1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight Archon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

Twilight Archon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Three archons? I only remember two...

The Twilight Archon is probably just two High Templars merged together, however the name is used to reflect their current environment and situation. Remember that there is still some deep seeded hatred between the outcasts and the ones truly born on Aiur.

2. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

yea but they need to drop their differences and unite as a whole to defeat the zerg! you can already tell that they are by seeing the immortals/stalkers, the tempest, etc.

i mean if you did the enslavers campaign, you see that the dark/light tribes unite against that rogue dark templar forces.

3. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

I really like this concept. I don't see why two types of archons couldn't merge. Even if they were pretty powerful it would be hard to make them so whoever had them would certainly deserve it. I'd def. rather see this than the stupid mothership.

4. dlaxmcm

dlaxmcm New Member

i completely agree wtf ms where did that come from?
    if they wanted to make an ultimate unit AND stick to the story then a fusion archon+dark archon thats really strong would make sense. its too late for that but seriously that would be sooo cool. no matter what cost i would do it just to see what happens

they should make a bulding that you send the archons into in order to make the transformation because of how much power would be released but like i said fusion archon as ultimate unity not gonna happen

5. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i thought he meant mp by hp

6. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

It's starting to sound like DBZ, with all the Archon fusing.

7. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    it appears that this will be both light and dark it should be weaker than an archon have less spells than a dark archon.
    but together be more versatile.
    as for appearance it should be dark blue rather than light blue like plain archon.

al this is educated speculating please don't beat me up ;D

8. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I like the sound of it Overmind. FTO! (Infested Terran saying "For The Overmind!" instead of FTW!)

9. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    Light + Dark = Dim Archon, Shady Archon, or Could You Turn Down the Lights Please? Archon.

But seriously, how Overmind put it sounds about right to me. Should be purple though don't you think? Red and blue makes purple.

10. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

I personally don't want a purple ball running around the battlefield. I like the dark blue idea much better. haha.

11. DontHate

DontHate New Member

who really cares about the color. as long as it has some spells and an attack i'm okay dokay.

12. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

who the hell said anything about it having spells? i was under the impression that this is still the old archon.

13. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

Yeah, I don't know if it will cast or not... Though I could have missed something along the way.  I just figured it had a more powerful attack than the original archon and maybe have one of the abilities of the dark archon since it might be a combo of dark and light.

14. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

The thing is, is that the High Templar have changed, the Twilight Archon very well may have replaced the old Archon (Twi Archons attacks look the same as the originals), its hard to say for sure of course. I would like to see these the Archons with some sort of "energy catharsis" ability where it can sacrifice some of its shield energy to a damaging energy attack over an area, kinda like a larger psi storm that doesn't do quite as much damage. (Archons SUCK in the original, they are way to vulnerable to too many kinds of units, especially for the gas price involved with their creation)

15. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

Yeah, an Aoe of sorts would be nice.  I would say that it would have to take a serious amount of their shield though in order to make it even.  That way counter attacks work well.

16. paragon

paragon Guest

Archons did not suck in the original. They could deal out a lot of damage before dying as long as they aren't EMPed.

I figured the twilight archon would have at least one spell.

17. WuHT

WuHT New Member

The archons dont have the big aoe energy ball attack ..it looks kinda like a beam type weapon (simliar to colossus)

Any confirmations ?

18. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

It would be like a psi storm that does 40 damage to the "large area", Also it would be a stackable spell, so if you created 3 twilight archons with 6 high templar you could stack (the spell has a different color effect and light accenting effect depending on the stack level) 3 of these Psionic Hurricane attacks, creating in effect a very large area psi storm. Each cast of the Psionic Hurricane would result in the TW Archon losing 100 shield points and 75 MP. The shield energy is REQUIRED. So if shields are down the twilight archons Psionic Hurricane may be useless.

19. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker New Member

No we are creating hypotheticals. THe Twilight Archons is SHOWN doing a REGULAR Archon style melee esque swiping energy attacks. (The same attack from the Archon in the original)

20. burkid

burkid New Member

blizzard has said that they dont know what they are doing with TA yet.