1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Intel

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Rex, Jan 5, 2008.

What is Intel

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Rex, Jan 5, 2008.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    That is very subjective. There is no right answer because it depends on what you do but for MOST home users a dual core is the right choice and some could survive on a single core

2. Rex

Rex New Member

Whats the advantage of having multiple cores? So what is the point of my quad? I usually like to play game without lag, and sometimes run a few things, but thats rare.

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Multiple cores let you run more programs at the same time. With a multi core you could do a virus scan at the same time as a game.

Lag has many contributing factors and just getting a better processor won't fix it all

4. Rex

Rex New Member

SO what is my quad's specialty? And the Intel extreme does what? I don't really understand, but I understand the more you have the better multitasking/running programs. And the site is messed, my Collect Items are out of place, same with my pets.

5. gtx75

gtx75 New Member

the quad core you have just a locked multiplier and has 4 cores, which in intel's design, 2 dual cores glued together. the extreme editions have unlocked multipliers i believe... and runs at high speeds. you cant change their multipliers but you can increase their front side bus to make it faster. i heard that the intel quadcore q6600 is a great overclocker