1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unique D3 weapons

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by overmind, Oct 14, 2008.

unique D3 weapons

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by overmind, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Yeah, they were weak, but the were fast. Exceptional or Elite (or whatever) Repeater Crossbows, weren't they?

2. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Something like that I think. If my memory serves me correctly.

3. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Boxing gloves. Rocky Barboa.

4. Salvationvsfate

Salvationvsfate New Member

Somewhere big^^
    you think, there going to have a diablo 3, inventory like diablo 2.
    Cause that'd be awesome! :D

5. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    It's changed to WoW style, single pieces are entire items and can be increased with bags.

6. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I don't get why the new inventory is WoW style. It's just a normal inventory.

Also, they've said they're reworking it, so it might not be either at the moment.

8. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    wait, what?! It IS wow style now, argh.
    Itza, WoW style as in each item is an icon that takes one space in your bag (not really originated in wow blahblahblah)

Personaly I'm against this change. Yes, I also hate how little you could fit there in D1, D2, but I much prefer to have actual pictures of items rather than tiny icons that are hardly different for stuff from the same class

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Why does everyone call it a WoW style inventory? It's just a normal inventory.

The amount you can carry strongly effects gameplay, and in Diablo3 they're shooting for a style of gameplay where you seldom have to return to town. With this system you're actually able to go out adventuring without having to return every second second just to free up your inventory. Having a small inventory, and hence having to return back to town frequently, blurs the difference between the town and the wilderness, and they've said that they don't want leaving town to be a decision you make lightly.

Also, the icons were much bigger in the Diablo3 announcement video, so you'll still get a decent picture for your items. Also, they're rectangular, not square, so not as much space is wasted with the majority of weapons.

Lastly, as I said, apparently they're still messing around with a new inventory system, so at the moment it's probably neither of these two systems.

10. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Is item weights a part of D3? As in a full backpack makes you slower then if it was empty?

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    @Itza. The D2 inventory system and the amount of items you can carry are pretty much irrevelant (or maybe you just need to enlighten me :p). If the item matrixes in D2 were too few, just increase the number in D3. You can still keep the awesome tetris-system.

12. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    That would take up too much space on the screen, especially if it was able to hold as many items as the non-tetris system was able to. Also, items were then valued on their size as well, and not by how good the item itself was.

@ ark. I don't think that's a factor. It would also encourage players to return to town too often.

13. the8thark

the8thark New Member

I agree I really like the tetris system ala D2. Not a fan of the more D&D styled WOW version. Just either add more squares to the inventory or shrink each square down in size. Or maybe both. That'd really help their long trips away from town idea they are pushing at the moment.

You could still have multiple bags as in WOW. Just each bag would open up and be usable D2 style.

14. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    That would still have the same small graphic problem, and it would also have the same problem of items being valued by size and not by the item itself.

15. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

the blocks were giant in D2, they could be like one-fourth of their size(every block be split in 4) and you still could make out the details of the items. So they should (imho) keep the tetris system, make the blocks smaller(and seriously, polearms should not be 8 blocks) and add more, thus not filling the screen

16. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    And if that's the case then you're against stuck with small item graphics, items would still be valued according to size and dealing with anything potion or scroll sized would be extremely fiddly, especially when trying to rearrange your whole inventory.

17. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

then what about keeping this size, but making different tabs for the armor the player is wearing and the inventory itself

that would work without covering the entire screen as well

18. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Then when you're switching stuff in your inventory with stuff you're wearing you'll have to be opening several different menus.

Also the tetris system takes up space on your character as well. In Diablo2 they had it covering a generic silhouette, but in Diablo3 they can have the items down each side and your actual character in the middle, animated and everything.