1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ShoGun, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ShoGun, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I don't think that's a very valid point because I know I haven't done shit to earn my citizenship except be born in the United States. Why should they have to earn it by risking their lives if so many others take it for granted? (myself included, to some degree)

2. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

Oh no, Nikzad, I was totally kidding about that one. I tried to make the whole thing sound silly by adding the Goliath thing. Sorry if you took any offense. Was basically being sarcastic.

3. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

hehe ok

PS - If you run with the Goliath idea as your platform, I will vote for you.

4. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Didn't want to make a new thread for this... Is it safe to say it can shoot over terrain? I mean the guns on its shoulders are pointed up, like they're artillery oriented... Kind of like the walking artillery unit in C&C3

Atleast thats how I pictured it to be.

5. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

thor is going to be the ultimate tank.

ultralisk was not even enough of a tank.

6. Griffith

Griffith New Member

I think the Thor is kinda pointless if it is only a regular siege unit with big damage and lots of hp, a combination of siege tanks + vikings would work better like someone said earlier.

It looks to me like those big guns on the side will have a fast rate of fire and it also looks like it has some missile bays, so I think it would be a cool idea if you could micro the Thor to hit multiple targets at once. For example, you are invading a zerg's main and you bring your Thor with you, so you sit down and use it's artillery to tear apart the sunken line, then when the enemy reacts and sends everything your way you start shooting down the lings with the big machine guns and use the anti air missiles to shoot down the mutas.

I really hope they do something similar to this instead of just shooting one target at a time with splash damage like the siege tank.

7. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Isn't there already a topic that says its confirmed NOT to be a Superunit? It looks more like a siege unit to me. And in the same topic they said you can make more than one...

8. burkid

burkid New Member

ill vote for you too if you make it more viking-esque so it could fly too. lol. or just transform.

9. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I'll vote for you if you get the Vikings out here....I wanna drive a Starscream :p

10. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Well, we've heard the Thor is going to be incredibly slow and take a long time to even turn to fire... so I'm thinking its going to fire a barrage of shells out of its 12 cannons, destroy a whole lot of stuff, but then take like 8-12 seconds to even fire again. It's going to be the monster power weapon, but basically be a pretty defenseless target if you can catch it by itself.

11. Meloku

Meloku New Member

yeah, I agree with you. But here's a question that's been bugging me, we already have siege tanks, why do we need another siege weapon? I mean, having a thor on the battlefield will NO DOUBT come in handy (picking off colossus, reavers). Remember, they said it was strong against buildings AND large units.

I noticed you said you think it will fire a barrage, I hope that this is not the case! I would like a missile shot about every 2 seconds, but the turret rotation would have to be insanely slow to compensate. Think about it, if it fired a barrage, then it would be useful for taking out small units such as zerglings (which is not its' role.) My money is on a powerful single shell, every 2 seconds. Similar to the siege tank, but with no splash.

12. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

atm there are several units that have overlapping uses, I predict that reavers and siege tanks will be taken out at some point, because there roles are now done by other units.

13. Ych

Ych New Member

Siege Tanks to be taken out?
    That would be impossible. Siege Tanks are one of the symbolic units for Terrans. I see no reason why Blizzard would even think about axing the Siege Tanks. As for the concern of Siege Tanks having a similiar role to Thor, I don't think we have to worry about that as of now. We don't really know what the Thor is truely capable of as of now. All we know is that it's an extremely slow unit that can pack a punch with a very long cooldown rate of fire.

Reavers on the other hand, I agree with you, might actually get an axe. They aren't really a symbolic unit for the Protoss and don't do much justice in the SC1 storyline. So yea, I wouldn't be surprised to see these little buggers one or perhaps get a little revamp. Maybe they can build between 2 different scrabs now?

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

just change the model of the reaver. completely different from the worm look but with the same siege high splash damage ability and slow movement speed.

15. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    I dunno why they dont just shrink the Thor, and name it the sucessor to the Goliath. I mean. It's got the guns on the arms for ground work, and those two big ass shoulder cannons aimed upwards could be listed as either missile launchers or borderline Flak Cannons. A giant slowmoving siege unit isnt exactly useful considering the terrans already have the Siege Tank which will no doubt outclass the Thor as a siege weapon due to speed and range.

16. proswimma

proswimma New Member

Maine
    i thikn thor looks A LOT like those things from matrix from tghe structure and the gun is exactly the same.

17. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

since when did THOR have two modes?

18. burkid

burkid New Member

it doesnt, but now it has an "artillery strike" ability to shoot 4 cannon al long range.
    the 2 forms was just people speculating.

19. burkid

burkid New Member

the viking mech form is the goliath succesor, and, according to the new article, can attack air and ground in mech form.

20. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Hey now, jumping to conclusions may be all the exercise they ever get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.