1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ShoGun, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ShoGun, Jul 17, 2007.

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I merged the threads there is no point in having 10 different threads about each persons own ideas on how the thor should be fixed.

2. leealvin1984

leealvin1984 New Member

i agree with you wick742. im also a fan of the original design. but, its all gone now. blizzard had their reasons. we can only hope for blizzard to come up with something as cool or as strong as the old thor concept. i guess they're gathering ideas from forums such as this because i noticed that all thor threads are sorted and compiled. we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  3. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    can you stop double posting, thats twice now in the last 2 pages.
    Instead of double posting just edit what your going to say
    Anyway i could never understand why people always think the thor overlapped the tank, it doesn't and never will, but BLIZZARD is retarded sometimes so.....

4. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I am positive blizzard reps look through this site every now and then. Also Jon sends a report with compliation of some of our better and more thought out ideas, along with some questions to Blizzard every month.

EDIT: Cannonfodder he didn't double post in the last page that was the result of the merge.

5. leealvin1984

leealvin1984 New Member

ok. thanks boss!!! =D

6. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    o then sorry leealvin
    my bad
    [slaps head while smashing keyboard into hand]

7. leealvin1984

leealvin1984 New Member

adjustments for my Thor concept.

http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=671&page=70

in my earlier post, i mentioned that fresh Thors does not have any weapons right? I think we need a lil fixing here. I just thought that it would seem a bit awkward if it were to work that way. because if they don't have a default weapon and if you purchase the anti-air stuff, that would mean it can only shoot down air units, making it a bit useless as well. its just like a walking heavy armored turret. hahaha.

so here's my adjustment.

the concept is similar to the Overlord Tanks design in Command & Conquer: Generals.

Thors come out with a primary ground weapon, its arms (cannons). then you get to buy the secondary weapon to be mounted on its shoulders or maybe on its back. the secondary weapon can either be a strong anti-light armor weapon, anti-vehicle weapon, or an anti-air weapon? at least this way, even if you customize your Thors to be anti-air units, it would still be of some use against ground enemy units. and also, I'm not sure if this mechanic would be out of balance, but Ive been thinking about giving the Thor 2 different attacks that fire independently. same with the Overlord Tanks. for an example, if you go for an anti-air Thor. your Thor can shoot down both ground "(using its primary weapon)" and air units "(using secondary weapon)" at the same time.

for balancing, maybe just give the Thor a very slow fire rate for its primary weapon. then give it a moderate fire rate for its secondary.

as for graphics, the Thors will retain its original form. hopefully the size of the original design. with the bulky body and the big arms as its primary weapon. the only thing that changes when you buy the secondary weapon would be the cannons on its back. depending on what secondary weapon you purchase.

I hope that Blizzard brings back the original size of the Thor. Its really a kick-ass design. And of course, it was named after the thunder god, so it should look monstrous.

thank you
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

^ great idea.

customizable secondary weapon.

for anti armor = laser cannons on its back.

for anti air units = current one, flak cannons

for anti mass light units = electric turret like cannons

9. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    i think a gattling cannon would be cooler for anti-infantry
    other than that this is a great idea

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

given the name thor an electric kind of attack fits the unit well.

11. CannonFodder

CannonFodder New Member

Somewhere near you
    O, I hadn't thought of that. Still I think a weak high rate-of-fire weapon would be better than weapon with medium damage and rate-of-fire, for taking out lightly armored units

12. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Well, Thor should be HUGE. No, bigger... More... Look! It should wipe ultralisks and archons out with one shot ;)
    I support following ideas:
    - additional, electrical weapon (God of Thunder...)
    - slow, durable but versatile unit (3 various types of weapons - vindicator miniguns usually used against infantry, plasma slugs against armored vehicles and buildings and thunderbolts usually used against flyers)
    - alpha strike mode (it shots ALL THREE WEAPONS AT ONCE, maximizing damage for short period of time, then cools down for a while)

13. Ensomgrav

Ensomgrav New Member

Thalion, if it wipes out ultralisks and archons in one shot, then what can you do to counter this mechanized behemoth?

14. Thalion

Thalion New Member

I was just kidding :p Anyway it should be as strong, to be able to win one on one with Ultralisk or Archon, and keep some hp (20-30%?) - ranged attack.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  15. leealvin1984

leealvin1984 New Member

i don't think alpha strike would work? because you mentioned that this ability will fire all three weapons at once? actually the idea is you can only choose one secondary weapon. so, if you do the math, a Thor only has 2 weapons, the primary and the secondary. but i do like the idea of having both weapons being able to fire independently.

I've also come up with an ability for the Thor. since the idea is to have Thors customizable. why not give it an ability to change secondary weapons? something like...

"Reconfigure" disables the Thor for a short period of time, the Thor wont be able to do anything until the secondary weapon gets dismounted, then you get to replace it with another weapon of your choice. but of course, you need to buy the replacement as well.

or, if not the reconfigure ability

maybe give the Thor an ability for each secondary part. though I haven't come up with any ideas for the abilities yet. but I just came up with the idea of giving specific abilities for each type of secondary weapon.

like an artillery strike for the anti-vehicle/building weapon, a passive aoe damage for the anti-light unit weapon, or a stun effect for its flack cannons. something like that...

please give feedback.

thank you. =D

_____________________________________________________________________________

16. Thalion

Thalion New Member

I meant Alpha Strike = special ability. Couple of thors are clearing the way with normal attack, but you may use Alpha Strike (click!) when they're pushed too strongly.

17. SOGEKING

SOGEKING New Member

Are you sure that the Thor will no more use its "special attack" anymore because it is cut right now ? It would be too bad because I liked the special ZOOM the camera did once he used its attack against the CC.

I want the Thor to keep its special attack, but ok the damage level should be lower. This attack should bring a lot of damages against the structures, but not their destruction. A bit like the original nuke. We will have to use two Thors to destroy the structures, as we used two nukes to destroy them.

An AA tachnology for the Thor ? Impossible. It would be too easy. The Thor should be a good destroyer of structures and big units (like colossi and siege tanks) but should be weak against little units, as the Warp Rays are weak against marines.

18. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i got an idea. just make the thor the strongest ground unit in the game one on one. there.

powerful than the archons. yes the thor lorewise is so BIG it can step down on mass lings and kick the archons butt that easy.

the thor should deal huge damage to single target. 1 shot a marine, lings, banelings, medic, etc.

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    If the Thor can step on units then buildings should be able to crush units when they land.
    I like the idea though.

I think that they should make the Thor as it was originally. They could make the siege barrage closer rangeso it has to come ithing range of defenses to kill them. That would effectiveley elimnate the overlap with the Siege Tank artillery mode

20. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I've said that many times but people don't seem to comply with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.