1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to the GIANT THOR

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Dragon God, Dec 2, 2008.

What happened to the GIANT THOR

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Dragon God, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    You don't play WoW much do ya?

Anyway back on topic from what I have heard, admittedly not much though I know a starcraft fanatic who keeps me up to date(mostly) The thor has a moderately powerful ground attack at a normal rate of fire, the air attack as a similar RoF and bonus versus armored, while it has what was described to me as a "Flack Cannon" And from what I've seen is that it is one of the two hard counters to terrains current weakness, massed light air. Again I this is off of my "source" who could be wrong and on top of that the info is 2 weeks dated so it could be wrong, btw the Thor is Massive classified and is still as large as it used to be.

2. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Wow is a bit different its hard to balance when you update things so often and have all their classes that you have to make even its almost like if you had 10 different races in Sc2 that you had to add new content to and balance at the same time all while having people complain 24/7 when they get beat.

Even with this look at how many people play wow and also the fact is people still play there class its normally more about skill then anything and also you have to remember there are a lot of little kids that play wow too (I personally don't play that game although i used to back in the day but a kid I know does and iv messed with his char from time to time so i know whats up and whats still up)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  3. wodan46

wodan46 New Member

World of Starcraft should be on the way soon enough. So far, Starcraft has followed the same pattern as Warcraft:

1. Make an old but good game.
    2. Release an expansion for it soon after
    3. Do nothing with it for a while
    4. Make a new game for it, which is in a different genre
    5. Work on it for years, then cancel it.
    6. Release a next gen version of the original game, with a meaty expansion coming soon after, but the package is plagued with delays because...
    7. You are trying to make an MMO for the setting at the same time.

Given that there is an MMO on the way, it isn't a new IP, the SC2 team is relatively small, Diablo 3 is not it, and WOW isn't likely going to be replaced by WOW2 when it makes this much money as it is, WOS is the most logical explanation.

4. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Blizzard has stated that their current MMO project is not related in any way to any of their series that they have right now.

5. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    And Blizzard knows how much fans would hate a Starcraft MMORPG, unless it played like Ghost.

6. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

lolols world of clowncraft

[​IMG]

7. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Canada
    That was pretty disturbing.

8. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I prefer the first Thor !!

The new one has no "cool" form

I liked the previous special guns the Thor used to destroy resistant units and structures

9. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

"Blizzard has stated that their current MMO project is not related in any way to any of their series that they have right now."

I'd love it if that were true, but what's the source on that?

People pointed me to a video on youtube where nothing of the kind was said. (We had Morhaime refusing to say whether it was connected or not, since he wasn't ready to do the announcement yet.)

10. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    hmmm world of starcraft.
    soo lets say that they were making it.
    i'd think you first choose which race you'll be (zerg/terran/protoss)
    and the you start from the training class (zergling/marine/zealot)
    and work up from there, getting upgrades and specializing in classes (wraith/goliath/ultralisk/guardian/mothership/carrier etc).
    buying new weapons, doing quests, traveling to different planets.
    IMO this would be a FPS. I thought blizzard would do this eventually.
    then with the higher level players (top 100) would be basicly generals/cerebrates/excexuters and lead armies of other people to join in a big war where team work and strategy would work best, the objective to either destroy all players or a certain object/building or fight over a temple (if you read the books) and whoever controls it for a set amount of time wins.

of coarse no game is complete without lag!
    which i hope blizzard would have a good lag control system (we can all hope for lag control)

11. Symph0ny

Symph0ny New Member

Dallas
    Please no World of Starcraft. I'm sure it would be awesome, but I don't want it to rape the starcraft lore like what has happened to Warcraft :(

12. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    I cant remember the specific source, but I do remember them saying something along those lines. I'll try to find it tho, it will just take a while.

13. wodan46

wodan46 New Member

If Starcraft is made into an MMO, I vote that it be something along the lines of Planetside, IE a FPS/MMO hybrid with vehicular combat. A more pure RPG style MMO doesn't really fit with the fast paced action and slaughter of Starcraft.

Another possibility is that players act not as singular units, but as commanders of small squadrons of around 4-8 guys and a vehicle or two. Hence, a 20 player vs. 20 player battle might feature something like 240 Infantry and 60 Vehicles fighting.

Expanding on that, the different class roles of MMOs would be reflected by your choice of units, for Starcraft units tend to be specialized anyways.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  14. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    So either the awesome choice of PlanetSide or the new Dawn of War where it's squad based?

15. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

I think it would be nice to have a MMO for starcraft yet it should not be based on what is happening in starcraft the computer game or have its missions based on it or somthing.