1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote for this site!

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by mc2, Aug 8, 2007.

Vote for this site!

1. -LT-

-LT- New Member

We have 129 votes and Scumedit - SCED has 196. Just a little bit and we'll be the first.

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

We're so freaking awesome.

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    We got a new banner! I don't like it but who cares what I like? ;D

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

XD
    imaGiNe. made it at my prompting.....Sorry Kuvasz >_<

5. LilSniper

LilSniper Guest

Don't forget that our sites are partnered/affiliated. We need not make this a competition. ;)
    It's true, eventually Starcraft 2 Forum will surpass SCED, but that's just the facts. You guys are more active. Anyways, just sharing my two cents. :)

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well hello thar newbie. Fell free to create an introduction thread (do it after LT goes offline) so we can properly welcome you

As for the vote thing  we technically are winning because we have almost 200 votes while Scumedit only has 100.  They cheated by becoming a premium member

7. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Where? I don't see any new banner. ???

LOL I will come back very soon to welcome you. XD

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    We have a new banner on the vote site

9. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I see the same old banner. Strange...

10. Dylan

Dylan Guest

/agree

We did not "cheat". We simply payed for premium membership to see the difference in paying and not paying. I feel ScumEdit is the only site that actually cares about it affiliation. We give you an icon on every page, we get a small mention on the main page. Please don't make this into a competition for votes.

P.S. We are actually only 40 votes away, not 100. O_O

11. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    ??? Are you guys from one of those sites? I'm totally confused now. As far as I know, sc2forum.org isn't paying anything, which is why we don't have a 'premium member' frame and no larger letters and no 100 votes, etc.
    Which makes our victory... well, overwhelming ;)

12. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I still think it is unfair for anyone to get free votes just for paying someone. Seems to me like a BRIBE

13. -LT-

-LT- New Member

We're still the best. No matter what. :good:

14. LilSniper

LilSniper Guest

We actually didn't cheat. We tested the effects of becoming a premium member for one month. Now we realize that it isn't worth it, but it can't hurt to try it out. We don't plan on purchasing premium membership again.

And yes, I am the owner of SCED, not some random "Newbie." I do agree with Dylan, who is also a member of SCED. I feel like we are one of the few Starcraft 2 sites that actually treat their affiliates with the deserved respect. In other words, if one of our members said "We are better than Starcraft 2 Forum" we would argue against them and say that both sites have their advantages and neither is necessarily better. All I am asking is for a little more respect...the same respect we give you, considering the fact that our sites are affiliated. Meh, it's just a suggestion.

15. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Mm. Self righteous. Cool.

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    There's a difference between being an affiliate and having a gigantic link on our homepage.

I believe our administrator is a bit more interested in putting Starcraft 2 information in that space rather than an affiliate's ad.

I would think you would be happy to be affiliated with the premier Starcraft 2 fansite....

This forum is by far the most active, not to mention troll free.

Anyway guys, keep up the voting. Only another 60 or so to go. :D

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    @ Sniper I was not trying to insult you I was commenting on the fact this is the first you have posted. It had nothing to do with the forum vote thing.

My comment was that I believe the whole Premium members thing getting free votes is crap because then it alters the statistics making public opinion look like something it is not and if you don't think it is worth it more power to you.

18. LilSniper

LilSniper Guest

I am clearly happy with being an affiliate with this community. I greatly respect your administrator and almost all of this site's members. Why do you think we agreed to partner with this site and announce what an honor it is. Starcraft 2 Forum is the most active...its true. I am actually happy for you guys; however, its important to note that our sites have vastly different focuses. Ours, as you can clearly see, is modding.

Regarding the fact that this site didn't make an announcement, it's not a big deal, but I can just say that your administrator can probably speak for himself. ;)

+minerals to BirdofPrey...from the few that I actually have.I know you had good intentions and you were just directing me in the right location :good:

Edit: Just saying that I am ending the conversation now. I don't want to make a big fuss over something minor. I apologize for bringing this up in the first place.

19. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Please remember to keep voting!!!!!

We're still down by 80 votes and its almost the 20th of October. 10 Days to get 100 votes!!!!

Start CLICKING!

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I need an automatice voting machine or at least something to remind me to vote every day