1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VULTURES

Discussion in 'Terran' started by earwhen, May 27, 2007.

VULTURES

Discussion in 'Terran' started by earwhen, May 27, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

Don't most people stick a detector near their minerals? I always do... In which case that strategy is not really that effective. Plus I would move my workers away so your vultures would have to follow in order to kill them and then you run into my army and I detonate your mines from a safe distance with tanks or something. So, that strategy would really only work on bad players.

2. TEDurden

TEDurden New Member

Yeah, i never found vultures that useful, so i don't care if they're gone in SC II. If they stay though, they need to change their abilities a lot, like how you could only build 3 spider mines? that ability was pretty worthless, in my opinion.

3. deminemi

deminemi New Member

at the very least you should be able to lay more than 3 spider mines before you have to suicide your vultures and make some new ones, maybe they can give the vultures a carrier-like ability so that you can just build more, that would be pretty cool

4. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

if they get rid of vultures then jimmy will no longer have his uber ride :p

5. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Jimmy has Hyperion...he doesn't need a more uber ride  :p And I'm sure after 10 years, he'd get an even more badass ride

6. TEDurden

TEDurden New Member

Make jimmy a reaper. Problem solved :good:

7. paragon

paragon Guest

Hyperion with a protoss shield. Now thats what I'm talkin about.

8. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

No one really begins placing detectors in an early game unless they know for sure that the enemy is going to rush air. It's possible (and quite common) to get in vultures to harass the resource patch. Normally a group of four vultures would rape all gatherers with force fire, you won't get away with many and if you do pull your workers off, you just reduce economy.

Reapers would make excellent "early-bird" skirmishers, but seeing as the game progresses and the fact that they use dual pistols... I am sure they would not be used so frequently.

Resource management anyone? :p

9. paragon

paragon Guest

Having living workers is a lot better than having dead workers. And reduces your economy considerably less.
    And I generally put a turret near my command center towards the beginning just in case.

10. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

But that's the whole point of the resource patch harassment, it's really unexpected. Have you ever been rushed on a drop? Sometimes I would not be even thinking about the enemy getting there, but to my surprise... SURPRISE! Besides, not a lot of people follow what you do. So it really varies from player to player, but most of the time, the Vultures work.

11. DontHate

DontHate New Member

ah, i'll miss those annoying fag glasses dudes :upset:

12. thiefingdude

thiefingdude New Member

vulture is a must have!!!
    i lvoe those fast moving guys...

13. paragon

paragon Guest

I figure the resources are the first thing someone would go for. Thats what I would do. Why engage someone's primary defenses or army if you can cripple them?

14. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Raynor's hero unit had Protoss shields.

I think he didn't love Kerrigan anymore for Fenix's hot Dragoon body... which is why he's so pissed after Kerrigan killed Fenix.

15. Ych

Ych New Member

I agree with the TC.
    I think the Reapers will be alot better at harrassing then the Vultures.

As seen from the video, Reapers are probably going to be easily massed, is very small, and most likely have the same tech-tree as the Firebats. Not to mention, they can jump cliffs. Vultures are mostly used for harrassment against workers, or against Protoss users. Reapers looks like they can replace all that but more. They are a lot more Versatile than the Vultures because they can also take on the big units + buildings, which the Vulture simply couldn't. (As seen it takes out Immortals and Protoss Pylon at reasonable speed). They are also alot smaller than Vultures, which is easier for them to stack together when attacking. Not to mention, they will probably be dirt cheap and probably be buildable during very early stage of the game.

They only think that the Vultures have over the Reapers is the spider-mines. But other than that, I really think the Reapers is going to be a lot more useful than the Vultures because they just seem to be a lot more versatile than the Vultures in every way.

16. paragon

paragon Guest

Are you saying Raynor wanted to buttsex Fenix?
    1) Thats gross
    2) no
    3) no
    4) definitely no
    5) you're sick, no
    6) He's got the hots for Kerrigan and her psionic powers. You know what they say about psionics... they're good in the sack.

17. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

maybe theyll upgrade the vulture? maybe they can attack a unit above on a cliff while stationary on the ground below? reapers have developed the perspective of a vulture, but the vultures are as much devastating as the reapers

18. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Fenix's Dragoon shell was not particularly "hot", seeing as he says: "I now reside within the cold shell of a Dragoon." When explaining to Tassadar why he hasn't kicked the bucket like everyone told him before returning to Aiur.

And also, Jimbo got pissed because his best 'Toss buddy got killed and because he desired Kerrigan's booty as long as it was human, which it isn't right now, so now he's stuck with a dead friend AND a germ-ridden, slime-covered, mucus+booty of a Zerg/Human psionic hybrid thing he'd actually like to stay away from unless intimacy translates to "poppin' a cap in yo' a$$, b1tch fo' icin' mah homeboy".

19. paragon

paragon Guest

Thing is they wouldn't have two things that have the exact same purpose. The reaper fills the purpose of the vulture except for the spider mine ability.

20. lilchibikun

lilchibikun New Member

i guess so then.