1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twlight Archon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 19, 2007.

Twlight Archon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 19, 2007.

1. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Re: Twlight Archon on Starcraft2.com

Yeah, I'm not sure if Blizzard worded that bit about the Twilight Archon badly and just meant to call their main attack the "psionic storm" that they reference, but if the Twilight Archon can use the real psionic storm, that'll be great. Plus, I think these bad boys have gotten a good deal stronger since we last saw them. I mean, we saw them kill marines in one hit! I think they'll take a while to take down as well.

2. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

archons have footsies

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

arch limit did you made your sig? thats the best sig of all. ^^

4. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

true that! an attacking unit WITH psionic storm is great. let's see what other abilities it has.

5. kiksu

kiksu New Member

ArchLimit your sig is sick.

6. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

wow. I love this unit. It may be the one unit that keeps me playing Protoss, despite how ridiculous Terran are looking now.

7. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

That's exactly what I'm thinking, Nikzad. The Twilight Archon looks like such a bad ass, and I'm sure he's simply going to wreak havoc upon opponents.

8. Ych

Ych New Member

Despite the recent Terran chaos, I still find the Archons to be the coolest looking unit out of them all.
    The way it attacks, to how it walks simply spells amazing. I'm one of the people that prefers the Archons walking. It really shows attitude for it.

I can't wait to learn more about the Archons, and see if they are going to be getting any abilities. Blizzard stated alot of the exisiting units are going to be revamped around. I wonder if the Archons is going to be one of them. I have a feeling that the Soul Hunters attack ability might actually turn up on the Archons.

9. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

the Archon rocks, but i think it should hover not walk

10. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Wow if the Soul Hunter ability ends up on the Archon... goodbye Zerg. I think that'll be overpowered. It already looks like the Archon is going to be able to rip apart everythingin its way. I think we may see another Dark Templar ground unit that picks up the Soul Hunter's ability. Hell, imagine if the Dark Templar itself picked up the ability and once it "leveled up" it basically pulled out some Dragon Ball Z speed and would just slash and move around its opponent at a blazing speed. So everytime it would do one slash normally, leveled up it would do the first slash, then disappear and end up behind the unit and slash again, and for the third upgrade, another slash.

11. KaZoN

KaZoN New Member

If the Twilight archon had the same abilities as the dark archon and the power of the normal archon....
    TA>THOR
    Or maybe the Mind control was taken out, it probably was. Your ideas?

12. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

I think it wasn't, because MC was probably the only thing that made you sacrifice DT's.... of course, you're not forced to now, but, you know, if they take it out it would be a major hole in the Protoss abilities and playing scheme... Of course, if it is taken out, they could always give it to the Star Relic, or another super-duper caster unit.. My guess is they won't take it out, and it will most-likely go to the Star Relic while the Twilight Archon would just be like a normal Archon.

13. PhantomFF

PhantomFF New Member

MD

Well blizzard has gotten rid of other abilities like lockdown and disruption field in order to change alot of things from SC1-2. Dont expect to use just about any of the same tactics from SC1 and that includes mind control.

Right now it just seems that the Twilight Archon is the same as the light archon from SC1 with mebe a little more power behind it. No powers for it have been announced at all.

14. Ghost

Ghost New Member

If lockdown has been taken out mc should be too D= *cries*

15. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Most likely, the Twilight Archon will be the normal SC1 Archon but with boosted shields, damage, and maybe a little more health. And I think Blizzard was messing around with it having psionic storm too, but I might be wrong.

P.S. where did it say that lockdown was taken out?

16. mc2

mc2 New Member

The ability of psionic storm is given back to the High Templar. But we need to remember that they are still trying to make/scrap/balance out various units and the abilities, so it's not finalised yet as to what units and what abilities will be in starcraft 2

17. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

If I remember correctly, it was one of those things where lockdown wasn't mentioned on that picture that compiled all the new Terran units...it said 2 NEW abilities, which doesn't necessarily mean that the old ones aren't there either (I mean seriously people, a ghost without cloak?) but people started running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

It was like someone whispered "No more lockdown," and then everyone started going "WHAT?!?! NO MORE LOCKDOWN?!?!? WHAAAAT?!?!?!" and it became gospel. But it hasn't been mentioned yet I don't think

18. PhantomFF

PhantomFF New Member

MD
    Well the way it works is if Ghosts still have lockdown, they will have a total of 5 powers whcih is unprecidented in a unit.

Its been proven ghosts still have cloak as per game demos, I personally think that the "snipe" power will be passive. This leaves both call reinforcements and nuke as the other two powers leaving the normal 3 powers for the unit. Again there isn't any proof that ghosts dont have lockdown anymore, but evidence points to the contrary.

19. TidalSpiral

TidalSpiral New Member

I think taking out Lockdown would be an alright decision. They shouldn't be dissuaded from making the gameplay work well just because people are afraid of change. I mean seriously, with all these crazy units, Lockdown isn't necessary. Still sexy but unnecessary. lol

I've got a very bad feeling about what form the Science Vessel will take though... I'm imagining large levels of radiation poisoning.

20. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I actually thought one of the magazine leaks mentioned that the Ghosts would retain all of their SC1 powers and have the additional sniping and "one unnamed ability," which we later found out was the orbital drop to call in marines. This is SC2, so I don't see why one unit having 5 abilities would be that strange, especially since we don't know how sniping works, it could very well be a passive upgrade that just makes the Ghost tear apart living units.