1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight Archon Revealed @ starcraft2.com + Fate of the Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 19, 2007.

Twilight Archon Revealed @ starcraft2.com + Fate of the Soul Hunter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FlyingTiger, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Yea, I made this other character for modeling practice and basically realized that it looked Templarish. So I tweaked the textures a bit 'n what not and just went nuts with it. Haha, thanks a lot; glad ya like it.

2. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

now dark templar in sc2 should look and move like that in your sig archlimit. tell blizzard about it. ^^

thats just awesome. :powerup:

3. concreteasflesh

concreteasflesh New Member

RIP Soul Hunter, you wont be missed. and the T-Con shalt PWN

4. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

wow i'm speechless at the twilight archon its so magnificent... Yay thank you Blizzard for once again listening to your fans and getting rid of the Soul Hunter

5. Hito

Hito New Member

Well done Blizz, Soul Hunter is gone. =)

Now go rework the look of the Reavers too. ;)

Archons look awsome, but do they have feet? dont like the "Walking animation" they should be hovering.

6. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Soul Hunters... Weren't even that bad though...

7. vinzel

vinzel New Member

it looks awesome but i don't like when it walks his legs looks funny it would look better without legs

8. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

I dont like the fact that soul hunters might be removed. The twilight Archon is ganna be a freakin keeper but i love the Soul Hunter, people just hate it because of it's name. It's true the name dose not fit into Star Craft but. it's concept is a strong one. he would own terrans and zerg early. But mabey there trying to Balence it out and this unit makes that impossable.

9. Ych

Ych New Member

I, for one, hated the Soul Hunter in every way.
    Like mentioned, its name is unacceptable but that is only the minor part.

The major part is, Soul Hunters just doesn't fit the Protoss Theme whatsoever. They look like criminals of some sort. Protoss warriors are honorable and religious warriors. When you see a Soul Hunter, they don't look very respectful warriors. They look like criminals. And what is with Protoss Warriors riding on a surfboard? So yea, Soul Hunters were just stupid IMO if they were in a Protoss arsenal. But if it was a Terran unit, then that is a different story, and I might actually like it.

Simply put, I don't mind the mechanics of the Soul Hunter as long as they rename it and remodel it. My suggestion is the Vindicator which is my avatar as of now. They carry the same lightning gun and it would look and sound much cooler if Blizzard replaced the Soul Hunters name and model to the Vindicator model.

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Well, soul hunters are dark templar. They are not very "honorable" or "proud" looking at all. They wear cloth instead of plate. Also, they're not suposed to be respectful. The dark templar are not at all, they're outcasts. but yea, the surfboard type thing is pretty dumb.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

the dark templar are respectful. very much so. just not to the Khala Protoss, since they are the ones that exiled them. They were exiled millenia ago, and they couldnt survive that long without having a government, which happens to be a religious heirarchy, with the matriarch at the top. They are still religious, just not to the khala, and are still respectful, just not to the khala.