1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ShoGun, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ShoGun, Jul 17, 2007.

1. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i agreed with you when you said it...the thor does not overlap with tanks, but somehow BLIZZARD cant understand that

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Artillery Barrage wasn't even that strong. The only reliable source we have for it is the Terran gameplay video, and that was completely scripted. I'm open to it having a smaller range and taking out most base defenses in one shot.

3. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    I always thought that the best role for the Thor would be to draw fire by some sort of mechanic. While I think that the Thor should have a decent amount of damage, I have always thought that the the Thor's greatest strength was its large amount of health.

4. leealvin1984

leealvin1984 New Member

i agree with cannonfodder. the original thors strength does not come from its damage but its huge hp and armor. its more of like a tanker than an assault unit. something that you can use as a road block to support your tanks without having to worry too much because of siege aoe since it has more than enough health to withstand such pounding.

oh well. i wonder what the devs are up to right now for the thor? T_T

5. Ablitterator

Ablitterator New Member

"If the Thor can step on units then buildings should be able to crush units when they land.
    I like the idea though.

I think that they should make the Thor as it was originally. They could make the siege barrage closer rangeso it has to come ithing range of defenses to kill them. That would effectiveley elimnate the overlap with the Siege Tank artillery mode "

Yeah they are both great idea's. When the buildings land maybe only crush infantry?

6. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i thought thast the idea of two lives for the thor was cool as well as the artillery idea. the thor as i saw i was a behind your defence siege tank with a cool attack, and that makes it perfect to have two lives. i also would like the idea that it could have a taunt ability that causes all units in the vicinity to fire upon the thor, so that you can take out the enemies units who are focusing on the thor
    maybe like the corruptorvideo where all the vikings fired up the infested ships first

7. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    After reading the begging of Remy's new thread as well taking a look around this thread has gotten very, very large, and because of that very unwieldy to sift through.

So this topic is not locked please continue Thor disscussions here: http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4551

Topic Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.