1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will the defiler and queen still be in the game?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by karlo, Jan 3, 2008.

will the defiler and queen still be in the game?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by karlo, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    @Anansi_Tragoudia: Yea you have a point there I forgot about robotics and what not lol. Speaking of infest and Thor in the same sentence imagine if Zerg could infest the half dead Thor, makes sense also and please don't say NOO they can't control metal, there is probably a pilot/driver inside.

2. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Dont you think the thor will have a "driver". Like all other terran "toys"?

3. Rex

Rex New Member

@Zergalicious They could control Machinery, like the flood? Using Brains? Or the Pilot, which ever works. Also Notice the Zerg Frame its a Terran Frame, but looks infested.

4. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I doubt the Spwan Broodling will be back in the game even if the queen returns same goes for the defiler's plague.

Reasons for that is that with the smart cast system it will be too easy to make 12+ queens and effectivemy kill a lot of units for just mana.

Same for plague doing too much damage, thats why they nerfed the damage of Psy Storm to 80 from 120-125(not sure which one it was).

5. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Please link me to your source, I haven't heard about that.

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

dont you think it would be nice if the zerg interface or frame in game would not be an infested terran but rather a pure zerg frame, with tentacles, creeps, and brains, slime etc. i dont know how it will work, but i think the zerg are intelligent, and kerrigan or the overmind can transmit audio and visual communication through zerg creeps.

7. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Zerg need plague since they are going up against Thors, Collosi and Motherships. Personally I think that smart cast should only be for Terran so snipe is more useful, cuz mass plague and psi storm attacks would be pretty annoying.

8. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Plague was a massive pain in the ass to deal with. You can't imagine how hard it is to repair 12 BCs for 498 HP each, but I agree it should stay in the game. It was an excellent counter for those really tough units, en masse.

9. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    It was dont in one of the patches in the early time of SC1. And one of the main reasons was that psi-storm with 125 dmg could 1hit lurkers.

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

I thought consume was great. This made defilers really useful, and i hope it returns in some form... Possbly only letting half of the hp of a unit consumed go to the energy. It might be kind of imbalenced with a full health to mana thing.

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Oh, I thought he was talking about SC2.

12. Anansi_Tragoudia

Anansi_Tragoudia New Member

Consume gave 25 energy, regardless of unit type or health. I tried Consuming an Ultralisk once, and only got 25e, the ultralisk was at full health.

Also, I'm fairly sure that Plague does 300 damage total. I don't think they would have made it stronger in a patch.

@Zergalicious
    Smart- Cast would be difficult to deal with for most abilities in general. I think Blizzard will avoid have useless abilities, in general. Snipe can do up to 150 damage instantly. Karune stated that it can take a Zealot to 1hp. Additionally, snipe only costs 50, and can be done from a cloaked state.
    (I asked a mod to add that info, and more to the ghost discussion, but I was ignored. I even made it look nice :no:)

13. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Weak? How?

I think it is much better than the queen as a support unit. Dark swarm was excellent for both attacking and defending when your enemy used air units and ranged units. Plague was fun to use and destructive to protoss players since they couldn't regain thier lost life. Consume meant you never had to wait to reuse abilities, unlike the queen.

14. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Defiler was an extremely valuble unit I always have 5+ at least on stand by and then I'd routinely plague Protoss players or Terrans supply depots. But I never ever used consume.
    @Anansi- plague does 500 damage, to test this plague a Supply depot and watch it explode due to fire as it would be left with 1hp.

15. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    How was the defiler vulnerable? Sure it has no attack, but you could just burrow it behind your main army when you are low on energy while the rest fight under the dark swarm's protection.

16. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Who said it was vulnerable?

17. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Oh, my bad. I thought you said vulnerable, not valuable. I read your post wrong. I thought you meant that you made 5+ defilers because they were vulnerable.

I need to learn to read posts slower from now on...

18. cohnee

cohnee New Member

My main problem I think stems from my lack of game playing skill more than anything. But I just always felt they lacked the mobility of the Queen.

Maybe I'm just being a little unfair. My Zerg tactics always favoured just massing mutas, hyradlisks and zerglings. I found Queens very useful for scouting and using broodling to wipe out powerful ground units. Nothing like seeing a Siege tank with one shot.

19. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    How the fuck could the Queen lack mobility, they where like the fastest air units, could kill any ground unit in one hit, detect if it parasited a detector, find whole bases, slow down units. Queen would be extremely useful for any player who knew how to use it.
    But yea massing ain't even that great, tactical attacks then swarm works better.

20. cohnee

cohnee New Member

Read my post: I was saying that the DEFILER lacked the mobility of the Queen.