1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viking Fighter's name sux, let's find it a new one!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Remy, Jul 18, 2007.

Viking Fighter's name sux, let's find it a new one!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Remy, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    How about "wrai-liath" for a joke name? Or "goli-wraith."

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    LOL! Wrai-liath rolls off the tongue much easier that Goli-wraith does. It should be the name for some sort of cross between Wraiths and Goliaths,... Too bad they don't have one already. lol, jk. :p

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    This thread makes me cry. I don't really understand why there's much of a difference, or at least an arguable difference, between direct replacement of the Wraith and the Goliath and simply expanding on their basic concept....

From what I got of Remy's and Itzahexgor's arguments, they're saying pretty much the same thing but in opposite terms. The Wraith, for all practical purposes, could be considered to not even have an ATG attack because it was so weak. But its AA was extremely powerful.

Therefore, the Viking has completely taken over the purpose of the Wraith, even without an ATG attack. Since the Viking has this AA attack, it therefore has the qualities of the Goliath so long as it is in air form. Personally, I would rather have a large fleet of Wraiths than Goliaths for the purposes of mobility. Therefore, it has taken on the job of the Goliath's GTA attack as well, but is not a direct replacement for it.

Finally, it fulfills the Goliath's role and improves upon the Wraith's ability to counter land units and support seige units.

I really don't see where this argument stemmed from...

4. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

it stemmed from hexgor's insistance on that the wriath's ground attack is so useful that you can kill ultras with it...

5. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Right. Which is an absurd statement.

6. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    yes........

do u think it'd be cool if starcraft made little themes for the races like they did in halo? (e.g. humans had warhogs, pelicans, scorpions.... they were all named after animals, then the elites, they had banshees, ghosts, wraiths, phantoms.... and named after different spirit things) but of course i would only want this if it was a new concept, like, if halo had never thought of it, nor did anyone else...... so?

7. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    ...I acutally like Wraliath as silly and odd as it is.

I'm going to wind up mumbling this all day tomorrow.

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I'll drink to that.
    The reason I pointed out the Wraith's Air-to-Ground attack was mainly to show that the Viking wasn't its direct replacement. The Air-to-Ground attack may have been weaker, but it was still usable, unlike the Viking flyer. Similar thing with the Goliaths Ground-to-Air.

9. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Well I was just confused as to where the disagreement was. You and Remy were saying basically the same thing except in reversed wording.