1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will be the least best Protoss unit?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CallDownTheThunder, Jun 17, 2007.

What will be the least best Protoss unit?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by CallDownTheThunder, Jun 17, 2007.

1. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    eh i think the immortals are still more like the dragoons. The dragoons weren't very effective either against small units either like the zerglings. I think the immortals would be in the same support role as the dragoons backing up the zealots. I mean now you have the stalker also which was dubbed the dark dragoon. Does anyone know whether the immortals can attack air units also?

I personally think the warp ray os the least best Protoss unit lol. I'll prolly use the phoenix more for anti air cause I think building a lot of them (like 12+) for anti-fighter is the way to go and capital ships can only kill one at a time anyways. Warp rays are there just for support at the most.

2. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

imho, ye warp rays are useless

3. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

The Mothership. Before you yell and scream, the fact is, most games will probably be over before someone even gets enough resources to build it. Then you have to wait 5 minutes for it to build, and by then, you will have been killed. That is, unless, you're playing on a Money Map.

4. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea i definetly agree with that statement. plus the mothership prolly costs a buttload!

5. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

Watch this if you really think that saving for something big is impractical
    http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ishS4ifP9zQ"
    GO DREAMER WOOOOOOOOOOOOO KANG MIN FTW

6. wuffle

wuffle Member

Which no one will.
    How are they useless? Their attack is awesome. If their aren't any big units, have them target buildings. Basically just don't get them vs Zerg.

7. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

I think Warp Rays weren't designed for units but more for buildings.

8. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    eh it seems like they were promoting the warp ray in the first gameplay footage against capital ships like the battlecruiser.

9. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

lol those of you who think they're good against units, that shows how little you know about melee
    try using them against me or anyone else who knows what micro is

10. wuffle

wuffle Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. I have really never seen something like that. It was kind of halarious how they got all worked up. But at the same time I was with them. Lol. Nice video!

11. madaaa1

madaaa1 New Member

I would say immortals... sure they can tank but they are too slow on their own!

12. Heretic666)GC(

Heretic666)GC( New Member

Newfoundland
    That makes me think just how impractical it is (The carriers, if thats what you were talking about). Sure the carriers did thier damage, but there was a shit load of them and all it took was a few ghosts and goliaths to take them all out. And you can only have 1 MS. So i think that that video made me agree that MS is gonna be the worst protoss unit in SC2.

13. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

The mothership is going to be the weakest ;) I can't really judge by the gameplay video because they were pretty much all pitted against their biggest weaknesses and strengths. Plus, it's way early to know how things are going to work out. Hopefully every unit has it's place on the battlefield.

14. paragon

paragon Guest

Honestly, I don't think the mothership will cost a ton like most people are saying. If it is indeed susceptible to all these said counters, it'll probably cost about the same as a carrier maybe slightly more cause of the cool spells.

15. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

If supported properly, the Mothership should be one of the most powerful units in the game. Not to mention, lets say your fronting several attacks from different locations at once. Drop at one base assualt with main force at his main base, and an attack on an expansion with the mothership, and its laser turret. With basic base defenses, the mothership should be able to clean take down an entire defended base on its own. Not to mention a well timed black hole could cripple your opponents air fleet. Also due to the fearsome nature of the MS's abilities, you can also you use it as a decoy. Imagine a fleet of 20 hallucinated motherships?! Your opponent would be so freaked out that they would waste their army attacking the decoys while your main army cleans up. The mothership will have its uses.

16. paragon

paragon Guest

I'll be so pissed if/when my fleet gets blackholed. It's bound to happen at least once.

17. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

The blackhole spell will be a serious balancing issue. Don't be surprised if the span of the black hole is decreased sometime after the games release.

18. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

atleast bcs can still yamato while being sucked in

19. CallDownTheThunder

CallDownTheThunder New Member

i promise you im you fight me you wont be able to get a mothership :)

20. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

i promise you i will ^_^