Unit Upgrades

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Skyblades, Mar 23, 2008.

?

Which Protoss Upgrade seems best?

1. Turret Zealot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tears Of Death Zealot

50.0%
  3. Zealot Mass Transplanting

50.0%
  4. Deadly Space Chicken Cannon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Your Mom Battle Armor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Unit Upgrades

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Skyblades, Mar 23, 2008.

1. LxMike

LxMike New Member

your mom battle armor FTW!!!

2. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    Written is response to DontHate

Fair enough. (a little overly negative sounding, but i guess I have no choice but to accept that my ideas are bad.)

Since i have now discovered that my ideas are bad, I might as well ask people to put up their own ideas, since absolutely nobody seems to give any ideas except for comments. Please.

I have one idea still left in my head:
    this one is for buildings.
    This upgrade adds a large extra shield over a zone with Pylon power or at least one building in it. It merely adds a extra defense for your base from forces outside the field. This field blocks Lurkers, Siege Tanks, Ghosts, Hydralisks, Thors, Battleships, and any ranged weaponry being used to attack from the outside. It has more energy to withstand the attack when more Pylons are also in the field. This will help Protoss when they are under heavy attack, and will hold off air units for a short time until they have at least something to shoot back with. This field has several disadvantages. Any unit can pass through the shield, excluding air forces, who must sit above and shoot. Melee units can pass through, and they can help attack the shield (you have to command them to instead of auto targeting them). Photon Cannons cannot fire through-- the player must send their forces out of the shield to attack an enemy outside. Pretty balanced, I'd say. Plus it will look cool to suddenly see your Tank shot be stopped by an invisible field.

Speaking of invisible field, the shield only appears fully when it is falling or has just activated. A way to easily find out of there is a shield is to see if a strange watery ripple forms when the unit passes through it.

You can only create this after a certain number of upgrades, and your must have at least two Pylons in the area the shield is going up over.

A disadvantage to it is that you cannot change the size of the field, so if you just want to protect a small base, the field will stretch out a small distance, allowing enemies to easily attack your base without difficulty. It is only good for very large bases.

3. Aside)-

Aside)- New Member

Charge ability is the best. Nothing more effective than being able to surround your opponent's forces quickly.