1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weaker terran?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Tankman131, Mar 13, 2008.

Weaker terran?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Tankman131, Mar 13, 2008.

1. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I think blizzard is putting (as it should be) more emphasis on balance than on symmetry. It has been trying to differentiate the races more and more, which I think is a great thing. If the terrans don't have a super unit, I'm sure blizzard will make up for that somehow and somewhere.

2. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Yes, they said that they want to make bigger differences between races, so balancing is the most important thing in the current process.
    We are far from the finished game

3. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    The Queen isn't even like a super unit- it can be killed by a Ultralisk or 2 (rumors) and its functions are like a hero but it is not a hero, the Queen is more of a base defense

4. Exterranminator

Exterranminator New Member

Now i saw the new build-tree for terran. If radar dome is screwed, terran chances seems to dramaticaly dicrease. Zerg and protoss can just teleport inside the terran base or ambush them from any direction. Zerg infestors can sneak and turn our buildings god damned freak nest. Now, when the missile turet is no longer detector, they can just kill the sensor dome and kill us with there lurker-infestor combo without any problems.

thats only my feelings and i hope to being wrong.

EDIT: ok, now i know, that terran will have radar ability, thanks Wick

5. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Hm interesting, I think they want to make extremely weak spots for each races. I can't really name them, but I think this is going to happen in order to make the differences bigger.

6. Ych

Ych New Member

If you guys haven't watched the gameplay video for Zerg vs Protoss, please watch them. It's from the Korea press event.

3 Zealots took out a Queen in no time. The queens looks like a giant pussy trying to run for cover. They are far from been a super-unit. They are just a unique defensive mechanism that the Zerg acquired in SC2.

7. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    "Super Unit" was just bad wording on Blizzard's part. You have to look at the logic behind units to see why they are limited to only one per player. The Mothership is just the alien equivelant of human flagships, which are chosen for better armor, weapons, or just for that ship's (good) reputation. Regarding the Queen, pretty much all eusocial (hive) insects have one and only one queen, which produces all of the workers for the colony, and new born queens are sent to start their own colonies or killed to keep the original at the top. Besides, if you look at the MS/Queen's stats, they're not all that big and scary. The MS (according to SC2Armory, not sure if their data is true or not) has only 100 more shields and health than a Carrier, and does 16 more damage. The tier 1 queen is a pansy, it only has 160 health, It's tier 3 has 600, same as the ultralisk.

8. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

yea super unit is just a statement used by blizz at the first showing of the MS to get every one existed. And in the end it has come back to hurt them. Now every fan site flips when the MS gets a nurf and we all flipped when the queen was released. The queen is meant to protect her hive and keep it safe, and the MS is the protos flag ship.