1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your favorite new Terran Unit/Building?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 17, 2007.

?

What is your favorite new Terran Unit known so far?

1. Reaper

23.0%
  2. Thor

23.0%
  3. Viking

18.6%
  4. Marauder

15.0%
  5. Medivac Dropship

3.5%
  6. Banshee

9.7%
  7. Jackal

1.8%
  8. Nomad

5.3%

What is your favorite new Terran Unit/Building?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Re: What is your favorite new Terran Unit/Building known so far?

*gasp* Copywright infringement!!! This is a knock off of my protoss one :p

Anyways, I didn't vote, it seems far too early to be voting on this. However, if I had to pick one, I would say the Viking, because like Remy said, its tactical abilities are just awesome! (doesn't it remind you of Starscream?)

2. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I really, really like the new supply depots but my vote goes to the viking. How cool will it be to have vikings come swooping in to provide air support and then switch to ground mode to help mop up the ground forces.

BTW I had a thought and wasn't sure where to put it. Do you think that the viking will replace the goliath?

3. DontHate

DontHate New Member

I like all of them but tbh, i must vote for the thor. I mean c'mon! look at him. He's also a friggin thunder god.

4. Zeratul

Zeratul New Member

Viking closely followed closely by thor. But viking takes the prize seeing as we actually know one of its abilities (to transform) whereas all we know about thor are that they are badass.

Just thinking about the sensor dome... am I right in thinking that it works more or less like parasite of the queen or is it that you see the whole race? Cause I either see it rarely being used due to working like parasite or just being a master intelligence gathering machine.

Also how does supply work? Buries itself underground so its invisible? Or is it like an add extra defense thing?

5. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes they can be defensive walls and then you can also bury them underground so that (your) units can past through etc.

thor! ftw! 8)

6. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT

yea command centers do give supplies and do does the nexus. The hatcheries however don't (or actually just 1 supply lol) ^_^

7. Zeratul

Zeratul New Member

Zerg players generally build lots of hatcheries anyway so it evens that out almost.

As for supplies, that would be alright I guess, more or less can do the same thing with barracks or factories in sc1 though except lifting/landing will presumably take longer than submerging or more importantly maybe reamerging.

8. burkid

burkid New Member

that is exactly what i was thinking! vikings are gonna kick ass!

9. burkid

burkid New Member

marines will have more health and stims. and reapers might not have an air attack. and reapers might do less damage.

10. capthavic

capthavic New Member

^^^ and because reapers looked less powerful and shorter ranged. Maries are more front line where as reapers are better for hit-and-run tactics.

11. Gah345

Gah345 New Member

I think the vikings are going to be very useful because of their versatility. If the enemy has anti air defences, switch to mech mode. If ground, then fighter mode. It also allows you to take the mech, put it in fighter mode, fly over terrain and then drop back into mech wherever you want.

12. burkid

burkid New Member

or it might have ground and air attacks in both forms.

13. Meloku

Meloku New Member

I love them all! and they are all great examples of how humans would really adapt if starcraft was real.

but I believe the thing that is the 'most terran' would be the planetary fortress XD

14. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

Reapers will most likely not have an air attack, I've been saying this from day one along with immortals. Reapers are also a more specialized unit, where your marines are just the general goodness.

As for Viking Fighter, I seriously doubt in will have air and ground attack in both forms. My guess is air attack only in air form and ground attack only in ground form.

15. Gah345

Gah345 New Member

I agree with Remy
    If Vikings had an air and ground attack in both forms, that would be all you needed to make an army. They would be soo cheap. ill settle for air to air and ground to ground. Even that is a reasonably good combination. I wonder how long wit will take to transform between modes. Likely the viking will be immobile during this process.

When confronted and you realize you need more air coverage you probably will not be able to switch instantly. When switching they are probably defenceless. Seems fair tho. you will just need to be more prepared.

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not double post.

I find it interesting that Thor has the most picks as the best unit when we have no clue what it does.

16. Ych

Ych New Member

I think the time it takes the Viking to transform would be around the same time that it takes for the Siege tank to switch mode. That way, you can't abuse its form. And yes, I also agree with Remy that if changed into air, it would only have an air attack, and if changed to ground, it would have a ground attack.

Actually, I also have another idea. Maybe in it's ground mode, it would act as an anti-air unit like a Goliath anti-air missle. But it won't be able to shoot ground units. But when changed into air mode, it would become a bomber, but unable to hit air units (like the Guardians). I actually think that would be more unique. What do you guys think?

17. Gah345

Gah345 New Member

Yeah that does sound cool
    anti air in ground form and anti ground in air form

18. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I was actually thinking the same thing. It would still be very useful but in my opinion, far less abusable. This way you couldn't fly over some missile turrets, turn them all into mechs and just start wreaking havoc on the enemy base.

19. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast

I have actually considered that same idea, but while interesting indeed, I still believed that it is more likely that it will have air attack in air form and ground attack in ground form.

Of course it still remains as a possibility.  But if that's the case, that makes it even less likely for the wraith(or equilvalent) to make a return, which I believe will not be the case.  The viking fighter would almost certainly be the premier tactical air unit of the Terran in that case.

A ground attacking air unit with decent damage potential is better than a ground attacking ground unit with an air form IMO, especially at tier 2, so I find it unlikely.

20. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i hope it transform a little longer than the siege tanks going to siege modes. maybe for 3 seconds just for balancing.

yah, i like the idea. but in the image they have guns (gatling like) so maybe they are only anti ground if they are in mech form and so on. anyway any of the 2 is nice and not imba.