1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ShoGun, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by ShoGun, Jul 17, 2007.

1. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    haha that was a surprise?

Karune posted later on:

2. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of every race gettting an ultimate unit. I'dve preferred more of an ultimate ability or like a mega nuke or something to Thor really.

3. burkid

burkid New Member

karune say on the battlenet forums that the caption calling the Thor an "ultimate unit" was exaggerating and it isnt a unit that could assault a base on its own.

4. paragon

paragon Guest

Christ if some of the people at this forum were president then we would be in a never ending needless war with iraq because they keep jumping to conclusions about EVERYTHING and they are wrong pretty much every time.

5. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

true

Blizzard hasn't even officially released anything directly to the community about it, we're getting our details from a third party

and even if they had, who's to say they won't wake up tomorrow morning and get stuck in traffic and be too aggravated to balance it when they get to work and scrap it altogether?

or cancel production altogether....*coughGHOSTcough*

6. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

I salute you Ych9. I'm very relieved that the Thor will not be a super unit...that means there's still hope for the super nuclear barrage! ;D

7. burkid

burkid New Member

lots of ghosts + lots of CCs + lots of loaded nuke silos + enemy base(s) - enemy detectors = BOOM! (a.k.a. super nuclear barrage)

8. burkid

burkid New Member

not impossible if "Nuclear Lau- Nuclea- Nucl- Nuclear Launch Dete- Nuclear Launch Detected" makes your opponent panic and only manage to stop one or two. if any. especially if each nuke is at a different base.

9. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Ghost was delayed to so it could be ported to Next Gen consoles. Wait till you see Nova's sweet sweet ass on PS3 or Xbox360 graphics.

10. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Well, possibly couldn’t be an ultimate unit, but I like the idea of having ultimate units for Terran and Zerg. I’d consider the nuclear silo an ultimate unit for Terran though.

And no need to be rude Paragon. If I was president, instead of policing the world, we would be isolationist, and focus on improving domestic problems, like poor med care, poor food and drug systems, I’d bring back public hangings of guilty rapists and murderers, outlaw lobbying and other dishonest business practices, allow meetings where the greatest minds in our country come together to discuss ideas, fully support scientific research (especially space programs, got to get people in space), and boost homeland security and weaken illegal immigration problems at once by building a huge canal in the southern border large enough to let two aircraft carriers pass by each other side by side, have coast guard patrol it, and then move all the border patrol officers to the northern border (terrorist like to sneak into our country from Canada). I’d do plenty of great things for this country; I think it is YOU who shouldn’t jump to conclusions. ;D

Sorry for rearing off topic there. Whether or not Thor is an ultimate unit or not, I would like to know what everything thinks of Thor's tactical advantages or disadvantages.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    well, the Thor's probably just an extra strong unit that will be the "spiritual counter" to the Mothership, by which I mean they'll be the strongest Terran unit but without the "you can build only one of these big*** ships cuz then it gets horribly unbalanced and boring game" limit.

12. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

Um thor? well i was wondering what you guys thought about this. Will it be a terran super unit? i doubt it though, bu wut if it was? And do u like the name at all? I dont realy, nor do i like the viking (kool idea however, although somewhat rigged.) What do you think it will do? And doesnt it look odd and bulky? I sort of thought so. Anyway's please post any ideas or comments. :p

-Trooper

13. Ych

Ych New Member

Thor won't be a superunit as mentioned by Karune already. He stated that you wouldn't want to bring 1 into base and expecting it to crack open everything. You can also have more than 1 Thor.

As for the name, I don't like it either. Same goes to the Vikings. What is with Blizzard and the Vikings? I think Blizzard is naming these Viking theme is because I think many of them liked Vikings. Remember back in the day when Blizzard created the Lost Viking? Maybe that is why. But to be honest, Vikings and SC don't belong together, and I sure hope Blizzard will think about renaming the Thor and the Viking.

As for the unit ability, I actually don't think it would work like an Ultralisk, which is what many people believe it would be. Based on what we know of the Terran, many of their units have 2 modes. Siege Tanks can siege and unsiege. Reapers as of now, we are assuming it can toggle between dual pistols and flamethrowers (Not confirmed). Vikings can transform into an air unit, and a ground unit. If this trend continues, I am assuming that the Thor will also have 2 different mode. My idea is one of his mode will make him not be able to attack, but have tremendous HP and armor. It would kind of act like a shield for other units. His other mode is an attack mode. His damage will be similiar to a Marines range and damage similiar to an Ultralisk.

14. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I dont really mind about the names, the THOR having two modes seems awkward but terrans need a heavy ground assault unit because they dont have one, not one.

The THOR mught just be a slow moving heavy armored heavy armed mech tank.

15. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Eh, I'm not much a fan of its name either...It seems more like a Titan to me.

16. StormCrow

StormCrow New Member

I personally like the name ''Thor''. It's strong and simple.

I also like the suggestions of 2 different modes.

mode 1: The Thor has a moderate armor and great attack power

mode 2: The Thor raises its ''arms'' to a shield, and packs up a bit. Its' armor will be highly increased while not able to attack enemy units. This would be good when the Thor is being overwhelmed by enemy units and is waiting for reinforcements to arrive.(very useful against swarm of banelings...)

17. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

That thor unit though, looks like a bunch of firepower, like big and nasty, it looks much more dangerous than the goliath.

Btw, Goliath > Thor, kinda have the same vibe around their name, i would guess, that IS the new goliath

18. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nah, a goliath can't raid an enemy base. the thor as described can siege enemy base by itself.

goliath = viking fighters.

thor is something else. i think its even stronger than the archon and ultralisk combined.

19. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    "Thor" is way overused in RTS games. I wish they'd try to edge away from these generic (for games) names like "Reaper" and "Mothership" and "Phoenix."

20. burkid

burkid New Member

titan is used even more so. im so glad blizz didnt try to go with the name titan instead of thor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.