1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants the Valkyrie back?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by aMp, Feb 16, 2008.

?

Should the Valkyrie come back?

1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. No, the Predator instead!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No (new idea)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Terran doesn't need another AtA.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Who wants the Valkyrie back?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by aMp, Feb 16, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I'm pretty sure that all old units will be included in the Map Editor. Shouldn't be too long before someone's made a fairly balanced StarCraft1 game in StarCraft2. I tried to make a WarCtraft2 in WarCraft3 when I was really young, but it failed.

2. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    Predator looks craaaap.

Should make predator but with Valkryies skin/design. :)

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

why? even just looking at some unclear screenshots of the predator everytime makes me want it more for the terran.

hahah. but IMO as classic as they are, wraith and valkyrie looks craaaappp for SC2 well if the design is the same as the orignal but in 3d.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Predator looks too Star Wars-ish. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a contributing factor to it getting cut. The Valkyrie also did look a bit odd, but the Wraith was perfect. Classic design and good looks, the Wraith had it all in aesthetics.

5. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

well for sc2 its a good thing IMHO. love it. bring em back. xp

6. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    bah who cares if it looks like star-wars ish...its dam sexy alright...so i want the predator back....now!! =]

7. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

we want the predator back! now now now!

yes the predator is sexy indeed. the wraith looks like a thin trash can scrap metaled flying paper plane. lol

spamming for the predator. xp

8. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    PREDATOR!!! RoX YouR WoRLD!!

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Blizzard's copped enough about being unoriginal. I doubt they'd want to copy, if not parallel, one of the most popular science fiction movies ever made. Why can't they make a new sexy model that doesn't resemble Star Wars or any other kind of science fiction game or movie? Why do you want the Star Wars one so much?

10. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    dam starwars...did they have to take that design... >=[

btw, where in starwars does a ship resemble the predator?? cuz i dont remember any...
    if your saying "in general this predator ship reminds me of starwars" that doesnt mean that blizzard intended to give it the "starwars" aura.

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It doesn't matter whether Blizzard intended it or not, if it does (which it does), then they should remodel it.
    Predator:
    [img width=180 height=167]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/itzahexgor/Predator.png[/img]
    X-Wing:
    [img width=180 height=131]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/itzahexgor/Xwing.jpg[/img]

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes it looks starwars bcoz starwars is popular. but the fact is, any sci fi ata fighter has the same similarity to them more or less in most settings.

v-shape, multiple wings, sleek design for a airfighter is just simply is a natural sci fi approach. its the sci fi future, the jet planes we have today would not look box like or circle shape or any other form in the future. well it could be but its unlikely. it would likely be similar to the predator or xwing etc.

the predator looks unique on its own. IMO the predator looks like a badass better version of the terran wraith.

13. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It doesn't look unique, it looks like an exact copy. Also, just because Star Wars is popular, it doesn't mean that all other science fiction ships have to look like it, an example of this being the Wraith, Viking, Battlecruiser, Nomad, Science Vessel, Valkyrie and Banshee. None of them look like Star Wars.

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

no when i said popular its the reason why you are saying the predator looks like starwarshii but what if starwars was not that popular im sure there would be no problem with the predator look. there are other sci fi setting outhere unheard of and im sure they have similar spacecraft with that of starwars. well in some anime and cartoons i saw, there are a lot of them that resemble starwars ships and yet ofcourse all of those are not copied but original ideas. the thing is like i said this starwars look for a sci fi airfighter is common its just that starwars is popular. so then there is nothing wrong with the predator looking starwars.

just check out the goliath, it resembles a lot of mech outhere i cant even start naming them. i have seen some old concept drawings of spaceships that looks like a hammerhead shark similar to the bc. banshee looks like something from halo wars and cnc, see the futuristic design of vehicles(human) doesn't really differ that much (copied or not). there is always a 90 -100 % chance that sci fi vehicles would look the same or even have some minor similarity in a sci fi setting. just check out the colossus reminds of war of the world... or better all other tripod etc. and this is not a bad thing. the idea is there but it is not copied piece by piece.

i think ive seen something that looks like the nomad before. in alien movie settings, or other unknown sci fi films. or in my dreams. =p

the fact is starwars is just popular and when we see the predator we conclude directly that is a copy cat of starwars. but it is not, we can just accept and love it (predator) the way it is unique if we just dont think starwars.

15. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    it doesnt look that much of a X-wing...

the predator has 4 sharp guns pointing out...whereas the X-wing only has 2.
    and the predator also have two things pointing at the back. with the flames in the middle.

hey, i think the predator does look unique and different, due to the fact that..it was probably derived from a wraith.
    look, take those two sharp guns in the middle (closest to the pilot seat) and put a little lasergun beneath the cockpit in the middle (like a wraith)...i see something, do you? =D
    blizzard probably thought of the predator like that.

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes and check out the predator's tail reminds me of the wraith's tail somehow. see its unlikely they copied it from starwars but rather they just improvised and made the wraith look more UPDATED. ^^

17. aMp

aMp New Member

Yeah, I mean, if they just brought back the Predator, then everyone's problems would be solved. GAH!

18. LxMike

LxMike New Member

I want the valkery to have a A-G attack because otherwise I would feel ripped off of my 150 mineral and 250 gaz

19. aMp

aMp New Member

If they just made it stronger it would be perfect. But I don't think it should also be AtG because we already have the Banshee and the Viking for that.

20. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I did love the Valkerie, but I'd rather have the Predator in SC2. The Interceptor mode sounds like a great addition to the game that'll open up a lot of new strategies. Perhaps they could put the Valkerie in Map Editor like the Firebat?