Today's Recipe: Making Warcraft 3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by MeisterX, Aug 11, 2007.

Today's Recipe: Making Warcraft 3

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by MeisterX, Aug 11, 2007.

1. burkid

burkid New Member

i love diablo 2. SC is secondary to diablo 2 for me.
    dont compare WoW and diablo. WoW makes you pay and is highly addictive and sucks. Diablo 2 doesnt make you pay and kicks ass.

I played SC before WC3. I love SC. i love WC3. both are great games. but they are of a slightly different genre. SC is straight RTS, and WC3 is an RTSRPG. because WC3 wasnt a straight RTS, people either love it or hate it. you (obviously) hate it, but that doesnt mean everyone else does too. state your opinion without derogitory terms.

i dont recall ever getting a game or hating it for someone i dont even knows opinion. awards are like movie ratings, you should never base an opinion off of them. and just because it wasnt "one of the best games ever" doesnt mean it sucks.

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Ehh burkid this is an old thread. You guys are crazy.

Anyway, I didn't talk about it in derogatory terms. I was joking that it's substandard from SC. Which I feel it is. WC is supposed to be the original RTS, they kinda of betrayed that what with all the heroes.

Also, awards mean quite a lot in the game world. If you win game of the year you're at least decent. It's not like movies where it's solely a few people's opinions. It is generally based on popular opinion.

Also, when I said you're tired of the cruddy graphics, I was actually referring to SC, not WC3. I didn't really talk about it in derogatory terms other than the intial post, which was simply a joke. :p

3. burkid

burkid New Member

ah. ok. my mistake. no hard feelings.

i didnt realize how old this thread was, it was at the top of my updated threads.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Are you kidding me? WC3 < SC1. The only thing WC was better at than SC was the map editor and the custom games. In actual gameplay, it sucked.

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Warcraft3 was a great game! :p 8)

6. DontHate

DontHate New Member

WoW's a great game and so is warcraft... it's funny becuase most people here hate WoW becuase it's "highly addictive" which isn't a bad thing at all... and it "makes you pay"... i don't see why making people pay for a great games makes the game any worse. If you can't play the game you can't say it sucks.

7. burkid

burkid New Member

i used to play wow. its pretty bad, but it is addicting. you dont even know how bad it is till you go cold turkey for a few months. then youre like "sh*t... that game sucked!"
    but yes, WC3 is a good game.

8. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Warcraft 3 is only good for custom and fiddling with units.
    DotA is Warcraft 3's AIDs. It's everywhere and can't be cured.

WoW is meh... until you realized how bad it really is.
    I'd be shocked if I'm the only one that doesn't like being told where to move my polygons by either:
    A 16 year old that thinks he's the greatest.
    A 40 year old that has nothing better to do in his spare time but lead a bunch of virtual warriors.
    An 8 year old that makes you want to shoot babies so none of them turn into your raid leading kid leader.

9. burkid

burkid New Member

WoW has made me hate teens and younger.

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    ...I hope I'm a special teen in your "do not kill" category.

Also, if someone makes a SC2 DotA I will personally track them down and use their Starcraft 2 CD key to brutally murder them so the cops have to track down over 700 pieces of the victim.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

i didnt say i want to kill them, its just they act like they are superior because they have the time to put 12 hours a day into a game so they know everything inside and out when they should be doing something like homework. and they have no common sense!

BTW, speaking of killing, did i mention i got my black belt in tae kwon do today? ;)

12. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    First off dont go bashing teens not all of us are arrogant SOBs hell bent on the domination of a virtual world.

Second i think WC3 is a good paralel (aparantly i cant spell today) game to SC1. Becuase when your tired of comanding 200 zerglings and fighting spacecraft you can take a break and go command 2-3 heros against an army. Also the WC3 map editor is just awsome by comparrison to SC1's map editor. (thats actaully one of the reason i cant wait for SC2 to come out)

Third I have spent enough time playing WoW to know its a good but very addicting game that can get repetive if your not careful but its still fun to ambush a few unsuspecting lowbies with an epic flyer and lots of fire spells. ( 70 mage main btw) But on that same token i havnt been playing WoW much since finding out about this site and all the information pertaining to SC2.

13. burkid

burkid New Member

Oh, i know. but the vast majority have no patience and beleive that they are superior at everything because they have a lvl 70 in WoW.

14. Metathron

Metathron New Member

What's with all the negativity towards Warcraft? Poking a little fun is fine, but it seems to go beyond just that. I have never played WoW, but I can safely say that Warcraft 3 is a damn marvellous game deserving of the highest accolades, and I would put it side by side with Starcraft. *gasp* :eek:

15. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I would guess some pople (not all and probally not the majority) see the warcraft universe as the favored sibling of the blizzard games because alot of stuff has been released for it while stacraft hasnt had much new stuff for the last 10 years.

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Favored sibling? More like treated as the only child.

It's been 9 years since even the SC expansion pack...

17. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    They still do patches for starcarft....... nevermind only child. :)

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yea.. the HAND ME DOWN patches.

StarCraft is like Cinderella. It's the hottest anyway but it gets crap just because its father died.

19. burkid

burkid New Member

joneagle, that cinderella reference is amazing.

Metathron, not everyone bashes on WC3, check the previous page (page2) and there are more pro-WC3 posts than the other 2 pages.

20. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    Warcraft 3 is fine.

The frustrating bit of it is going through EVERY UNIT just to cast one spell.
    Oh and rushes. Warcraft has some brutal rushes.