1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight Archon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

Twilight Archon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

plus look at WC3. Theres casters then there are units with just one ability. Not many things that are purely for attacking. Not that I condone anything related to WC3. But this is Blizzard.

2. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Arbiters and ghosts were attacking casters in SC.

Arbiter's attacks do 10 explosive damage with a cooldown of 45, that's 3 times slower than a marine while also taking up to 50% damage reduction on a measly 10 damage, that's pretty much neglegible.

Ghosts have a more reasonable cooldown of 22, just like goliath ground attacks or zealots. But at the same 10 damage as arbiters, ghost attacks are CONCUSSIVE. That late in the game, ghost attack are pathetic doing only 25% damage to most things. 25% of 10 is neglegible to say the least.

But how many arbiters do you think you can get away with in a game? You have to also consider that not only are arbiters and ghosts at the top of their respective tech trees, they also do not possess direct offensive capabilities. All of their spells are tactical in nature, so you can't really have too many of them around.

High templars and science vessels on the other hand, have powerful direct damage AoE abilities. You can have more of them around in the first place, but still not too many when you factor in their cost. But if they also had a basic attack, on top of everything else they have, you can justify their higher cost over standard units and have even more of them around.

I personally consider SC a much better game than WC3/FT, despite being a nearly 10 year old game. Attacking casters need to stay in WC and stay at a minimum in SC, but I'm sure that's already how it is in SC2.

3. paragon

paragon Guest

I was just saying cause it was a cool attack.

4. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Never seen the attack I don't think. I started on BW, never even knew about SC original, let alone beta.

Love your new sig btw, nice.

5. burkid

burkid New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

tassadar used it.

6. paragon

paragon Guest

Yes. It came from the amulet on their head.

7. burkid

burkid New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

really? i didnt know that

8. paragon

paragon Guest

I believe there was a blue explosion on the target to. So it was an instant attack.

9. burkid

burkid New Member

when tassadar attacked it looked just like a ghost attacking.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

Was it the same color? I thought it was blue.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

tassadars was the orange-ish red like a ghost. i just played through the whole original campaign last week