1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unit Redesigns

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by ArchLimit, Aug 20, 2007.

?

Two Options available per unit; Please choose your preference for each

1. Existing Cobra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cobra Redesign

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Colossus Beam (Red)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Colossus Beam (Blue)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Reaper Dual Pistols

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Reaper/Firebat Cross

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Unit Redesigns

1. vinzel

vinzel New Member

you're right Colossus looks better with blue beam, the Cobra should be redesign, the Reapers are great with 2 pistols (the firebat is useless) and you miss something the Siege Tank should STAY AS IT WAS IN Starcraft Original !

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Hmm the new cobra is a little to bulky it isn't a main battle tank it is more of a raider type unit meant to go fast. The redesign makes it look too heavy.

I frankly don't care what color the colosuss' beams are but the original red beams seem to fit with that type of weapon designed to burn swaths in the ground

I prefer the reapers with the pistols instead of trying to make the reaper a firebat clone it would be better if someone just made the pistols look more like real weapons since as they are they are much to big and blocky

3. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well i think cobra must be redesighn, because based on my observation, it looks like a very ordinary unit.
    peace :thumbup:

4. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    The redesigns look nice, I hope Blizzard will change the originals, like they done with the Siege tank

5. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

the problem with the cobra is its speed

I like the blue beam better because of it fits with the original pys blades of the zealotes

and the reaper is a cool base rading unit not a crowed control unit like the FB was

6. JBL

JBL New Member

ArchLimit, your Cobra is infinetely better, but I understand that it would look a bit crappier if it was in the game.

7. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Of course it would, it has a lower polygon count. It's just the different skin and design. It could easily be moved up to the standards of actual gameplay.

The problem is that it would look much more realistic than the other Starcraft II units because Blizzard seems happy (as of now) to settle for the usual craptoons.

8. paragon

paragon Guest

My problem with the current one (and yours) is that I'd think the terrans would be more utilitarian in their designs rather than flashy and showy like the protoss. However, the cobra shows a rapid departure from this design scheme.

I'd show you what I mean but I hate the design of the cobra so much that what I would make would be so completely different that most people would not like it.

9. burkid

burkid New Member

if you were willing to, id love to see your design for the cobra. not much could be worse than it already, and theres a potential that your design wouldnt have people calling it a vulture replacement.

10. Adrian276

Adrian276 New Member

Hi everyone...I just got registered here...

I usually just read things buf after seeing this i felt the necessity to write a comment here.

Archlimit..your desings are amazing...very very nice :powerup:

I definetly prefer your Cobra and the blue Colossus lasers... I'm not sure about the reaper because I dont like that unit very much but the nostalgics will apreciate a flame thrower for sure..

If you try to design something new ( zerg :)) it would be great...don't be lazy. I wish I could do that things u do that well..

Btw sorry for my english..im not american (or english)

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Lazy? And requesting certain units? Do you people have ANY idea how long it takes to make a design like this? I admit I have little to no expertise in the area, but I do know how long it takes to create a model like this.

That Cobra took ArchLimit a number of DAYS of persistent work. He's anything but "lazy," and for you to insinuate--no, SAY--that in light of the work he just posted on the previous page is.... almost heresy.

12. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

@Adrian, thank you for the kind words. I'm trying to crank out an Ultralisk cuz I feel like I owe you guys one good zerg rendering. (The siege tank is up on a different thread for those who are interested, btw)

Welcome to the forums, Adrian :)

13. Zeratul

Zeratul New Member

Oo the siege tank one is up?
    Nice models btw.. been a while since I've posted here but I have been keeping a watchful eye.
    I don't think I can really compare the Cobra models, I cant remember too well what the Blizz one looks like.
    You're one however is IMO a tad bulky for the speeds that the Cobra is meant to go.
    Collosus beams don't bother me a great deal, the orange/red ones don't look bad to me but I probably slightly prefer the look of teh blue ones.

Anyway, great models man. I love you're sig aswell!

14. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

15. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Nice Unit Redesign i didn't actually see the difference between the normal unit in SC2 of the Cobra and your SC2 Cobra :p properly but i you just made the Cobra more simple and cooler plus your Cobra looks very Sci-Fi...if you know what i mean :p

16. venado

venado New Member

17. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    What speed? It has no speed.

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    ROFL Remy.

Hopefully they decide to upgrade that speed.

Plus... more weight + more power = more speed :D

19. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I have to sadly agree. I wish blizzard would go more realistic with their in game graphics. I really dislike WC3 and newer games with the chunkier graphics. It just feels... awkward. I, myself, am not a fan. But then again, it's the gameplay that counts, right?

Edit: Keep 'em realistic Archlimit! Let blizzard know how they're supposed to look!

20. ivi

ivi New Member

I originally thought that a Colossus with a red laser would make for some nice diversity, but after seeing the redesign with the blue laser I have to say it looks pretty sweet.
    Awesome work on the siege tank too, btw.
    Thanks for the hard work on the models ArchLimit.