1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will the defiler and queen still be in the game?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by karlo, Jan 3, 2008.

will the defiler and queen still be in the game?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by karlo, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Oh sorry. But the Defiler should be that speed as it can splash 500 damage. I'd like it to be able to move underground at a constant energy drain tho

2. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Even if plague did have splash 500 damage, I never use it much. I prefer to use my energy to dark swarm my hydras and lurkers. Since most people tend to use ranged units for their attacks, swarm protects the majority of my army from their attack. Also, while on the offensive, it would protect against enemy base defences.

As for the defiler's mobility, it was lacking simply because of its low life. Also, unlike most other zerg ground units, it didn't have a speed upgrade. However, it still had a decent speed that allowed it to keep up with lurkers and they could get to the front lines fairly quickly in case of emergencies.

The queen is a very good unit, but I just don't tech zerg air to much. It is excellent for scouting because of its parasite ability, especially if used on overlords and enemy transports. Also, who didn't like seeing tanks get killed instantly with a single broodling, queens were great for breaking apart terran bunker/tank defences.

The only ability I rarely used is Infest CC. Since you basically have to take it to red life anyway, why not just kill it? Sure you could get infested terrans, but their effectiveness was limited unless dropped by overlords. The Infest CC might also be used to capture damaged centers that escaped destruction, but were severely damaged. This is a great, and very long game between Savior and Firebathero, where Savior infests 4-5 CCs, and each infestation was mainly for strategy reasons.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgd9Jt202Ok&feature=related

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgk1m-PHIEM&feature=related

3. Anansi_Tragoudia

Anansi_Tragoudia New Member

Wow, the queens and defilers were incredible. The Terrans do seem a bit overpowered... I hated irradiate, I didn't remember it being That powerful though, and the medics bleh. I also don't remember being able to infest things in the air... That was surprisingly exciting, I never dreamed that I would watch the whole thing :p

Weird announcer:
    Vid 1
    Wife...
    Vid 2
    6:20 BDSM
    9:08 aroused

4. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    I can't believe I spent an hour watching that. It was a good game, but it was way too long.

5. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

Defiler - very likely. Queen was the most useless Zerg unit in Brood War, so I my guess is "No".

6. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    It is long, but it is also the only pro game I've seen that queens played a role in since most pro zerg players never used queens. I liked how the queens were sent as backup when savior failed to kill a CC with his lings and hydras.

Unfortunately he still lost. If firebathero hadn't teched BC savior might have won. But the recharging irradiate and yamato cannon were too powerful for him late game.

7. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Savior should have spawn broodlinged the tanks.

I don't see why the guy is called firebathero, when he didn't make a single one of em.

8. hydralisk

hydralisk New Member

batavia new york
    i defilers will stay and mabye they we give the queen a make over. i only used queens as spies and assassians for tanks . im a big zerg dropper so i use queens to parasite units inside the enemy base so i no which spot is the weakest to attack and when is the perfect time to attack but i somtimes get caught and they kill the unit but its owrhty the info

9. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    It would be very likely that if they are back, they would get a makeover. The terran ghost got some very good upgrades, so it is likely that the same will happen for the zerg. The defiler was useful, so I don't think it will change much, but the queen would get an overhaul. Sure its abilities were good, but they were limited unless you had really good micro. At least make the abilities easier to use, and give the queen more life, it died way too easily in battle situations.

10. Alan Schezar

Alan Schezar Guest

They could need a new look, but they have to keep infest+broodlings+dark swarm+pleague.

11. Rex

Rex New Member

Dude! How could you say that, I use them to counter like strong units, and Tanks. The Broodling always does the trick.

12. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Queens were too expensive, too high on the tech tree, and too slow to be of good use. Its only good abilities were parasite and possibly ensnare.Broodlings was ineffective in the long run, and Infest Command Center is just impossible to pull off.

13. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Every Starcraft unit had uses. I also thought the Queen was a great unit. However, the truth is that if you were to poll Starcraft players, the Queen would probably be one of the least utilized units. That doesn't mean that it's bad - it just means there is a greater chance of not seeing it in Starcraft II.

14. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I agree, the defiler was much more useful for me. Even though the queen had its major uses for some strategies, I just never used it much. My favorite way of using it was to parasite transports/mobile detectors, that way I could use thier units to scout their base if they aren't paying attention.

The zerg units I used the least in sc:bw were the queen, ultra, and devourer.

15. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    yes...your right..
    i never even bothered to use the queen. i think nothing was good in that unit. even if it was, it would have cost too much to upgrade. i think the queen will not be in sc2 but i think the abilities will be on a different unit. =]

16. zergPaine

zergPaine New Member

defiler weak? lol someones never seen well placed dark swarms demolish a terran army. Or plague significantly weaken a protoss force. As for the queen, i could care less. Broodling's way too slow and kills a tank (maybe thor?) at best. The other abilities are even more useless.

17. biglittlezergling

biglittlezergling New Member

the defiler is a great unit but the queen is a bit lacking in power. its spells are not very powerful or useful really.
    they are also to expensive and high on the zerg tech tree this = bad

18. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    How are they high on the tech tree? You could get one after you got a Lair, but most players focused on Mutalisks. Plus if you wanted Ultralisks you'd have to build a Queen's Nest anyway.

19. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    the queen was a decent unit just most people didn't use it
    i luv to use broodlings on tanks and dragoons
    also as zergalicious says you only need a lair to build a queen unlike the defiler which needs a hive, so y does everybody keep saying its high on the tech tree?

20. Chax424

Chax424 New Member

A
    The deflier was an incredibly good unit.
    For me, a mostly-not-zerg-player, I hated it.
    The queen can die and never come back. it's little paresite and spawn broodling ability cant burn in hell with her.

No but seriously, I'd like to see both of them come back.