1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoW lore spotlight(new topic every two weeks)

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ijffdrie, Nov 20, 2008.

WoW lore spotlight(new topic every two weeks)

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by ijffdrie, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Banned

Banned New Member

Malygos.

Discuss.

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Better yet
    Malygos or Deathwing - who's more of a nutjob?

3. Banned

Banned New Member

Deathwing. Deathwing went nuts because he's evil. I believe Malygos went nuts because of his mate, Sindragosa, getting owned by Deathwing, dying in the frozen wastes of Northrend, and then being awoken as an agent of the Scourge after centuries. His sanity has been restored, but now he's declared war on the mortal world, for their rampant and reckless use of magic.

What I don't get is.. Why they are killing off a Dragon Aspect? With Alexstrasza's help, no less. What's going to happen? Oh, right, it's WoW. You get candy and nobody notices.

4. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Wait wait wait wait. When did he die? I heard he's an enemy, but with Scourge? Against Alextrasza? wtf

Didn't Deathiwing go nuts (AND evil) because of Old Gods? He seems to be like Gollum, only huge, spewing molten lava and threatening entire world.

As for Malygos, it was not only his mate, but entire flight wiped out by his very best friend. A good excuse I'd say

5. Banned

Banned New Member

No. He's in his own faction. But with the raid instance concerning the Blue Dragon Flight, he is the final boss in a Magtheridon/Onyxia style instance. He will die at the hands of the players, with the aid of Alextrasza, making him the first and ( currently ) only Aspect to be slain. Which baffles me, if he's the Aspect of Magic. I mean, what would happen if you killed Nozdormu, the Aspect of Time?

And yeah, Deathwing was driven mad by the Old Gods, and used the Demon Soul to betray and overpower his brethren. The Blue Dragonflight led the charge, and were decimated by Deathwing's power.

6. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Since the game has to be going, my guess is that nothing will happen. If it was supposed to make sense, I think it would have some impact, but it wouldn't have to be anything too grand. Not sure about this, but Aspect isn't equivalent of source, whatever the relation is, there is magic without Malygos, there's time without Nozdormu etc.
    It's also possible that a new Aspect could be chosen, but how that'd happen without Titans? Maybe they could gather Malygos' essence upon death to grant his power to another Blue. Sorta like they used Nozdormu's essence when he was absent for the betrayal.

7. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I consider Malygos maybe to me more of a... monitor of magic, not the embodiment of it all.

Banned: Add to his insanity by losing nearly all of the Blue Dragonflight to Deathwing in the first war with the Burning Legion 10 000 years back.

And Deathwing's more insane. He's been twisted by the Old Gods, had his own ****ing scales replaced with adamantium ones (driven into his skin anyone? Hurr.), stole power from each Aspect except for the Demon Soul, proceeded to kick the **** out of already turmoiled supercontinent Kalimdor, receded to plot some, partially responsible for the fall of the old Horde through indirect involvement, managed to steal a few wagons of Alextstrasza's eggs, tempered with the workings of the Alliance late Second War, sent his son to rule Blackrock Spire, using Rend as a pawn, used his daughter Onyxia to tamper with the Alliance even further as the advisor to Varian Wrynn's son in his absence, has made the Nether Dragons in Outland during the ending of the Second War, and I probably missed some stuff.

8. Banned

Banned New Member

You forgot to mention that, aside from Deathwing's Prime Consort, Sintharia, there hasn't been another to survive mating with him, explaining why there are so few adult Black Dragons, compared to the other flights. I guess Deathwing likes it rough.

9. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

LoL, nice new topic.

i am not good at the dragonflight lore though, so i wont be able to comment untill tomorrow when i searched WoW wiki

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    You understand a lot of it from the War of the Ancients trilogy, and Day of the Dragon.

Anything from World of Warcraft is a plus... even if Chris Metzen has gone nuttier than Deathwing.

OH HO HO.

11. Banned

Banned New Member

Okay. We've established why Malygos went bat****, that Deathwing is even moar Bat****, Maylgos is no longer bat****, his apparent death will have no effect on the world ( Crock of bull ), Deathwing is an evil son of a ***** and likes having fatally rough buttsecks. What else is there to comment on?

Lore Figures constantly dying because Chris Metzen has gone psychotic.
    Discuss.

12. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i havent read any of the books besides the sunwell trilogy pt 1 and pt 2

what i find weird is that after we killed onyxia and the other black dragon, the black dragons still have enough power to join the wyrmrest accord and have an ambassador on the top lvl

13. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Illidan. Kael'thas. Vashj.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Also Malygos.

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

apparently, metzen thinks that top quality role playing is killing off everything in the universe

15. Banned

Banned New Member

Bolvar Fordragon, and Saurfang the Younger as well. Jaina will probably get butt****ed trying to convince Arthas not to kill EVERYTHING. EVER. Silly little girl. Unless she's of course moved onto that big hunky green sack of manliness and feelings we call Thrall. You know, once you go Orc, you never.. Eat pork?

Varimathras has also died, canonically, and Mal'Ganis is back, though I'm not sure if he's been killed. Most likely.

16. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    What the **** is this ****?

**** off Mal'ganis.

And Saurfang the Younger... like nobody cared about.

And I like Bolvar... he helped me out for an elite quest. D:

17. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

lol, varimathras is dead?

what happened?

18. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    There's nothing to say here really. Gameplay > Lore in WoW. Always been, always will.
    At least it isn't that bad in Warhammer

And Malganis is back now?

19. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Varimathras was still Scourge loyal this whole time, and swipes Undercity from Sylvanas.

**** goes down and the Alliance attacks to regain Capital City... but the Horde attack to reclaim it as Horde territory again.

20. Banned

Banned New Member

Yes. Mal'Ganis came back. Varimathras is dead, after Thrall and Sylvanas killed him during the battle for the Undercity. It's revealed he wormed his way into controlling a faction of the Forsaken, using them and Putress to launch a surprise attack on on those fighting at the Wrath Gate. The ambush is the reason why Bolvar and Saurfang are dead, as well as hundreds of Alliance and Horde soldiers.

Edit: My explanation was better XP