1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows or Mac

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Aurora, Dec 22, 2007.

?

So, Windows or Mac? (Or something else?)

1. Windows

60.0%
  2. Mac

20.0%
  3. Something else.

20.0%

Windows or Mac

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Aurora, Dec 22, 2007.

1. JBL

JBL New Member

I would say that the biggest Up that mac can get is that 95% of people who creates stuff for others are mac users and 95% of people who uses other people's stuff do it on PC..

I would kill myself if the SC2 sprites weren't made on a mac.

I think mac is overated­... and soon we will be able to use OS X on PC.. good bye the 3k$ PC with like 100GB HDD and 1GB RAM ... and welcome to the PC with dual (or triple) boot!

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I used to use a Mac for almost everything, but when I got a little more serious with gaming, I decided to buy me a Windows operated system. Now I can't afford to buy myself a nice new Mac anymore, but if you are right about the dual-support, I will consider to save up some money for a Mac. Starcraft 2 will be the only game I will be playing for a long time when it comes out anyway. And Warcraft is dual supported to. ;D

3. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    the only thing i hate about windows is that its prone to almost any kind of virus and once infected, its really hard to remove them, even with the right tool
    but i love my games, so ill sick to windows

4. karlo

karlo New Member

SOL system

you mean the virus is as sticky as a frog,lol.
    [this is the first qoute i ever made].

5. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    You are the first person I've seen to say that, lol. I think PC is better, despite those Mac v. PC commercials. I've never used a Mac, but as long as my PC has what I need, I see no reason to swap computers.

Sure there are virus problems, but with updating protection, the chances of catching a virus is minimal. I haven't had any issues with malware, viruses, or hackers, so I don't see what the major problem/issue is.

6. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I love both of them. The each have their faults, yeah, but their pluses are nice.

Like Macs. You don't know what you're missing if you've never used Maya or PhotoShop on a Mac. It epically pwns the Windows version.....However. God DAMN that one button mouse....XP

Windows, it's like the tank. XP is possibly one of the most solid operating systems I've ever used. I've only seen the BSoD on my XP desktop ONCE int he however long I've used it. And the gaming support is nice. However, Vista sucks huge hairy hairlipped monkey balls.

'Nuff sed.

7. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Unfortunately, my computer doesn't have photoshop on it. Otherwise, I would work on graphical work with it, and enter the forum sig competitions.

Where would I be able to download it, and what cost?

8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Legally....You'd have to buy the discs, runs about 600$ retail, or about 70$ (Yeah, 70) for the student price.

Illegally, I'd recommend a torrent site if we were allowed to, but we're not, so I won't.

9. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    ok, I though it was a downloadable program, but I guess I'll have to put photoshop on hold. I don't have $70 to spend on a single program.

I worked with it in high school, so I know its a powerful program, but I can't afford it at the moment. :(

10. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Yeah, student packages are hella nice. I picked up my Office for like 20USD, when normally it's that plus 100

11. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    hmm...maybe I could check the university's store and see if I can find it there for a good deal. Since it is an engineering university, I would be surprised to not see it there.

The store sells a lot of computer equipment, but I've never looked to see what programming they sold there.

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Try the GIMP

13. JBL

JBL New Member

Can someone tell me apple's problem with their 80GB and 120GB HDD on their laptops?

cmon.. the price difference between a 160GB and 250GB HDD on the internet is about 5$ and every PC out there offer at least 250GB and I even saw 500GB and 640 (2x 320GB) and 1TB (2x 500GB) for similar prices

Why can't apple offer good stuff on their computers?

What do you guys think will happen once Mac OS X (or whatever new version it will be) will be available on PC?

PS. when is it going to happen?

14. PainKiller

PainKiller New Member

I use Mac for gaming and working. I find the mac allot more comfortable to use then Windows

You know that you can buy a two button mouse for mac very cheap, right? ;)

15. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    Lol, when my brother first used a Mac, he said to me, Macs are really easy to use, if you've never used a computer before, Macs are great to start with, but one thing confused me... THERES NO RIGHT CLICK!

EDIT: I think you should get a Windows, one of the main things I have a problem with for Macs is that you can't really customize them, in the sense of upgrading their parts (I'm sure there is a way that I haven't learned, but you can't just open it up and swap your video card for a better one or something like that

also, I really like the moniter and tower set up, when im using a Mac that isn't a laptop it just doesnt feel complete because theres no tower....

16. -LT-

-LT- New Member

What tower?

17. JBL

JBL New Member

lol @ people who thinks mac mouse has 1 button.

18. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

....T_T

I've only used the one button?

19. SuccaMC

SuccaMC New Member

Death Star
    I actually have a Mac and a PC, but as far as video games go, PC fo life.

20. JBL

JBL New Member

unless the mac you used is over 9 000 years old, the mouse probably had 2 buttons.. you gotta set it in the preferences..