1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which zerg unit will get cut? [POLL]

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Star-Crap, Mar 20, 2008.

?

Well lets talk about the unthinkable but wut zerg unit will likely get cut or remodeled?

1. Queen

3.3%
  2. Roach

13.3%
  3. Infestor

30.0%
  4. Corruptor

13.3%
  5. Swarm Guardian

6.7%
  6. Nydus Worm

6.7%
  7. Baneling

3.3%
  8. Overseer

23.3%

Which zerg unit will get cut? [POLL]

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Star-Crap, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    ud like to see the oversser taken out, we dont need two types of overlords, and why would the over lord mutate into its vison, when in SC1 it started with it.
    Isnt that de3evolution ???
    [img width=500 height=263]http://www.faculty.iu-bremen.de/birk/lectures/PC101-2003/06mboards/site/files/images/evolution.jpg[/img]

2. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Exactly what I was thinking, but the Overseer shouldn't get cut, I think it should just get a different ability. Like maybe instead of the Overlord making creep anywhere, the Overseer can.

3. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i think the roach should be remodeled. While I like the idea, the model looks too much like the lurker. Also I don't get why BLIZZARD made the roach a range unit.

4. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

think the roach should stay. The damn lurker needs a remodle

WHy did they change the lurker in the first place. looking like a hydralisk with spider legs was insane. Now it likes like a half assed crab.... the roach i like tho but i think the corrupter looks LAME! that unit needs to go. it looks like a pink ballon and pluse its air take over effect is not cool at all. who the heck wants to lose an expensive BC or carrier to this crap??

5. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    Maybe blizzard could add a new ability for the overseer, like it has the same vision, but maybe it is the faster moving overlord and has larger range, instead of researching these. or maybe, it could be the fully dedicated air transport for the zerglings other than the nydus worm... if they make the nydus unablew to rise in certain areas

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Hey that's brilliant! They could make the Overseer a transporter instead of a detector.
    (and change the name and design :p)

7. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    lol...heres an idea for the name "The Overlord" has anyone heard that before?
    Also why do the roach and the lurker look so similar? BLIZZARD really needs to change one or both of their models.

8. FingerAssassin

FingerAssassin New Member

Im gonna guess for a Swarm Guardian Remodel ! xD

9. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Guess so.. I think it is a good idea. But the infestor needs a new model. It looks like a giant pumpkin.
    Otherwise I like it..

10. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    It was hard to choose... Your question overlaps with itself. You asked which would likely get cut or remodeled, well there is one that will be remodeled and one that will be cut...

11. Baal

Baal New Member

In the Woods...
    Remodel the Lurker and the Infestor. Lurker's too fat and Infestor resembles too much of a blob.

12. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Wish I could vote multiple times lol.

Overseers are stupid and pointless; Just make detection an upgrade if it's that big of an issue.

Infestors are stupid looking; Please get this poor guy a new model or somthing, atleast somthing that makes sense burrowing underground. There's no way that fat blob can tunnel. Defilers were way cooler!

13. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Lurkers have a new model, we just havent seen it yet, and i think out of the choices that you gave us. i think either the Queen or the Overseer will be remodeled (in sense of role) or cut from the game.

14. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Well well im really surprised that the roaches are much confused about, btw if you've check the latest screenshot of planet Char with the ever so disgusting structures-unit wannabes. If you check this picture the roach are puking down on those marines with their vile gastric acids.. and i find the roach unit a very satisfying one and also doesnt overlap with the Hydaralisk in the range department.. Btw the hydralisk IMO being moved in tier 2 is a wise choice so that the players will think twice which to optimize priorily, the only concern I have with it is the Lurker definitely needs to go down tier 2.5 unless they can give justice to make the unit worth the wait at tier 3..

Personally Ive voted for the Overseers to remodel its abilities with the overlords.. If you didnt noticed all three races before in broodwars each have their own unique air caster (Queen, Sci.vessel, Arbiter) and so far all we can see is that only the zerg hasnt moved on with the trend.. Lol, so what Im really pointing out here is that....

Overlords - Zerg basic supply.. (Big fatty alien that craps creeps for field expansion) -passive skill: creep ooze
    What I want for these ovies are the same'ol lords that we did get them to know with and adding that creeping mechanic. Upgrade 1: Armor + Movement 2: Armor + Famine(Mineral infestation) 3: Armor + Transport

Overseer - Zerg support caster (Buiilt from Lair!!) -passive skill detect
    Now since that the zerg are missing a unit in that role im creating an experimental unit for placeholding that specicfic part,, Upgrade 1: Armor + Futuresight (predicts the future of a swarm unit making it invulnerable against skill attacks for a moment) 2: Armor + Hypnotic Gaze (Confuses the targeted unit rendering it "silenced" for a moment with decreased attack vision) 3: Armor + Vile tumors!!! (squirts its BIG eye to extract 4 foul masses creep tumors that attacks a target for a maximum 300 damage if the tumors werent taken down quickly)

@ GaskMaskGuy - back at page 3 i think brilliant isnt the write adjective for recognizing a simple thought at all, having the overseers as dedicated transports? umm maybe its just me but the last time Im reading its name it said OVERSEER lol sorry for that but technically the root words dictate that it can really see too much... but note that Im not against the overlords being the transports, its just that having overseers are pointless anyways, why do zerg need to watch that far for? they are self sufficient enough to have the common overleord vision right?? well anyway lets just pray that its one of the units theyll consider to re-do ^_^

@ I2anew - well we are in a conflict with the corrupter coz i see that unit as a fair replacement for the devourers but even better at being tier 2. The models arent lame coz they look very detailed on how would they actually infest with the little maggonts on their body. The one thing that probably is missing are the scourges. Now that zerg has no instant access to early anti-air suicidal units unlike brood war (im guessing an early phoenix-overlord raid!!). So for the moment maybe we should give time for the corrupter to prove itself a little more. And we also dont have any videos of actual gameplay with the corrupters being used so....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Nice avatar freedom, but I think the poll is irrellevant now as it was made when no one knew much about the units. We need a new one so people can cast fresh votes with their increased knowledge of the Zerg units.

But yea I'd say Overseer, it just limits the Zerg's possibilities and would be a great hinderence through-out the game by wasting minerals and time just to fit one Overlord with upgrades, or should I say give one Overlord speed, and detection but it loses the other features.

Second comes the Corruptor, bad mechanic IMO.

16. Light

Light Guest

Corruptor, sorta overpowered with no real reason.

17. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i will have to say baneling or overseer

18. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I think the overseer needs to by cut.

ok lets recap, the depot can bury to make it even more wallable and you can warp soldiers into to any place within a pylons field so to balance it the overlord loses all its abilities?

also the roach will most likely be changed again, probably to a melee unit.

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Overseer should definitely be cut. The Queen, Roach, Corrupter and Baneling all work perfectly, the Infestor just needing a remodel, the Guardian needing its Broodling ability taken away and the Nydus Wyrm just needing to not act as the Zerg's primary method of transportation. There's nothing that can be done to even fix the Overseer, it's just useless. The worst all the others need is a slight tweak in their role or a remodel, but the Overseer... Eugh.

20. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Yes. Overseer needs to go.

Who wants to start a petition to gather votes and views on the Overseer to let people know that its virtually a hinderence.