonic addiction anymore. They still would rather go with naga or Theramore humans.

You have to admit it that all of this doesn't make any sense.

11. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

You are saying that it doesnt make sense that WoW introduced a new fact about the dreadlords? i think its actually cool. Anyways, now for the argent crusade and scarlet crusade

for this section i took the comics as the most important source. World of Warcraft is also used as a source, though i take the comic canon as surpassing WoW.

During the assault on blackrock spire in the second war, highlord mograine obtained a powerful shadow artifact from an orc warlock, which destroyed his right hand as he touched it. He did however not destroy the artifact but took it home with him. After the first few attacks of the scourge, he and several other important paladins, http://www.wowwiki.com/High_General_Abbendis, Arcanist Doan, Grand Inquisitor Isillien and High Inquisitor fairbanks met.

Highlord Mograine presented his plan to these four paladins of the silver hand. He said that if an orb of pure darkness exists, an orb of pure light should also exist. But when he reveals the shadow orb, High inquisitor fairbanks is so appaled that he tries to destroy it with a holy attack. But, the orb was not destroyed by this spell, it absorbed it and become an orb of pure light. When the orb was turned highlord Mograine's hand was also restored.

The times were dire, as Arthas had just wiped out Stratholme, and it was decided to use the orb to forge a mighty weapon, and who better to create such a weapon then the great smith King Magni Bronzebeard. Not everyone agreed with letting a dwarf create this weapon though, as amongst the silver hand a faction began to grow that advocated the racial supremacy of humans. Mograine had the final word though, and he trusted the dwarven king. King Magni was more then happy to help create this weapon, as he had just recieved word that Arthas had killed his brother Muradin. And thus the great weapon Ashbringer was finished around the time of king Terenas's death.

Mograine and his two sonsDarion Mograine and Renault, Abbendis and his daughter Brigitte Abbendis, Fairbanks, Doan and Saidan Dathrohan met to discuss how to take care of the scourge.

ill write more later

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

wow, guess who didnt write more later?

anyways, i just had an epiphany.

Garrosh sits in the middle of a fortress made out of Saronite, something that channels the power of the old gods, no wonder he's going insane. Yes he fought thrall before that, but that wasn't nearly as stupid as his hatred for humans which only showed up later.

13. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Well isn't nearly every Horde fortress in Northrend made out of Saronite? Hell, half the stuff newbie 80's wander around in is Saronite.

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

15. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

and even more disturbing.

Go to goldshire, then slightly north to the house by the lake. Turn the music on. Now go upstairs into the kids room. Holy crap why did the music just become creepy. Then stay there for 5 mins, just staring at the faces.

16. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    You really have nothing better to do? Like, get more gear? :p

But seriously, though. The saronite people are carrying around is only ore, not the purified stuff.

17. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Generally you purify things before forging them, as impurities create weakness in the armor. I think. That's what the smelting process is all about, you're turning Ore into product. And I would prolly think the straight ore is more dangerous, at least it seems that way when visiting the mines.

EDIT: I'm not talking about ore in bags, I mean things like Savage Saronite Walkers that you see on every DK and his dog.

And gear? Pfaw, who needs that? All I need is a silly hat and Riding Turtle.

Annnnnd I hate when you're defending a city and /3 keeps spamming STORMWIND CITY IS UNDER ATTACK and doesn't tell you what freakin district.