1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does the terran army still need?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jun 16, 2008.

What does the terran army still need?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jun 16, 2008.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Disagree, terran was the weakest race in vanila.

Right now, im wondering, where does the banshee fit in? Is it single target damage with a cloak? Is it any good?

I like the helion, i can see it being very useful.

I dont like the medivac, and i dont like the Thor. I want to know more about the viking and i think it should be able to shoot GtA

2. jamvng

jamvng New Member

The Viking is cool for sure as AtA.
    And yes I'm a little skeptical still w/ the Medivac, because you need medics in the beginning to be able to put pressure on Zerg, but then again marines now have that HP upgrade which is a great help.. so you never know. also it's not really that hard to fast tech to Dropships so..

As for the Thor, I actually like it, it goes perfect with the Siege Tanks, it can take damage for the Tanks while the the Tanks deal the damage. the Mech Rebirth ability just helps so much. Thor + Siege Tank = Good Game... haha joking i dunno yet.

anyways im not that worried bout the balancing of units, I'm pretty sure that wen the beta starts, all the units will be refined and balanced and will find a role.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  3. DeathRot

DeathRot New Member

i think bring back the medic to a early tier like tier 1 isnt a good choice just think the triple mmm combo marauder marine and medic would rape any tier 1 unit in their path with the terran new abilityfor the barrack to have add on that increase the production of the infantry units to 2 in 1 time which can outproduce either protoss or zerg and marauders can slow no zealot or zergling would be able to reach the line and i think marauders hit organic units pretty hard unless they bring medic to tier 2 or find a way to rebalance i think bring medic back to tier 1 isnt a great choice which is imba rather

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  4. jamvng

jamvng New Member

I think you're right DeathRot, I forgot to account Maurauders into the situation. In TvZ, with Maurauders slowing down organic units and Marines having more HP, Medics would not be needed as much in early game. If you need healing the Medivac is a good alternative I guess, it'll create a lot of new strategies with it being a lot more mobile. Imagine someone using the dropship to pick up Marines who are about to die. And without Scourges in SC2, you won't have to worry as much as you did in SC1, where people would pick off Science Vessels with Scourges.

5. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

The main issue i have with marines and marauders and no medics is stim pack.

Lets be honest, the true power of marines was the fact you can stim pack them pre-battle and medics would heal them, so they double their firepower. Without medics, a stim pack is near useless early game. If you use it, you've just taken 1/5 of your troops' health and a mobile zerg/protoss will just walk back and return, you know how micro intensive early game is...Plus, while scourges are not in the game, picking off drop ships or medivacs will be easy still. The drop ship had 150hp, it was taken down so fast you cant even say drop ship.

While marauders provide a stronger early game than firebats, the lack of medics will be noticed especially vs zerg. And probably protoss as well.

Making dropships healers to make an illusion that it will make terrans more mobile is a cheap way to solve a problem.

Bring back the medic.

Bring back the Drop Pods on ghosts and make them loadable, meaning you can drop units on the battle field with ghosts.

6. Knekten

Knekten Guest

I think terran need a unit that can drop mines like the vulture. lots of fun and tactical options when you have mines and it fits in to the feeling of the Terran army.

but maybe some unit already has that and i missed it?

7. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Nighthawk can drop spider mines at a cost of 25 energy.

8. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Yes it can. But there are a lot of detectors late game. So mines are too helpful, unless you kill every detector that comes by the mine field.

9. freestyLes

freestyLes New Member

I like fire's idea^

Protoss has mothership, give the terrans a muthafken death star. not some wannabe seige tank (thor). We needs to blow stuff to hell too!

P.S. protoss = fail.

10. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    yea bring medics and pods

You know what?
    the drop pods actually can be very effective.
    But you would need a building that could hold the pods (say like 60 marines with medics)
    and it would be good game unless they had lurks/colosai/tanks.
    I was always wondering why they took the medic out of SC2.
    I mean really, marines get raped by anything that has more hp than they have, medics only slow down the rate or save the marine.
    The medivac, is a piece of poo, since its an air unit, it would take a few seconds to destroy it if you have hydras, multis or any AA unit.
    Medivacs should've been never made, unless you ran out of women who want to die in the skys instead of the battlefield.
    Medivacs have 1 purpose: quick strikes when you have no medics.
    lets say you have 24 marines and 3 medivacs, load up the marines and (if they heal onboard which they should)assualt a base or outpost.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE MEDIC, TERRAN ROCK WITH IT AND SUCK WITHOUT IT

11. aem1

aem1 New Member

Cali
    - imo they should bring back the medics for early game and have an upgrade for drop ships to become a medivac when a medic is inserted-late game
    -i still prefer the ghosts original design
    -bring back drop pods pls!!!
    -if they do bring back the drop pod, they should come out of the ghost academy and let nukes come out of the munitions depot

question- would the auto turrets from nighthawks be re-deployable or is it like a set amount each nighthawk has or does it just have a cd to it?