1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viking

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jul 22, 2007.

?

What kind of ground attack is the best for the viking?

1. The one it has now.

66.7%
  2. fast rate, low damage

33.3%
  3. small minigun-style splash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Viking

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jul 22, 2007.

1. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

Nope the reapers got the mines. And as a previous poster was so fond of saying: Cobras are pretty different from vultures. Vultures were anti-infantry. Cobras are anti-armor and can also attack air.

I think that the vikings might take on some of the vulture's old role of being there in problem spots (both on air and ground) and taking out infantry.

2. eskudero

eskudero New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

i think you are right about the vikings,i see them as antiinfantry and antiair versatile fighters,but i see them fragile against dedicated AA and heavy ground units as tanks.thats to say,good against capital ships and infantry,bad against light air and heavy ground

3. Drafter

Drafter New Member

Other than being a good anti-infantry they also looked useful against siege which aren't transformed into siege mode yet...oh and they look fragile,their hp might be low.

4. string_me_along

/\ they'll also make nice raiders. They can fly in, take light damage from missile turrets then proceed to destroy said turrets for a major drop from dropships of siege tanks and what not. or they can just drop down, murder the workers and then fly back to freedom. It's a little more difficult with the protoss, though. As phase cannons can hit ground and air.

Their best roles may be Terran v. Terran (though something should be said for annihilating zerglings)

5. Drafter

Drafter New Member

i agree with the annihilating zerglings possibly cause zergling are also a great threat when they come in numbers...other than that they still sounded awful...they sounded like homer simpson.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Well if they encounter zerglings they should take the out relatively quickly and if there's too many lings just lift off.

7. Drafter

Drafter New Member

oh yeah,totally forgot about the transform to air unit part...they only attack air when they are turned into air units,right?

8. string_me_along

/\ correct

edit:
    That's when the hydralisks start spitting and finish them off.

The DT took one down easily enough (what one or two hits? it's difficult to tell with the cloaking). The mobility is awesome, and they can dish out some damage. But they are primarily base raiders and support... if there's any significant firepower directed at them, they're going down.

9. Drafter

Drafter New Member

^ I'm always right,I just put right?isn't it?ain't it?to look more....erm....gentle? <<< wow I did it again didn't I?again?<<<see?<<<

10. The Vision

The Vision New Member

I like the gun that they have at the moment. But i would not object if they were to change it to a low damage, fast rate of fire gun. They are some of my favourite units in SC2 so far

11. Drafter

Drafter New Member

Viking is unlikely to change,though.every unit that are officially reveal in the official starcraft2 website must probably are the confirmed ones.

12. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    wow. this thread is focused on lightmare's post instead of the real topic. common guys. just stick to the topic and power him down if you really want to.

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    well, you cant be 100% sure about that. The warp ray thingie have been on the official site for a long time, but they have changed it into the "dark" warp ray now, and as far as I know they have not updated it on the official site.

14. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    The point is there is nothing to this topic but someone trying to make a visual effect seem like more than it actually is. There is nothing to discuss here, its obvious what it really is and what the Vikings abilites are.

Anyway, I think it times to close/end this thread or whatever.

15. Drafter

Drafter New Member

So what you mean is that there maybe changes in startcraft2 ?

16. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    absolutely. They got a lot of balancing and stuff to do.
    Many things have already been changed;
    Mothership changed
    Reaver scrapped
    Bat scrapped(not 100%sure about that tho)
    Soul hunter scrapped
    Tempest scrapped/remade into carrier

Many things will change before the release.

17. Drafter

Drafter New Member

Why did they even scrap firebats from mutliplayer/single player game...wait....its not a total scrap..

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    the bat and all the other dead units will live on in the editor, but the point is;
    units that have been officially revealed can be changed as much as unreaveled units.
    the warp ray, tempest and mothership where all changed, and they where all well-known units that had been uncovered a long time ago.

Oh and by the way! If the Viking ground attack where changed into fast low damage it would make a perfect infantry-killer, and that would be perfect since the Cobra pwns big units! Combining them would be great!

19. Drafter

Drafter New Member

They said all other unit that didn't make it to sc2 will be in the world editor?I did recall hearing that other than the firebats.Yeah units that have a lot complain are probably remodel/reset.

20. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

vikings ground attack should be like the goliaths...