1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate Heavy - Assualt Mech, Thor Revealed

Discussion in 'Terran' started by BirdofPrey, Aug 30, 2007.

Ultimate Heavy - Assualt Mech, Thor Revealed

Discussion in 'Terran' started by BirdofPrey, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Yes, thats true but, i really loved to used Colossus against the Terran Thor, i love the Laser dood :)

2. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Lol so do I it is a great unit the protoss have and I can't wait to use it in SCII :D

3. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I'm not so sure about how good the Colossus will be against a Thor, but that's just me. 1 on 1 it seems like Thor would win.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    1on1 with anything Thor would win with the exception of the BC using yamatto and possibly the MS

5. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

how does the thor atacks air units? with the 2 main guns? how?

i want to see missiles flying from the thor on air attacks.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Those cannons on their backs when not being used for bombardment are pointing UP

7. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

I think with the Handcannons, if they couldn´t move them the design wouldn´t make sense.

8. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

The Thor just attacks ground units and structures. It's good because it is balanced so. Unfortunately it is highly fragile against air units, like for the colossus. we'll have to protect the thor by anti air units.

Indeed, in a fight between a thor and a colossus, the thor will win. I remember the video where we see battelcruisers and thors fighting against colossus and other protoss units. I do believe the thor wil crush the colossus, because this last unit just attacks infantry, but thor attacks any unit.

Plus if it uses its special attack .... no doubt that it is the best against colossus.

9. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

I think it would be a much more even fight between Thor and collosus. Collosus does about 150 damage per attack, while the Thor does about 30 damage per attack vs armoured. Thor has 700hp and Collosus has 600(with upgrade). Taking cooldown into account the thor fires about 4 shots for every sweep by collosus. So collosus does slightly more damage but Thor has slightly more hp.

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    The Thor definitely attacks air. That is established knowledge.

It's only weakness is its speed and turn speed. You have to outmaneuver it. Therefore it's better to attack it with multiple small air or ground units. Not weak against air or ground specifically. Just take some smaller units, space them around the Thor and as they're individually killed it has to rotate to shoot at each one. Gives you a lot of time while it wastes firepower on smaller targets.

11. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well what do you think lol, if we deal the Terran Thor VS. Protoss Mothership who do you think win ???

12. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I'd put my money on the Thor. If it's in range of the Mothership, which is a lot faster than the Thor, then it's pretty much game. However, if the MS can fire while moving.... the outcome might be different. But then again it also depends on the speed of the MS.

Even if you used planetcracker... at its current strength I don't think it could take down a Thor.

Thor wins with 200 HP left.

13. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Just 30 of damage for the Thor ? That's weak ! It would be better 100 !! He gets big cannons in its arms, so .... that's right that it must give more damages

A QUESTION DISTURB ME ABOUT THE THOR : WHERE DOES THIS IDEA TO CREATE THIS UNIT COME FROM ?

14. perfey

perfey New Member

From Blizzard I think ;D

15. The Vision

The Vision New Member

The starcraft2.com page explain a lot of info about it. You should check out there for a detailed descrption

16. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

well it also depends on what thor's AA abilities are. He may have an attack against air and it might be pretty weak, comparatively. Remember goliaths didn't have the same attack for land and air.

17. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Yeah I think the gun's on the bombardment cannon's are AA gun's and the arm cannon thing's are for vehcle's I think and it is a very expensive and power peice of machine there but it's worth it iff it's well protected

Go to the starcraft 2 homepage and You'll see a little clip of it where there's four thor's owning a defence base kinda thing with marine's flooding in and these thor's just killed that part of the base in like 3 second's :p

18. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

I love the Thor ! It will be my favorite unit for this next game. I hope Blizzard will allow us to lift up this unit. Else strategically we will just never build one on an isolated island, else this unit will be useless.

19. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

I think the two arm cannons attack needs to be more impressive considering the gigantic cannons size

20. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Indeed. They just give 30 points of damages (I read somewhere). It just need more, like 100 with both cannons. But with a slow frequency of attack maybe. Like one shot each 4 seconds.