1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight Archon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

Twilight Archon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

1. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

or they know and they are not gonna tell us :p

2. burkid

burkid New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

well thats blizzard for you :p

3. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    umm... the tassadar/zeratul hero archon in the original... correct me if i'm mistaken, isnt tassadar a high templar and zeratul a dark templar? just thought i would throw that thought in there...

4. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i hope twilight archon is the next unit they unveil on starcraft2.com. i really want to learn more about this remarkable unit

5. paragon

paragon Guest

yes but it was never used. I think they just threw that in there because they wanted a hero unit for every regular unit.

6. JBL

JBL New Member

i always loved archons even if they are much weaker than what they look like.. they are just so cool with their splash dmg..

but i think they have a spell that can freeze stuff now..

7. burkid

burkid New Member

no thats high templar

8. paragon

paragon Guest

Speaking of high templar, it'd be nice if they brought back it's attack.

9. Highjustice

Highjustice New Member

As I said in another post I think this speaks a lot for how the dark templar culture is being mixed into mainstream protoss society/warfare. I believe a lot of units are going to have this "light/dark mix". It only makes sense that once two cultures finally come to terms with each other you start integrating the best parts of both to create an overall better culture. You will probably see the best of the Archons and the best of the Dark Archons fused together to make a "better" archon. Now whether or not the unit actually ends up being more useful as far as gameplay goes is up to individual players and playstyles, and how well Blizzard's vision gets implemented. As far as lore is concerned I feel that the fusing of the best of both worlds to make the protoss stronger now that the barriers of hatred are breaking down makes perfect sense.

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

the high templars had an attack before? u mean tassadars?

11. Highjustice

Highjustice New Member

I'd say psionic storm is what they are referring to

12. burkid

burkid New Member

i think tassadars attack is because of the dark templar energies he could channel.

13. paragon

paragon Guest

I mean the attack like tassadar. And yes, they all had that at one point (may have been as far back as beta but they did have it)

14. WuHT

WuHT New Member

I actually a jagged lightning beam instead of the psionic energry ball in the leaked pc gamer vid.

15. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    The twilight archon's attack looks just like the old archon one if you ask me. Except it's done in better graphics and the range appears to be longer.

The old archon's attack was also graphically a lightning beam type of thing. The "ball" thing is just where it hits the target, it's the same way now, you still see the "ball" where twilight archon's attack hits the target.

And it seems that twilight archons have splash damage just like archons, but no surprise there.

Oh, and no attacks for caster units. The fiasco they had with WC3 was quite enough. If they had just never given casters a basic attack, they could've saved themselves and everyone else a lot of headache.

16. paragon

paragon Guest

What about the arbiter? That was a caster with an attack. Same as the star relic.

17. burkid

burkid New Member

i think thats to defend themselves  when they are the only thing being attack due to a cloak field.

18. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i barely noticed that the arbiter had an attack

but i dont think the twilight archon has any spells, would be better if it just kicked ass at fighting 20 marines

19. paragon

paragon Guest

Well in that case it would be better if it was just called Archon

20. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

Yeah, if they are going to change the name and look of it, they might as well make it a different unit.  I could see it having a casting ability.